Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your parents know?

My mum & dad never knew, also my sister don't know too.
    Adrianne.

I think my mother knows. Before i moved out 2 years ago she used to find some of her drawers open when i was rushed into putting her things back when she came home early and on one occasions asked me why i had went through her drawers. I guess if she does know she's okay with it though.

My parents both knew, from the time I was young. Being young, I thought it was normal and didn't try to hide anything from them. Since about 12, I've been transsexual, only back then there weren't labels or definitions for it.

As a teenager, my mother worked as the head of the cosmetics dept at a large department store. When she would get ready for work we'd talk and I'd watch her put on her makeup. One weekend, when my father was away, she showed me how to apply makeup. Shortly after she brought a box of cosmetic samples home for me. Became part of my stash. My father never knew about this and it was our secret.

Kim

I have always worked on the basis that I chose to whom I will give confidential and personal information about myself. I have to accept that the Government can demand certain facts such as Income etc , and that others such as Doctors etc may need to know sensitive matters, and an Employer has the Legal right to know my home address, phone number and perhaps some medical details and although I do NOT have one, if I had a Criminal record, but that is it. As far as the rest are concerned, it's none of your bloody business!

I cannot see that any benefit would have resulted for me or to members of my immediate family from knowing about my CD activities, the exact opposite would have been the case particularly regarding my father who was of a generation which simply could not comprehend such matters. I remember as a teenager when he saw Danny la Rue (a well know British "Drag Queen" now retired) on the television. My father's response before he got up to change the channel -no remote control in those days - was "F***ing Poof!" (as far as I am aware Danny La Rue was straight) . I realised that if he ever found out about my Cross-Dressing I would get a similar and very unsympathetic reaction and at that time I thought what he would think if he could see though the thin material of my grey school trousers to the pair of my sister's navy blue school knickers I was wearing at the time!

I never even dreamt of disclosing my secret life to anyone in my family. Years later my ex-wife knew of course and was quite relaxed about it as do a few very close friends but only after I was sure that they would not react in an unfavourable manner , and I am glad to say that they never have.

So my advice to anyone who feels like disclosing being a CD or TV to their family is to think long and hard about it and if in doubt to leave it out. This is especially the case if you are still living at home as life could then become unbearable. If you are adult you might need to find another place to live, if still a minor you would be stuck in a hostile environment.

Gold Member
    No one i know knows about my crossdressing, it is kind of sad is it not:crying:

Both of my parents are gone, so I can't ask them. But, I think my mom did. She had a talk with me once about my cousin, that "also like women's things." She never told me not to do it. I'm not sure about my dad. If he did, he never said anything.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Mine knows, as do 2 of my sisters and an ex gf.

A friend of hers told her I had raided her drawer when I was over at their house, and she caught me wearing a pair of flowery briefs .. no way to hide it.

Long uncomfortable talk followed.

But, I still wear panties

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    My parents know but they actively discourage it. They just came to visit me in my apartment and despite trying to put all of my femme things away, I forgot to put away the Veet bladeless razor that is still sitting the bathroom. I'm sure both my mom and dad saw it because they both went into the restroom.

Nope I would never tell my mom about my dressing cause she would never except it.

My parents don't know, although I've always wondered if my mom has suspected me of being a bit......different. I used to wear faux "nightgowns" to bed when I was a little kid (by wearing a large t-shirt over my underwear and my parents never objected to it. I also got my mom to buy me some toy jewelry at a fair one year when I was a little kid and she didn't have a problem with that either. If she did know, I don't think she cared much. She always told me that she really wanted to have a girl (but ended up with my brother and I). I don't know if THAT influenced my crossdressing/transgender interests but......who knows? I'll leave that one to a psychologist. In regards to my Dad, he doesn't know and I'm content to leave it that way. I don't think he'd ever disown me or come down too hard on me about it but all the same I have no real desire for him to know about my crossdressing, especially since I generally keep my crossdressing on a "need to know" basis and he doesn't "need to know" about it. I've worn womens jeans and my flashy St. John's Bay turtlenecks in front of him and he seemed completely oblivious to my attire, so.........?

Banned Read only
    My mother knew right from the start she was fine about it in a bemused way.
    I never wore any of her clothes as I've got older sisters who were fine with me borrowing dresses, skirts etc.
    The only thing she wouldn't tolerate was me wearing my sisters underwear so I always had my own panties, (no complaints from me!).
    My father must have known as I was always tripping about in a dress and panties.
    I can't remember him making any comment about it, I think he may have just chosen to completely ignore it.

Love Angela XX

Both my parents know, My wife knows, my Mother in law knows, My parents say they are fine with it. My Mother In Law thinks I am too good a person for something like that, and my wife and I about divorced this week. I guess i have gotten just about every response you could get form these 4 people. I am sure glad my parents know and are OK with it, they do mean so much to me, as for my Mother In Law, oh well. As for my wife, we are still working on it.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

My mom surely knows, and I think my dad knows too. I've had the experience of having my clothes at the top of the clothing piles on my bed after my mom does the laundry. But mostly, it was my recklessness of leaving my clothes under my bed where my mom can find them when she cleans my room. She asked me a few times about where I got the clothes (stole from my cousins/aunts), and she told me that she has no problem with me having girls/womens clothes .. just, I'm not allowed to steal from other people. Which I understand, of course.

So now, I buy my own clothes, and my parents never say anything. Plus, they don't clean my room anymore because they expect an 18-year-old should know how to clean his own room now .. even though I DON'T.

Amber thats awsome in my book must be loads of fun around there
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

farawaysarah
    When I was still in high school I wore my mother's panties frequently. I remember one time I threw them in with the wash with the rest of my "boy" clothes. The space-case that I am, I forgot to put them in the dryer. My father ran the next load of laundery and sure enough, between my pants and t-shirts was the pair of panties folded neatly as if they were my own. I was terribly embarrassed, and I burn at the thought of it to this day. He never said anything so maybe he didnt care? More than likely he was just too embarrassed though.

But really, both of my parents have to know after all these years. I really admire all of you who have come out to your parents. However, I feel that I have a right to privacy, especially now that I live far away and no longer have the need to borrow my mom's underclothes or dresses. So thats where I am, hidden behind the veil of privacy and distance.

a big NO:mad:

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    My mom was always self consumed when I was a kid. She knew something was up. But never talked to me about sex, girls, or anything else. Skipping a long story, I told both my parents this year I was Transgendered. My dad was proud and respectful, My mom said I knew something was going on. I told her I have been living in angwish most of my life, for I had no one to trust or talk too. She didn't comment. Now I buy my Avon stuff through her.

Had they talked to me about things, I might nave avoided being sexuualy assualted at age 5-6. I realize raiseing kids is hard, I have 2.

Sorry if it got off topic.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Little Dandelion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennyaz
    Amber thats awsome in my book must be loads of fun around there
    Well, in a sense it is and in another sense not. I mean, come on... he's a guy! (And what I mean by that, lest you go overboard, is that I don't have much in common with guys in general... the guys that want to be guys anyway, lol!)
    [SIZE="1"]"So you walk into this restaurant, strung out from the road
    And you feel the eyes upon you, as you're shaking off the cold
    You pretend it doesn't bother you, but you just want to explode

Yeah, most times you can't hear em talk, other times you can
    All the same old clichés... Is it woman? Is it man?
    And you always seem outnumbered, you don't dare make a stand
    Make your stand"

from "Turn The Page" -- Bob Seger[/SIZE]

Smile Grim determination not to talk !

Mine.... Do know, but it's never EVER spoken about. My sister knows too, and therefore a few million of her friends and without doubt my brother in law (my boss) knows too, but theyre all to uptight to talk about anything that might be sex related, and I know if I were to come out to them, and tell them what they all already know... It'd be my fault

Who else knows ? my ex, obviously, and her parents (who read personal letters from me to her and banned me from thier house LONG STORY). Also her 17 Yr old sister knows.... It's only my ex and her sister that ever mention it. My ex.. Barb' is really cool, and just chats like it's any other subject, her sister just makes referance to it in the odd joke but is cool with it. I cant fgure out if Barb's told her new bofriend though ?

Parents knowing?

I figure my parents have got to know by now. As a teen, mom was always finding my sisters bras and panties in my dresser drawers. Nothing much said. Now as an adult, i keep my body shaved smooth, and my eyebrows plucked and shaped all the time. A couple weeks ago my mom asked about the womens clothes in my closet. ( Imagine her snooping in MY house this time!) I told her they were my clothes, but she didnt say anything more. Good thing she didnt look in my dresser drawers and find all my bras and panties , and all the rest of my girl clothes. -or maybe she did..... They just havent spoken of it since that day.

Yes, they know (and my sister too) I told them about 12 years ago.

We don't talk about it much, but they're "mostly accepting" We probably should have a serious heart to heart about my "issues and drama" sometime.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    My father hasn't been part of my life since I was 5 years old and my mother passed away in my mid 20s. Although we never discussed it, I'm pretty sure she knew. My wife recently showed some of my pics to her parents (with my permission) and they loved them. My wife's mother and sister both work with us, so every now and again I get to enjoy a little good natured ribbing. That's OK though; they're all jealous of my nails...LOL
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    My parents found out when I was 18. It caused a great big fight. Of course they assumed I was gay. For awhile we did not talk a lot. It was kinda swept under the rug and not discussed after that. When my dad died we had repaired the relationship but we still did not talk about it. I don't know what my mother thinks, if she wonders if I still dress. I know she loves me but does not understand or approve so we leave it alone.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

never

my parent will never know i respect them too much ,, my mother is still having a hard time with the fact i got a divorce (not her son) she lives in her 50's world of perfection. and my father is one of those guys that nothing fazes, but i know it would brake his hart( he would hold it all in and then just die) my sister would freak so bad she would just go off the deep end .. ( that why i dont plan on coming out of this closet ever. ( imight take a trip out and around the room but back i will go) im dont really care if my sis freaked but i just could not hurt my parents (i would give up cding ) if i had to so it would not hurt them ) i would curl up and die but i would try for them
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Nope!

Dad's gone and Mom
    would like go crazy
    if she knew.

Haley