Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisexuality & Crossdressing

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    there was an article recently in the nytimes about nixon.
    What is your take on Cynthia (?) Nixon [from sex in the city program]who now has a female lover who now has a baby from a male or donor? She seems to think that YOU CAN make a choice. She seems to think one can SWITCH ON gay.
    F List actress stirrs the biggest pot for attention, it works.
    Sorry, if you're attracted to the same gender you can't call yourself straight. Or you can, but expect people who know better to call you out.

I am attracted to people who are sweet, gentle and intelligent. I guess that makes me sweetsexual.

Yes Iam Bi I have had sex with men while dressed and not dressed well not like loving bed room stuff just quick wam bam thank you sir type stuff. I really love being dressed while doing it.

there was an article recently in the nytimes about nixon.
    What is your take on Cynthia (?) Nixon [from sex in the city program]who now has a female lover who now has a baby from a male or donor? She seems to think that YOU CAN make a choice. She seems to think one can SWITCH ON gay.
    I think you can find acceptance in your sexuality, but there are no on/off switches. Gay people have been saying this for years. We have finally been taken seriously by society when we say that this is not a choice...it's just who we are. I'm sure some CDs and TGs can relate in that statement. Back when it was viewed as being a choice and having an on/off switch, we were mentally insane and receiving electroshock therapy.

I will never perceive my sexuality as a choice. I can accept that people admit to their sexuality late in life, but I do believe it was there all along. I also will maintain that there is no off switch...no change in clothing will change sexuality.

I raised these views (actually from a different thread) on a LGBT meet and it was a sh*t storm. It's a pretty powerful thing that the majority of us hold on to that this is not a choice and does not go away. I had actually never heard of people claiming to be bisexual only when donning certain clothing items until I came to this site.

I'm not sure what that should tell you... But, if sexuality continues to bother you, I'd join my local LGBT group. If you told them you only have fantasies of men when you are dressed as a woman and sent actually attracted to men otherwise, they might call you a fetishist. They might also call you a fetishist if you say you are into CDs only when they are dressed and only attracted to TSs if they ate pre-op. But, at least you'd meet more people and maybe discover more about yourself. Heck, you may realize deep down you are flamingly gay and in denial....in that case, just get on the bus. My lesbian friend is waiting like a wolf because she thinks I'm a lesbian and not bi, but I keep disappointing her. Either way, they are good people and can answer your questions.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Under the right circumstances I'd totally fool around with another CD. She'd have to be a pretty hot one, though... So I guess that makes me bi-curious?

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Sexuality is most definitely NOT a choice. I didn't choose to be pansexual any more than I chose to be born white. It just happened. Rather than spend the rest of my life in denial, I learned to just accept it and with enough time, I will even learn to embrace it.

To those that think there is an on/off switch to it, sorry but you're deceiving yourselves. Learn to love whomever you want, but most importantly, learn to love and accept yourself first. I, like shenanigans, have never heard of people being attracted to same sex when dressed (if we are going by birth anatomy. Apologies if this comes off as offensive), so it's something I'd honestly like to learn more about, since I'd like to learn more about both gender and sexuality

Is it a case of where you are legitmately only interested in men when dressed, or is it a case of where your inhibitions to it are lowered and find yourself more accepting of the idea when you can express femininity?

If the latter, then it strikes me as a form of denial. One where it's ok to like men because you are a girl and it becomes "straight sex". In that scenario it's wanting to reap the benefits of m2m intimacy, but without negative societal stigma attached to it. And in no way am I judging that, but am merely trying to better understand the how and why of it, as well as explain how it can strike an LGB as odd.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I think you can find acceptance in your sexuality, but there are no on/off switches. Gay people have been saying this for years. We have finally been taken seriously by society when we say that this is not a choice...it's just who we are. I'm sure some CDs and TGs can relate in that statement. Back when it was viewed as being a choice and having an on/off switch, we were mentally insane and receiving electroshock therapy.

I will never perceive my sexuality as a choice. I can accept that people admit to their sexuality late in life, but I do believe it was there all along. I also will maintain that there is no off switch...no change in clothing will change sexuality.

I raised these views (actually from a different thread) on a LGBT meet and it was a sh*t storm. It's a pretty powerful thing that the majority of us hold on to that this is not a choice and does not go away. I had actually never heard of people claiming to be bisexual only when donning certain clothing items until I came to this site.

I'm not sure what that should tell you... But, if sexuality continues to bother you, I'd join my local LGBT group. If you told them you only have fantasies of men when you are dressed as a woman and sent actually attracted to men otherwise, they might call you a fetishist. They might also call you a fetishist if you say you are into CDs only when they are dressed and only attracted to TSs if they ate pre-op. But, at least you'd meet more people and maybe discover more about yourself. Heck, you may realize deep down you are flamingly gay and in denial....in that case, just get on the bus. My lesbian friend is waiting like a wolf because she thinks I'm a lesbian and not bi, but I keep disappointing her. Either way, they are good people and can answer your questions.
    You took the words right out my mouth. Exactly. A lot of the females that like CD are BI. Many women that identify as hetero prefer men, not CDs

Quote Originally Posted by RuthieER View Post
    I am very definitely bi. I discovered my bisexuality at the same time I discovered crossdressing, and the two are linked in me. I used to say that I am attracted to men as a woman, and to women as a man, but on closer inspection it is a lot more complicated than that. I am attracted to men for sex, and women for relationships. I am the passive partner when dressed, regardless of the sex or gender of the person I am with. I doubt that I could be the active partner with a man, no matter how I was dressed (or undressed). I would like to do more exploring of being the active partner, while dressed, with women or TGs.

I have found that many TGs are bi, probably in a larger proportion than the general public. One may call oneself hetero, but if one is presenting as female and being with a woman, it sure looks bi to me.

Ruthie
    You hit the nail on the head. Finally somebody who gets it. Loving a man makes a CD into a complete woman. Taking care of a man in the bedroom and being treated like a lady is the must fulfilling and feminine experience.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    You took the words right out my mouth. Exactly. A lot of the females that like CD are BI. Many women that identify as hetero prefer men, not CDs
    Meh that's not what I said really. Many (if not most) bi women I know aren't really interested in CDs. The whole "best of both worlds" thing doesn't really work because bi people like women and they like men. The mixed genitalia thing I think is something different all together. But, there Are bi women that like CDs...obviously, I'm one of them. But, I do view my SO (Cami) as a woman when dressed. The fact my SO looks like an attractive woman is what attracts me. So, I can see a lot of bi women being okay with CDing. But, I don't think being bi automatically equals attraction to CDs. On a similar note, I DO know a few straight women into CDing. It's more of a domination/fetish thing for them...they aren't really attracted to women, but do find the change exciting and enjoy being in the dominant role. These women are straight with a kink. This is why I say CDs that limit themselves to bi GGs are doing themselves a disservice. A bi GG may be open to it, and she might not. A straight GG might be into and she might not. It all depends. A bi girl might really get into it if the CD looks enough like a woman. (Many lesbian couples use assisting devices, so a CD "something extra" isn't really That off putting to women interested in women...but, it could be off putting to some...you never know). Likewise, a straight girl might get into it because it's taboo and fun and offers flexibility that a "normal" sex life would not. People are interesting...and, surprise the Hell out of me every day.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

You hit the nail on the head. Finally somebody who gets it. Loving a man makes a CD into a complete woman. Taking care of a man in the bedroom and being treated like a lady is the must fulfilling and feminine experience.
    I'd say most lesbians disagree that making love to a man makes you into a complete woman. I'd also argue that the most feminine experience would be a lesbian experience. But, hey, what do I know? I was just born a woman and love women. I some how have some natal instincts on how a lady wants to be treated. You're probably right though Men know how women want to be treated...that's why they do so well at it and why women are crying to Cosmo about unfulfilling sexual relationships and pre-mature ejaculation. But, I'm probably highly biased.

Lots of CDs in past research have declared themselves heterosexual, but to me the whole point of forums like this is to help us cope with the fact that everybody's different.

I believe I am bisexual in orientation, though I've never had any experiences with men. My wife regards herself as bisexual and similarly has never had any experiences with women. So it sounds like Shananigans' experience is very similar to hers.

It seems to be trendy to say "a man is the ultimate femme accessory". Given that in other cultures and at other times (especially when less sex-obsessed religions held sway over public mores) bisexuality was more commonly acknowledged and expressed, I wonder whether CDs who are attracted to men while en femme are in fact simply expressing a natural inbuilt desire that they've been conditioned to suppress while en homme.

In short, we are all bisexual. There's no such thing as straight.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaM1985 View Post

Is it a case of where you are legitmately only interested in men when dressed, or is it a case of where your inhibitions to it are lowered and find yourself more accepting of the idea when you can express femininity?
    At least for me this is pretty accurate, I can still find some guys attractive normally but the reduction of inhibitions makes it 1000x easier.

I still find women more attractive generally though, but being a passive bi cd is going to be in "needle in a haystack" territory.

I'd also like to thank that actress for selling us out in exchange for her name in the news.
    Nope, that certainly won't give bigots more ammo!

Meh that's not what I said really. Many (if not most) bi women I know aren't really interested in CDs. The whole "best of both worlds" thing doesn't really work because bi people like women and they like men. The mixed genitalia thing I think is something different all together. But, there Are bi women that like CDs...obviously, I'm one of them. But, I do view my SO (Cami) as a woman when dressed. The fact my SO looks like an attractive woman is what attracts me. So, I can see a lot of bi women being okay with CDing. But, I don't think being bi automatically equals attraction to CDs. On a similar note, I DO know a few straight women into CDing. It's more of a domination/fetish thing for them...they aren't really attracted to women, but do find the change exciting and enjoy being in the dominant role. These women are straight with a kink. This is why I say CDs that limit themselves to bi GGs are doing themselves a disservice. A bi GG may be open to it, and she might not. A straight GG might be into and she might not. It all depends. A bi girl might really get into it if the CD looks enough like a woman. (Many lesbian couples use assisting devices, so a CD "something extra" isn't really That off putting to women interested in women...but, it could be off putting to some...you never know). Likewise, a straight girl might get into it because it's taboo and fun and offers flexibility that a "normal" sex life would not. People are interesting...and, surprise the Hell out of me every day.
    Bi girls are generally more open to Cds. However, straight women by large prefer a masculine type man if we speak in general

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Ok, this may be a tough one. I would call myself bisexual also. But I have no attraction to regular guys. I do have an attraction to other crossdressers when they are en femme but not in the genetic male role. I would like to experience life as a female, to be able to live the role of a female and experience love from a female perspective. Yet when it comes down to it, I am still ok with myself as a male. I know confusing.

Bi girls are generally more open to Cds. However, straight women by large prefer a masculine type man if we speak in general
    Sean, I've gotta say ... you're learning! It's just so nice to see you use the word "generally" instead of "all". lol

But just so you know, remember all the non-macho guys in your high school? The book-worms, nerds, all the guys who didn't play sports? Well, they all found women to marry and have kids with too. This means there are plenty of women who love non-stereotypical, non-macho guys. There's a big world out there with lots and lots of different types of people.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-29-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: "non-macho", not "macho" in the last line.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    If we're speaking about masculine "macho" men in general, well, most people don't like them because they're arogant jerks. Just listen to them when they're watching a football game or listen to their misogynistic comments when an attractive woman walks by them. Uber male bravado, perhaps, showing off for the pals, could be, but still pretty rude and, dare I say, antisocial.

God, I just love nerdy guys. I apparently love computer scientists, because the last 3 guys I dated were in that field. It really is too much of a sweeping statement to say women just want "macho men." I'd take smart a$$, nerdy guys any day of the week. I do notice that the girls that really go for the stereotypical, macho, football player guys tend to be women that aren't...the brightest crayons in the box. (?) I do think people pair based on similar intellects and interests, so I think I tend to be drawn to nerdy guys because I am also a nerd. Attraction only goes so far on a purely physical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Sean, I've gotta say ... you're learning! It's just so nice to see you use the word "generally" instead of "all". lol

But just so you know, remember all the non-macho guys in your high school? The book-worms, nerds, all the guys who didn't play sports? Well, they all found women to marry and have kids with too. This means there are plenty of women who love non-stereotypical macho guys. There's a big world out there with lots and lots of different types of people.

God, I just love nerdy guys. I apparently love computer scientists, because the last 3 guys I dated were in that field. It really is too much of a sweeping statement to say women just want "macho men." I'd take smart a$$, nerdy guys any day of the week. I do notice that the girls that really go for the stereotypical, macho, football player guys tend to be women that aren't...the brightest crayons in the box. (?) I do think people pair based on similar intellects and interests, so I think I tend to be drawn to nerdy guys because I am also a nerd. Attraction only goes so far on a purely physical perspective.

I love nerdy guys too I mean who else am I gonna have work on my computer ** giggles ***
    My favorite motto's ." Live life to the fullest" , "Nobody is gonna stand up for you but you so live you life how you want" , “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” , Be true to yourself

Aspiring Member

I raised these views (actually from a different thread) on a LGBT meet and it was a sh*t storm. It's a pretty powerful thing that the majority of us hold on to that this is not a choice and does not go away. I had actually never heard of people claiming to be bisexual only when donning certain clothing items until I came to this site. [I would probably say it was just a rationalization.]

Bruni has an article in today's TIMES and now it seems that she admits to Bi but doesn't like the term. If I understood your reply, there is only lesbian, bi or straight. She is obviously not straight so is this just semantic games she is playing and not just a label-hater? and, if she is in a long term relationship with a woman, shouldn't she consider herself a lesbian?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/op...or-not.html?hp

there is a nice thing about being old and having one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. I know what I am, and I won't have to be confused about what other people are for very much longer.

shouldn't she consider herself a lesbian?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/op...or-not.html?hp
    I read the article. Cynthia Nixon did say that for her, homosexuality is a choice. And I agree with the article's author: she has a right to her opinion.

If I were bi like Cynthia Nixon, I would also say that I have the ability to choose between being in a relationship with a man or a woman, since I am attracted to either one. My attraction to a person would not be influenced by their gender. After having been married to a man for 15 years and now engaged to be married to a woman, Cynthia can hardly say she is hetero. Even if she "chooses" to be hetero, her history proves that she is not. Her gendered sexual preference is flexible. A hetero person's is not.

Likewise, this does not mean that Cynthia could be attracted to every woman on this planet, or every man. She will be attracted to some people more than others and in this, she also has no choice.
    Reine

Taking care of a man in the bedroom and being treated like a lady is the must fulfilling and feminine experience.
    Im new here and to all of this but i know for sure if i said that to any girls i know id prob get slapped or kicked in the balls! come on like do you really think that?

Untitled
    Originally Posted by seanmuscle

Taking care of a man in the bedroom and being treated like a lady is the must fulfilling and feminine experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Im new here and to all of this but i know for sure if i said that to any girls i know id prob get slapped or kicked in the balls! come on like do you really think that?
    glad someone else noticed this, I wonder is Mr Muscle is talking from experience???
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    glad someone else noticed this, I wonder is Mr Muscle is talking from experience???

I do. I have been happily married for 25+ years to a woman I love but can understand what seanmuscle is referring to. To me it would be taking the need of crossdressing to the highest degree to know what it feels like to be a woman. Eight or nine years ago, after many drinks at a work party (150+ guests), I let my defenses down and quietly revealed this very thought/desire to a visiting female co-worker (who would be flying back to the east coast the following morning.) Instead of slapping me or kicking me in the balls she told me she totally understood my feelings and asked if I knew where to go (GLBT) where I could talk to someone about it.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I think Mr. Muscle was being genuine and honest.
    Gianna

I have to consider myself as bi-curious. I want to say I'm straight but if I want to have sex with a woman when en drab and then I want to have sex still with a woman en femme then I am probably not straight. So wierd might work too. I am not attracted to men. But I am attracted to femininity and girly. I will not however act on my curiousity and do not want any attention paid to me. Well maybe from women! So Bi - Curious I believe.

Contessa Marie
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Reni Howard
    I am bi and loving it.