Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your stuff

Question Hiding your stuff

For those who CD in secret and need to keep their clothes, wigs, make-up etc hidden from people you live with, how do you do it? I live alone but I have a young teenage son who stays over on a regular basis and my major worry is that he'll find my things. I live in a smallish flat with living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, hallway and a small utilities cupboard where I keep the hoover and ironing board. In other words, I don't have many places where I can hide stuff. I'm thinking I should get a large sports bag that can be padlocked and stuffed into a corner. But one day he's going to ask "What's in the bag?" How do you deal with it?

you can always leave it in a drawer and say it belongs to a friend
    or you can hide it under your bed
    he should not go snooping around your things unless he thinks you are hiding something from him
    or just tell him what you do this is risky
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

For many years a box under the bed worked. Now a suitcase in the attic works. None of them were locked because that just seems to invite inquiry. Put a piece of transparent tape in an inconspicuous area on the box or suitcase to determine if it ever was opened.
    Laura

Silver Member
    He's a teenager? He's gonna find it eventually, no question. Maybe you better come clean.

S

Growing up I hid a bag of clothes and makeup in an old furnace pipe in the basement. My parents put a bathroom down there and it became my personal dressing zone. Before I stopped hiding stuff I rebuilt both bathroom cabinets and made hidden compartments. Stocked with everything I needed. Each bathroom had a different theme or style. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Growing up I hid a bag of clothes and makeup in an old furnace pipe in the basement. My parents put a bathroom down there and it became my personal dressing zone. Before I stopped hiding stuff I rebuilt both bathroom cabinets and made hidden compartments. Stocked with everything I needed. Each bathroom had a different theme or style. Lol.

I’m impressed Karren. Your a devious little minx aren’t you.

How about the car boot while he stays Kerstin?
    hugs
    Last edited by suzy1; 02-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Banned Read only
    If you've left him alone in your flat for any length of time he's already found your stuff. Hiding anything from a teenager is an exercise in futility. The safest method would be an offsite storage locker.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Just good life experience for a future job as an engineer. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    If you've left him alone in your flat for any length of time he's already found your stuff. Hiding anything from a teenager is an exercise in futility. The safest method would be an offsite storage locker.
    I'm 100% sure he's not found it. I only bought my own femme gear for the first time quite recently, and since then he's not yet been alone in my home. Plus my home is small enough that I would know instantly if he found it. I remember having a nosey around my parents' things too when I was a kid, which is why I'm worried he'll find out. I might tell him one day, I might not. But certainly not right now.

Banned Read only
    Ok, that's cool, so you know you're safe for now. Is there someone you can trust to leave your stuff with while he's with you? Honestly I'm still of the theory that having your stuff out of the flat while he's in the flat is the safest method, especially if he'll be there alone.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I’m impressed Karren. Your a devious little minx aren’t you.
    Engineer with access to power tools!

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    Just good life experience for a future job as an engineer. ;-)
    Maybe an engineer for the CIA! I should put that on my resume!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've kept stuff in a small bag in the trunk of my car. I've also kept stuff in a locked file drawer (I said it was locked for safety). I also for years kept everything at a very good friends which was really nice. I came out to him and after a couple of hours he was able to get his jaw off the floor LOL, but he was great about it. Unfortunately he passed away and now I keep everything at a storage center which has worked the best of all. I fixed it with carpeting and a chest of drawers and garment racks. It's actually pretty nice. I also have it directly billed to a credit card no one knows about and hopefully if anything happens no one will ever find out. I have to say I've felt the most comfortable about this arrangement.
    And wow, Karen you are my hero what an ingenious idea!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There are prying eyes, but the "sherlock holmes" approach of hiding in plane sight often works. Keep your male shoes in the boxes they came in. As time goes on they will become fixtures in your closet (especially on higher shelves) and as you wear out some of the shoes you can use a few boxes for femme things (shoes included) that will fit (wigs included!). As for clothes, the carriers that come with new suits are a lovely place to hang your femme things (keeps them dust free as well), and if needed you can also put some male things in there in the front.

It's easier when one has a supportive wife who is about the same size since one can then just intermix with their clothes and no one notices

tina

I had some girls' clothes last year when I was living with a roommate in college. I kept some of the stuff in the bottom drawer of my dresser, under some sweatshirts and made sure that nothing showed through. Sometimes I put that stuff under some bags and stuff in the closet area. My roommate never went through any of my stuff as far as I know. If he somehow found any of my things, he didn't say anything about it.

Right now I'm living with a host family abroad, and my host doesn't look in my drawers. Though the only CD-related thing I have here is some pantyhose, and I even put that inconspicuously under some folders in one of my drawers.

I'm looking forward to the days when I won't have to hide anymore!
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Banned Read only
    Why bother hiding the clothes at all? A little lie...you have a "girlfriend" who visits from out of town and leaves some of her stuff with you for convenience. Not even a lie, really, because you're the "girlfriend" who visits from time to time.

He is a teenager, they are nosey, he will find it.
    How about a reverse tactic? Have you seen those spy films, where they hide diamonds in flower glass on the newspaper table in the middle of the room - not the safe behind the painting on the wall.

People dont search the most obvious places. And how about the option that you might have a female friend youre dating... and she is staying sometimes over? You dont have to announce it, just if he asks what are those dresses besides your shirts in the closet- you say, they belong to one person. You dont lie, technically, they belong to Kerstin

I kept mine in a box in the trunk of the car hidden with the spare tire.
    Then when I got married I hid everything in the bedroom inside two speaker boxes in plain sight (she never touched the electronics stuff).
    Now that it's all in the open I keep it in the closet and the lingerie chest that my wife suggested I build for all my unmentionables.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've got a tool box that is locked. I hope that will still work once the kids get older.

And if things go well, maybe I'll need another box some day! 8D

This is interesting. I don't remember going through my family's things when I was a teenager. When I was a young kid, yes; we rummaged through pretty much everything. But I grew out of that by, what, maybe 9 years old? (above that, when I hit about 11 I started borrowing my sister's old clothes which were stored in the attic, but didn't go through any of her other belongings). How many of you continued to go through all your family member's stuff when you were teens? I'm really curious.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    With the little amount of feminine garb you have, I'd get a couple of locking garment bags used for traveling. Lock the stuff in them and hang in the closet. And, there is nothing to stop you from telling the kid, if he is inquisitive, you have a female friend you visits.

Besides just telling the truth, I like Moondog's answer the best.

I use a backpack for clothes a sports duffle bag for accesories. a small box for make up and small accesories.and a single safety deposite box for the "toys". Most of these things either blend into the rest of my room, or are kept out of sight and reach from others. For me this is only temporary. when i'm on my own again i'll have no reason to hide my stuff(well the things in my lock box should stay hidden). One day your son will find out. weather it is by accident or not. you should tell him. it'll shows trust and respect. but if you're too woried about how he will react, keep your things locked and out of sight.

Kerstin, I've done the locked suitcase for 20 years and never had a problem. I guess one day it could get found out by the kids and will have to deal with it then. As for snooping i was only interested in finding dresses and shoes not much else.

Without my basement, I'd be out of luck. Everything is in generic plastic bins in one corner while other storage is in the same style of bins that no one ever cares about....'cept me..

For livin in a flat, I'd put the stuff in my closet. Get a few of those garmet bags and through in a suit or two and then hand up some of your 'other stuff' in the bags. Slide them all to one end of the closet and you're golden.....

Renne.....

My wife suggested to get a trunk with a lock and pretend it is was purchased for decorating purposes and there is no key, we too have children and THEY ARE CURIOUS about everything, always finding stuff they are not supposed to. Good luck Kerstin.
    Michelle