Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I went out enfemme and had a really horrible time!!"

Like the bumper sticker says: "The worst day golfing (fishing, whatever) beats the best day working" ... maybe we should replace the first one with dressing?

When I have a bad one (like yesterday, when I flew en femme and it wasn't a super KimberlyTX day....), I chalk it up to experience ... and then can't wait to go out again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    There was this one time, I was sitting at the club, everyone seemed to be having a good time all I could think was I need to clean the gutters. I mean really, if it snowed? I just couldn't get my mind out of the gutters
    "I just couldn't get my mind out of the gutters" lmao
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    I was back in San Diego to meet with married friends for lunch; he was closeted at the time, she was very accepting (gotta love Librarians! the most open minded people I know). I made my way to the restaurant and when I entered the lobby, found myself face-to-face with a woman coming out of the ladies room. She clocked me and began laughing out loud (uncontrollably). It completely blew my confidence and ruined a perfectly good lunch. No one else atthe place seemed to notice me (or care) however.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

I haven't had any bad days out en femme per se. I have had some that were a little disappointing. Maybe my favorite SA wasn't working that day or I just couldn't find a dress that wanted me to take it home. Or, as on this year's day after Halloween excursion, I pulled up to a cosmetics store and waited 15 minutes past its opening time and it still wasn't open.
    But we take these in stride because we have those days when an SA makes us feel like one of the girls or we get that one compliment we really need to hear.
    I second Claire's feelings: A bad day dressing is better than a good day doing anything en drab.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

On halloween I decided this was the day that I was going to "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead", and went to a local mall completely enfemme, w/o any makeup at all. I was searching for the MAC store to get a makeover, but my right ankle gave out (in my four-inch boots), and I went flying. A few guys rushed up to me and started asking "are you alright, ma'm, etc.", until they realized I was a guy. They disappeared like I had the plague, and I had to get myself up off the floor. But I did get the makeover, and then spent another hour in the mall shopping.

It's happened to me...I was frequenting my favourite thrift boutique and found nothing!!! Totally horrific experience!!!

Some times out en femme have been better than others but every time has been better than if I had been in drab.
    Last edited by Vanessa Storrs; 11-10-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Having a good time isn't all that difficult. If we go out and do whatever my wife and I wanted to do it's a win!

My worst experience so being 15 miles from home and realizing that I had forgotten my bra and forms!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

years ago while out doing the bar scene I had my vehicle towed. I had to get a cab and go and retrieve it from the impound! Another time I was out walking and was picked up by the police and taken back to my apartment, I was around 20 at the time. When I was even younger I was caught by my father, that didn't go so well! Oh and there was the time I was chased by a dog (German shepard) thought I was going to get eaten alive, luckily I was able to run fast enough in my heels to get out of reach when he got to the end of his chain that he was on!! Wow I must have used up the bad experiences whille I was younger because my outings have been going really well touch wood LOL.

Well last Monday I had a scheduled session with my Therapist and she asked that I come dressed en femme. I walked into a crowed medical center past a number of people sitting on benches and past a waiting room and pharmacy both with glass walls open to the lobby. I noticed a few looks but nothing alarming. I got to the elevator and thought I was going to ride up to the third floor alone, but as the door was closing a hand stopped the door and a father and son got on the elevator, than a woman going to the second floor. On the ride up I was the constant object of the boys stare. I checked in and preceded to the patient waiting are only to find the boy and his father, and a mother and son, Young children are hard to fool and I found myself being stared at by these two children. It was a full ten minutes before my Therapist was ready to see me and thankfully they called for Barbra rather than my male name. Apparently Mondays mornings are big for children and both my December and January sessions are also scheduled on Monday mornings so I guess I will face the gauntlet at least two more times. Can’t say it was terrible because I spent very enjoyable fifty-five minutes with my Therapist en femme, and she treated me like the woman I needed to feel like. All my other outings have gone well and I have enjoyed my time out en femme, I do wish I could get out more often – I really like being out en femme and feeling like the woman I was really meant to be; if only circumstances were different and I could become the woman I really want to be.
    Babs

All my bad outings were caused by Karen herself! A Pox on Thee!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Actually, my worst times out were before I really started going fully out & about. I started by going to the Monday Night Tgirl evenings at a local gay bar. At first it was fun, but then one day I felt unwelcome and shunned, don't know why. Stopped going shortly thereafter and never looked back. I'm not sure that they really like us fetish hetero CDs there, the evenings seemed dominated by a clique of TGs in various stages. Not my cup o'tea anyway. Going out in public during the day is much, much more fun anyway.

Best,
    SS

Great thread Karren!!! I had a nervous second time out, in 2005, when a small town cop pulled me over, for erratic driving, and also for walking around the town at night, after downtown businesses closed. The other time was in Montana, when i locked myself out of my third floor morel room. They were not awful experiences, and a bit exciting, as i see later, but at the time CRISES! I really feel for those who have been attacked, and robbed, and beaten. That is aways an awful possibility. I don't really want to go to bars, either.

A long time ago [20 years] I was going to CD group meeting in a restaurant on the west side of Chicago where the dark parking lot was in back. As I drove into the lot I came up on 4 guys in gang jackets and one stood in front of my car so I had to slow down and another walked to my drivers side window. I kept the car moving very slowly forward and the guy in front was still trying to block me, finally he moved slowly to the side to avoid being hit but I think I ran over his foot with my front tire. He hit my side window with his fist as I went by. Then I had to go down a narrow alley to get away. It was like something out of a nightmare. Thank god there was nobody blocking it and I was able to get away. Made the hour trip back home for an early frighting night. A week later I was out again and had a great time. Can't keep this girl down! Ruby

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Almost all of my outings have been enjoyable and no one seems to notice me, or if they do, they never make me feel like I'm being treated any differently then if I were a woman and I put that down to the fact that I almost always go out with my wife as "girlfriends". My only bad time (if you can even call it that) was about 2 years ago. It was when our TG support group the River City Gems decided to spend the weekend in San Francisco. We had been going out in small and larger groups all over the city the whole weekend, you know ... sight seeing, shopping, going to dinner, clubs etc without any issues or people even caring or even seemingly noticing us (or that's to say that's how it felt).

On the Sunday morning, a group of 11 of us decided to all go out together for breakfast at iHop. We were all in the parking lot just about to enter the building and 3 young guys came out and took one look at us and one one of them shouted "Damm! is there a volleyball team in town!" and then him and his buddies broke into hysterical laughter ... I didn't really get the volleyball reference but I guess we were all the butt of his own joke and some of our group are tall. So, yeah .. I guess it's true, going out in a big(ish) group of CDers wil get you read a thousand times faster than if you go out in smaller groups or pairings. Oh well .. whatever! I felt kinda exposed a little at the time ... but no one died! LOL
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTV View Post
    It's happened to me...I was frequenting my favourite thrift boutique and found nothing!!! Totally horrific experience!!!
    That RARELY happens to me, Stevie. But, when it has, I considered it a GOOD THING!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You mean like the time my car broke down. I was scared to death that I was going to have to call a tow truck to get me home. I finally fixed it but my nails were ruined, my hands were greasy and it was a totally bad time. I was ready to go to Walmart across the street for a bailout. Made me think I need a bailout kit in the car.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

"I went out enfemme and had a really horrible time!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Anyone else notice the number of "I went out enfemme and had a great time" posts lately? Well I have and maybe its just me but all this happiness is frankly kind of annoying! Lol. I know that not all trips out are uber wonderful and probably everyone likes to post the good ones because they are well... Fun... But let's get a dose of reality and talk about the ones where we didn't have fun... The ones where everything went drastically wrong.... The ones that sucked so bad that you would have rather been bowling with the guys instead of going out enfemme?

Come on!! Fess up!
    Perhaps... we just want to encourage each other with success so the fearful can conquer their unrealistic fears. But I can see how so much positive vibe can seem like so much pink fog and not a realistic view of life outside. So...

... not everything goes right as Murphy's law states... "What can go wrong will go wrong." ... which always seems to prevail in my life. But how do I face this Troll named Murphy who tries to give me a bad time? By being prepared as much as humanly possible. And second... don't panic. Don't assume because you decide to wear a skirt that the world has a contract on your life.

Are you really having a horrible time... are you in a bad mood... or are you letting your fears control you? Take a moment to let those irrational fears subside and put your best foot forward and dance. Be yourself... no mater what you're wearing... and foil Murphy's plan by smiling.

PS: My adventure... If anything can go wrong, it will... (open to all)
    Last edited by sanderlay; 11-10-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Added PS:
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Gold Member
    Well, there was the time I was with members of my local group having coffee and two friends who I wasn't out to showed up at the front door. Nevermind. They came over and hugged me.

But then there was the time I came within 5 feet of one of my program managers at JC Penney. Nevermind. She never noticed me and kept walking by.

Then there was the time I went to a comedy club and a guy I work with turned out to be the emcee. Nevermind. He never gave me a second glance, but he was a bit funny. Interesting thing. Today he was saying I had to catch his show some day. I said I had and made a specific reference to that show. He goes "Oh yea, I remember". Yea, right.

Oh, here it is. I went shopping once and didn't have money to spend. What a bummer.

Denny's...

1AM, me and three other friends, one of whom is a drag queen. It went well-at first. We ordered, a few moments passed, and I noticed the snickering. Whatever, eff 'em if they can't take a joke. And then I heard it:

"I bet she has a bigger d--k than I do."

Said comment coming from a weedy little Adam Sandler lookalike seated a couple of tables down. To tell you the truth, I was more amused than anything else. That was when we decided to take pictures. Of each other, the server, etc. After a while they left. Then one of them knocked on the window, and we looked out to see the young man in question displaying his meager wares for our perusal. Oh joy :-(

Kat

the happy camper
    Yeah, okay. I had one of these recently, and I didn't post about it here because I felt like I was being a crybaby. I had been invited to meet up with some other girls at a local club that I go to occasionally. I got there early--like I do--and texted to find out when the others were going to be there. Turned out they had gone to another club first and wouldn't be leaving for a while. It had been posted on Facebook, but I didn't get the memo. So there I sat, alone, and feeling very conspicuous. I finally decided I couldn't sit there by myself for an hour, waiting on other people to get there, and I don't mingle well, so I just went home. I got a text just as I was walking through the door 45min later that they had arrived at the club. Complete and total bust.

I confess it's made me reluctant to go back out. I feel like more of an outsider than ever.

I actually high jacked someone else's thread with this story, but I couldn't find it.

My first time out, I went to Queen Mary's in Hollywood. I am about an hour drive away, and get there around 9 or so. I was sitting by the bar and this guy starts hitting on me (I'm strait). Now I would have been flattered, but he was really creepy and saying things like "are those stockings or pantyhose? What color panties are you wearing? Pull your dress up higher so I can see your thighs". I got really skeeved out and ended up leaving after being there for only like 30 minutes. Really sucked, and I realized how sucky it is for gg's sometimes.

It's not the worst thing that could happen and I'm sure there are far more risky and dangerous bad time out enfemme stories to be told,but I used to roam all over the area where I lived with my bleached and streaked blonde hair done up in topknots and updos and bouffaints. Not to brag but it was B-52's and much to my Mom's disgust I was doin' it with my own hair. I used rollers,aqua net,etc. I usually wore stuff like very satiny tops and women's seventies polyester slacks. I was trying but I hadn't mastered makeup yet for another couple of years.

My brother and I went to a movie in one of those shopping center "theatres in the parking lot". I can't remember what movie it was but I had thought it seemed like the sort of title which would attract married suburbanite yuppies or college types. Which I guess it was sorta but it was a weekend evening and there were scatterings of boozed up long haired rednecks in there and they seemed cool enough but one guy wouldn't move over when I said excuse me out in the lobby and my appearance seemed to be getting laughs,snickers,hard stares and loudmouth insults from 3 guys a few aisles behind us. Look,I didn't take it in personal vanity! It was the unpredictability of the situation that kinda scared me.

I've always had the impression that my brother,rest his soul,didn't care if he got into fights(even as an adult). I was in a lot of "on the way home from school" and "out behind the bleachers" minor skirmishes when I was in grade school and junior high. NO this doesn't mean I'm "violent" either. but through it all I was never a very good fist fighter and 9 times out of ten I got my ass kicked I'll admit. My concern was the three idiots had had so much beer it could possibly be a real mess for me and my brother. They might not even know their own strength. And I thought if the local cops are around and intercede on our behalf,how are they gonna react to the way I'm dressed? This was about 1977 or 1978 and the idea that LGBT stuff ain't a sign that you're diabolically perverted was still relatively new.

Fortunately,in an effort to save money on their electric bill just as the movie ended,the theatre dimmed the lobby and parking lot lights way down and these characters couldn't keep a bead on us or see where we were parked so as to follow us in their vehicle as we drove away and be a nuicanse and a problem. I'll admit,it's not the worst of bad CD outing stories but jeez I was getting scared and fortunately we finally lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I guess it's true, going out in a big(ish) group of CDers wil get you read a thousand times faster than if you go out in smaller groups or pairings. Oh well .. whatever! I felt kinda exposed a little at the time ... but no one died! LOL
    Oh yes! One tall girl might get a second look and then be ignored. A half-dozen tall girls will get some serious scrutiny! OTOH, who's going to seriously mess with a dozen 6'5"+ women? If all of you had turned and started walking toward that trio they would have made themselves scarce before you could read this sentence!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    But let's get a dose of reality and talk about the ones where we didn't have fun... The ones where everything went drastically wrong.... The ones that sucked so bad that you would have rather been bowling with the guys instead of going out enfemme?
    I haven't been able to go bowling in 15 years, it simply isn't possible with long manicured acrylic nails, but we have to give up something now and then.

As to bad experiences, well, there was the one time my jeans were too tight . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I guess it's true, going out in a big(ish) group of CDers wil get you read a thousand times faster than if you go out in smaller groups or pairings. Oh well .. whatever! I felt kinda exposed a little at the time ... but no one died! LOL
    Oh yes! One tall girl might get a second look and then be ignored. A half-dozen tall girls will get some serious scrutiny!
    Don't know about tall, but I do have a formula for CDs that I developed, refined and tested over the past 25 years. The likelihood of a group of CDs getting read is 2 to the power of n where n is the number of CDs in the group.

So two CDs are four times as likely to be read, three are nine times as likely, four are sixteen times as likely, etc.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

OK, I'll play. My worst moments were being pulled over by the police twice for DUI checks, which I passed. The first one was the worst because they gave me the full 45 question and answer and balance tests. I was not at all worried to be stopped en femme. I was worried about that possible DUI conviction and all the money and inconveniences that it could cause. Otherwise, in 5 years of going out a lot, I have only fond memories and fantastic times to share with others.