Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you CHANGED over the past YEAR?

Hi Anne,

It was quite obvious when you first joined that you really did not understand much about crossdressing and how to deal with it. It is great that we here have been of help to you. I am sure that the next year will be a much happier one for you.

As to have I changed much this past year? Not really, as I have been a CD for a very long time and many years ago accepted that fact.
    Hugs, Carole

Well, yeah Hon. We have to change when we go from Homme to femme, no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

a bit nutty
    Simply put, I'm more comfortable in my own skin than I EVER have been and I'm a more confident person for it. Have I changed? Certainly I did! However, I'm not prepared to beat up on my "previous me" for any weaknesses and shortcomings. My only real regret is that it took this long to come to grips with who and what I am.

Ginger

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    But now on to the questions (you knew they were coming ). Has the past year been active for you? Has it been life changing or eye-opening? How much have you changed over the past year? Have you changed at all? Would you even recognize yourself from a year ago, or are you pretty much the same person?
    Hell YES I've changed, I smile a lot more now that I go out. A year ago, going out was only a dream, but a lot of things happened, one of them being I joined this forum and I have never looked back. I gained all the confidence that most of us really have but are afraid to admit and joined a few of the TG groups in the area and have met so many new friends.
    I try to get into SF at least once a week with a friend and fully enjoy all the interaction with people that I would not have done without these friends.

I find myself going deeper...letting go of masculine outlooks, trying to feel more feminine in my body, mind and behavior... I have neglected all that due to career changes,etc. Now: time to embrace Deborah in full!
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

15 months without a haircut, and nearly a year of electrolysis and larer on my beard, I guess I've changed. Some think I do....I can't understand why they keep saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    Well, I ALMOST left (yeah, sure), but I met you and you persuaded me to keep posting! That's right, everybody - you can blame Anne!
    You cannot leave, Freddy! I will not allow it! I will personally track you down in Lindsborg, Kansas if necessary! One way or another, I will compel you to continue offering the forum your bewitching, inspiring, eloquent, and long prose. There is no escaping me. Resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Please don't be too hard on yourself for how you were one year ago, we have all had to learn to evolve and to work out who we are and what that means for our lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    My other observation is that it seems Anne, that you're pretty hard on yourself. We all are naive, we all repress things, we all live in denial, and sometimes we experience epithannies. (is that the plural of epithany?)
    Of course, you are both correct. We are all on a path of evolution and discovery. There is no fault or shame in where we were, as long as we continue our journey and search for inner peace, personal acceptance, and love of one's self. There is much beauty in the world, if we but only our open eyes to it and appreciate it for what it is.

For myself I feel as if I have come full circle and now stand at the same spot I was at as a child but with the benefit of an adult mind. I have molded myself back into the person I was born to be that the world had twisted out of shape. Whatever path I walk now will be of my own choosing, I have moved beyond the worlds reach and now own my life completely without the need for apology.I have clarity, I see the patterns of my life and I now understand the messages in the patterns. There may be undiscovered shadows in my mind but they are harmless ghosts because I have rediscovered myself after loosing myself to the worlds noise, opinions and distractions.

I am free because I have moved beyond the need to label myself by having discovered myself. Certainly reading the words of others on this forum like so many bread crumbs have lead me back home.