Thread: just clothes ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks girls to all the replies , it is sooooooo much more than " just clothes "
    Gale

The baby shoe in the curio cabinet is just a shoe.
    Grandma’s locket on your necklace is just a locket.
    The breast cancer bracelet on you wrist is just wide rubber band.
    Grandma’s diamonds set in your ring are just diamonds.
    The name/image on your skin is just ink.

yeaaaah, right

Every picture tells a story” (Rod Stewart)

I believe that it is not the items and events themselves that create the emotional attachment, but the meanings we assign to them.

I am innately curious. When I was a kid I often felt uneasy about interactions with people. Not in the sense of being shy or distant. I mean a feeling that I was not getting the “truth”. At first I thought some people were just lying to me. It did not feel like intentional lies designed to deceive me. It was more toward the feeling people were “hiding something“, but not specifically from me…but as if what I was hearing and viewing was just “not the real story”, or “complete story.” It was more of an uneasiness, like I just “did not get it”. (I was just naturally perceptive)

I just made a spy game out it. Whatever I saw and heard were just a camouflaged clues connected to what was “really” going on. My job was to figure out the meaning, using all of the other cues to piece it together. (non-verbal, etc). I discovered it worked well. It improved with age and targeted education. The “up” side is that I ended up being pretty good at reading people and meanings. The “down” side is that people ask me a lot if I am a “cop” or “spy”.

My point in posting the above is simply to provide some background to explain my perspective on the topic.

In my opinion, if you want to know what is going on…pay attention to what things “mean”, not what you hear and see on the surface.

So my answer is ...No...there is no such thing as Santa Claus
    and there is no such thing as "just clothes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]