Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you run

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    I would think that you could do it only if you brought the flat of the front part of your foot down and not the heel first. Sort of like running on tiptoe....
    Sort of gives new meaning to being quick on your toes but yes, when I run, I put my toes down first.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

About a week ago I saw a woman wearing a dress and high heels answer her cell phone while I was out shopping. All of a sudden she took off running to her car. She was running fast and I estimate she ran at least 150 feet. She looked fabulous doing it like it was second nature. I myself could never find heels that fit properly. I did have a very tight pair but I could never walk in them much less run. I'd like to have a pair of well fitting heels so I could at least try some walking/running.

Gold Member
    I only tried once and that was when I was in my garage and my daughter came home early before she knew. It only took one step before both heels when out sideways and I was trying to run on the sides of the shoes. I won't try again as I don't want to ruin a good pair of heels.

I agree with Sally, it is difficult to run and not have your feet come right out of pumps. The other problem that can arise is that on less expensive shoes the heels aren't always that sturdy; twice I have had a heel break or come completely off and I would hate for that to happen if I were running.
    Babs

With arthritis I have difficulty running in flats, but yes I have run in heels on occasion but only for short distances.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    As long as the heels are secured in some way (I'd just run out of pumps) I've been able to run short distances (then was annoyed at myself for acting like a guy in heels!).

What I think is much harder (and better for practicing in heels) is: Can you tiptop in 5" heels???

tina

As a child, long before I tried wearing any women's clothes, it used to amuse me to watch women trying to run. Remember, this was in the late 1940s and early 1950s, so women and girls wore longer dresses or skirts with nylons and were somewhat hampered by the skirts and probably also by their underwear. The typical woman when running tended to run mainly from the knees, rotating the hips and buttocks and putting feet as flat as their heels would allow on the ground.

My attempts at running were confined to heels of just under three inches and quite chunky ones at that. The shoes had a strap over my instep, so would not come off. I could try running only indoors or, after dark, along a garden path. However, even over those short distances I discovered that the only way to run was in that slightly straight-legged, waddling style I had observed all those years ago. It was almost impossible to run in man-style while so dressed. looking at video clips I see plenty of examples of exactly that way of running. Indeed, I notice that almost all those who run in a normal athletic way are wearing flat or nearly flat shoes.

One other observation: normal running usually involves elbows bent at a right angle. Women running in heels keep their arms much straighter.

I can jump and run in my Mary Jane's.

Best Wishes
    Robin Lee

Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    Hi everyone, last week on halloween when i was out having a great time as Stacy I older lady told me you walk very good in your 3" heel, but can you run in them, i look at the lady and said no i just practice walking in them not running, honestly i have tried to run in heels, but i don't do it very good, how about girls how many of you have ran in a pair of pumps. enjoy being a girl
    Can I run in heels? Heck no, I can barely walk in them. I have some nice 5" pumps I adore, especially the red ones! *sigh*.

Of couse, it seems to me that when it comes to heels,,,, "RUNNING" is a realtive term....

i can run, but i can't hide

Not only can it be done, it is done COMPETITIVELY! Check out this link to the annual high-heel race here in D.C.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...29IM_blog.html
    Can you zip me up?

I broke off a four inch heel running in them once! T'wasn't no fun at all! Fell to the ground and said ouch! Got up and limped back home! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

It's better we not discuss me running in heels. Yes i can do it. Do i want anyone to see me doing it?? 'ell no. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I mean this is a picture, the likes of which would make King Kong cry. It's so bad even the sidewalk rolls up and the streets roll over to avoid hav'n to witness such a display.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    .....but I would think that you could do it only if you brought the flat of the front part of your foot down and not the heel first. Sort of like running on tiptoe....
    You're exactly right, Piora, you have to place your weight on the ball of the foot if you want to run in heels. If you put weight on the heel, especially with stilettos, you will likely break the heel or twist your foot.

I danced in stilettos recently at Halloween and it is quite similar to running in heels: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post2644050

Hmm.. Ive never attempted to run nor would I.. If I had to run, I would do what a lot of GGs do in that case and take them off and run.. Plus if you are running from someone, you can actually use them as weapons if you need to.

On another note, my shoes, due to the size are very hard to come by, and I wouldn't want to ruin them.

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Quote Originally Posted by Melody1985 View Post
    I would do what a lot of GGs do in that case and take them off and run..

Really? I have never seen anyone take off their shoes and run across the BART platform to the next train, or run down to the corner to catch a cab, or a bus, or run the next half of the road when the big red hand starts blinking. No, we just pick up the pace. Is it running like we're gonna jump hurdles? No, but it gets the job done. ;-)

Plus if you are running from someone, you can actually use them as weapons if you need to.
    This is my favorite quote of the thread, and I think it goes a long way to understanding our CD sisters. The boys like me had a rough time because we didn't think or react like the other guys and I don't think you can find a better example than this. This thread was about running in heels, and how many "men" immediately thought about running FROM someone, or even the possibility of the situation changing so dramatically that you might need a weapon?

Viva la difference!

I'm not picking on you Melody85. I just thought it was a really cute comment. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

As long as the heels are no higher than 3 inches, I have no problems running.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Badtranny;

You were right to assume that the first thing to come to my mind was running from someone or something.. However, to me, when I see someone in heels moving quickly it's more of a jog and not a sprint. But your right, if going for a cab you would move quickly with heels still on simply because you have no time to take them off and the ground may not be so nice to the feet. With that said, if reaching your destination extremely quickly is of the utmost importance, then hopefully common sense would kick in..

Oh, and thanks for the comment about the heels as weapons thing. I actually visualized the whole thing going down like I was watching a movie lol. Though I am far from violent.. And I take no offense to your post, and I hope this one was not offensive to you.. Later!

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Oh, and thanks for the comment about the heels as weapons thing. I actually visualized the whole thing going down like I was watching a movie lol. Though I am far from violent.. And I take no offense to your post, and I hope this one was not offensive to you.. Later!
    Not offensive in the least Miss. People like us need thicker skin than that. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com