I am not certain I completely agree here. I can only speak for myself of course but I do not think equating all crossdressers with drag performers is the right comparison. Yes there are some members of the forum here who are overly obssessed with clothing and shoes but I know more than a few GGs and GM that are that way as well - it is not a gender issue as much as other issues (if an issue at all).

There are some CDs who do put out an exaggerated feminine form but from my experience that is an exception, not the rule. Most CDs I have seen here simply want to fit in and be comfortable in their own skin. They are not out looking to turn heads or cause a stir - in fact most would prefer to simply be left alone to be as they are.

I will not say you are horribly off base. You have your experiences and they point to something you do not like. But I think there is more out there and more to most of our urges to dress than you are taking into account.

In the end I hope you are simply happy with yourself, whether you choose to dress or not. That is all I am hoping for me too.