Thread: Nice morning

Nice morning

Last Saturday morning I was out and about doing the garage sale and thrift store routine. I was feeling very comfortable and confident. I thought I looked good. You know how you have "that" feeling? I had on a pair of white capris and a new yellow print top I had purchased earlier in the week at Macy's. (See post in Clothing section about Style&co)

My first stop for the day was the local hardware store. As I was paying for my purchase the clerk went absolutely bonkers over a ring I was wearing. It is an inexpensive ring with multicolored stones that I purchased at Khols some time ago. I love it and wear it most every day. So much for boost #1!! On the the thrift stores.

In our area there is an older strip mall that is almost totally occupied by thrift stores from different charitable organizations. A neat plact to find bargains!!

As I was exiting my car a lady walking in the parking lot spoke up and said "What a cute top. I just love the look! Such a beautiful color! As you would expect, I thanked her and told her where I bought the top. I then turned and started to my first thrift store. The next thing I heard was this same lady calling "Miss, please come here for a minute." I turned and went back to her and she told me to turn around. She very promptly tucked the tag in the back, down and out of sight. She ended our encounter with "You looked so pretty I hated for that tag to spoil things. Boost #2 & #3.

What a wonderful day. I just love being a part of the sisterhood. To interact with women on this level is a dream come true for me.

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What a perfect trifecta. you should have gone to the track and made a bet, it was your day. Hope the thrift shops has some great buys. Bet they did. Thanks so much for sharing, it helps those of us who are trying.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

What a beautiful, awesome morning, Susan! Thanks for posting!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thats fantastic, you must have been ten foot tall.

Hugs & Kisses