Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wife said to me

wife said to me

Yesterday my wife and i went shopping and lunch out. Next week and several of her girl friends are going on a week long getaway. As we were eating she said, have fun going through my closet. I guess she knows that I want to dress up but just dont do it in front of her. So guess that I will be dressed up for a while. Hugs

So How did you respond to her?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There have been several times that my SO has said to me, "do you want to come with me or spend the day at home enjoying yourself". When she goes to see her mother she has to make it a day trip(4-6 hrs) to a different town, and she knows what I am doing, because she has asked. I have even suggested to her that she go to see her mum, so I can have some "me" time, and that is ok with her also. So, I guess that you have the freedom to enjoy the closet......enjoy.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I would take that as an invitation! ...but only if she is the same size. Oh, and as a joke I would re-arrange everything by color or something! lol
    Chickie

When the SO is that acomitateing (sp) she will call before she comes home, just so the grands don't catch me dressed. However I still only dress in Alices clothes.

I think I said, dah. Will discuss further with her tonight and tomorrow night. Hugs

My wife would say that just before she introduced me to her new divorce lawyer! Not that she has an old divorce lawyer. That I know of.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Willie

I think it is time for you to show just how much you love and appreciate your Wife. Unless you completely misunderstood her, and I don’t think you did, she has given you complete access to her clothes and she knows you are going to wear them. For that you owe her a huge debt of gratitude.

From past posts it sounds like you have your feminine wardrobe and she has even asked you to dress when you get grumpy. As one other poster mentioned, do you both wear the same size? If yes, then maybe you have free range to try on some nice things, but I think you owe it that wonderful wife to have everything you wear laundered, or cleaned, before she returns. If you don’t wear the same size, this may be a good time to go shopping and buy yourself a new outfit – family budget permitting. Either way it sounds like a great enfemme week coming up.
    Babs

You said "you guess she knows". Have you talked about it with her - ever?

For some reason I just felt like posting that video

And you are truly lucky, but as I've read in most posts here it seems that most SO's can accept it once they are away... my gf asked the other day if I wanted to stay home while she went to her sister that we have planned... when I asked why she simply stated that it was so long ago since I had an opportunity to change since we're both home for the summer

I agree with the others, have fun!
    Last edited by Erica Thorn; 07-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    That is awesome, Willie. That is as good a green light as any as it sounds as if she clearly trusts you with her clothes and respects this part of you. How often do you plan to dress? Being retired must lend itself to many opportunities with an entire week solo.

It is similar here. While my wife will not allow me to dress in her presence she does know that I have an extensive wardrobe of my own and need nothing from her. Today is actually the first of twelve days on my own as she is out of town visiting relatives. She knows I will have the run of my femme wardrobe and I intend to take advantage of it as much as possible. There are five days without work so I'll be dressed day and night then dressed any time I am not working or running errands. I have moved all my male clothing into another room with easy access only to my work clothes.

Enjoy your week!

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    As we were eating she said, have fun going through my closet. I guess she knows that I want to dress up but just dont do it in front of her.
    It would all depend upon the tone with which she made the statement. Did she say it lightheartedly or resignedly? If she's not totally OK with it it might be a terrible thing to go away knowing that someone will be going through your possessions. Turn the situation around with her searching through your belongings and you might understand what I mean.

Tread carefully, and I _don't_ think that it would be a good idea to rearrange her closet!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hers is hers yours is yours. Tell her thank you but it would be wrong to use her clothing to dress up in.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I feel this is a bad thing.
    I have been buying my own wardobe instead of raiding the wifes closet, (sent to me at work, if the supplier has a good privacy code, or I know I can intercept).
    I don't believe women like other wearing their clothes, and permission is not always permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Meredy View Post
    I don't believe women like other wearing their clothes, and permission is not always permission.
    Blanket statements are invariably false. I'm fairly sure that my wife is fine with me wearing her clothes because she suggests her items for me to wear. I think that she would much rather share her clothes than see me run up thousands in credit card bills to buy clothes that I would seldom get to wear. She has even stated on this forum that she enjoys seeing me getting use out of her items. Every situation is different.

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Blanket statements are invariably false. I'm fairly sure that my wife is fine with me wearing her clothes because she suggests her items for me to wear. I think that she would much rather share her clothes than see me run up thousands in credit card bills to buy clothes that I would seldom get to wear. She has even stated on this forum that she enjoys seeing me getting use out of her items. Every situation is different.

Eryn
    Why I said, "Not always".
    Not all SO's are so excepting, and sarcasm is something I'm very familiar with, why I have my own.

Junior Member Iloveacrossdresser's Avatar
    My SO, has nicer clothes than I DO, so its the other way around for me! He lets me where his skirts and shirts to work!

Platinum Member
    Hi Willie, Sounds like an invintation to me.
    Go for it.

Orchid

Banned Read only
    Ash her if it would be O.K. with her if you went shopping while she was gone and bought your own clothes and hung them in your own closet. This could advance your CD status with her if she says O.K.

We had a discussion last night. She asked me since I have been wearing panties and night gowns on a regular basis has the thrill gone away and do I need to go further. I told her that it isnt the thrill but how good the undergarments feel. I told her that I want to dress more. I said that I would stay out of her closet while she is gone. she said no dont do that just dont go anywhere wearing my clothes. She is wonderful and understanding. I must remeber to continue to go on a slow pace. Well a week of dressing up. Hugs.

that seems like a very constructive conversation. I think you've made great progress in having her support - even in sharing her clothes (at home).

When she gets home, do something special for her! Let her know how much you appreciate her - in all respects! And if the subject comes up again, don't push, but continue with your openness! She'll appreciate your trust in her.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Take it as it is, you know your wife best! And if you did use her clothes just don't stretch, tear or ruin them. Also putting them back were you found them helps. Enjoy!!

I agree with KIMDL93 - I'd do something special for that woman!

I am sitting here watching tv all by myself, dressed, panties, bra, hose, long skirt and a nice cotton top. I dont have any make up but the clothing does make me feel more girly. I am so lucky for my SO. She asked me before leaving what I wanted her to buy. I have to think it over and let her know. As long as it is pretty it will be nice no matter what she buys.
    this week is going to be very special. Hugs girls.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    We had a discussion last night. She asked me since I have been wearing panties and night gowns on a regular basis has the thrill gone away and do I need to go further. I told her that it isnt the thrill but how good the undergarments feel. I told her that I want to dress more. I said that I would stay out of her closet while she is gone. she said no dont do that just dont go anywhere wearing my clothes. She is wonderful and understanding. I must remeber to continue to go on a slow pace. Well a week of dressing up. Hugs.
    That's great. Next step is dressing around her. Ask her to pick what looks best on you. A few glasses of wine beforehand might help.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda