Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost bet.

This is making a fun read.
    I am raising the stakes now!
    I bet you $2.00 I an not scared to go to Castro SFX dressed as a girl for the whole day!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    This is making a fun read.
    I am raising the stakes now!
    I bet you $2.00 I an not scared to go to Castro SFX dressed as a girl for the whole day!
    I'll see that $2.00 and raise you $5.00. But what the heck is Castro SFX?

There was this one time..at band camp.....
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

To the skeptics on this thread. I certainly understand the skepticism here. However, please do remember that sometimes truth is indeed stranger than fiction. My take is that the OP is probably telling the truth. Perhaps the promised pictures will give us a definitive answer to that question. Interesting thread, neverthless.

Either way it is interesting so keep us updated!

P.S. I think that the kind thing to do in these kinds of threads is to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, at least initially, rather than immediately accusing the person of fabrication.
    The cost/benefit ratio would favor naive believe over dismissive accusations of falsehood. After all, if the skeptics turn out to be right, so what? No big deal. But if they turn out to be wrong, then it was unfair--and not nice---to the OP.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke4 View Post
    I am very nervous though, so I'm not sure I want to push it,
    I'm not sure exactly how far she is Going to take it yet, we have had some funny bets in The past
    And I made her wear her clothes inside out once, just silly bets, I more often than not have won our
    Bets so she might want a bit of fun revenge.
    About a year ago,I Lost a bet with My Wife.
    I had for 14 days in a row, (2 weeks) Wear a size J bra with size 20 forms. I was glad it was
    winter at the time, so when I had to go out, I could wear a heavy coat to conceal the shape I had become.
    I almost did not make it, but I did go through with it. My wife knows about my dressing, and is OK with it.
    I do have an understanding what GG's go through with extra large breasts. I had a sore back most of the time
    and on more than one occasion, I almost fell ford-wards due to the weight I was caring on my chest.
    Have fun with your experiences, and let us know all the details.
    Rader

Sometimes losers can be winners. Have fun.

Aspiring Member
    Without actual proof, I like to give the poster the benefit of the doubt. However, in this case, I have to agree with those who say this does not sound like the type of bet most wives would make. They are more likely to make the "punishment" be chore related, such as house cleaning or preparing the meals unless the contrary was specified in the terms of the bet. Also, as others have stated, they do not want to be embarrassed by being seen with their husbands looking foolish. Being partially crossdressed would certainly qualify in this regard. There was no mention of a wig, so if the bra did happen to show and the mascara was a bit obvious it would certainly appear unusual to others, and reflect on her or so she would tend to think.

My initial thoughts were that if this was a true story, then your wife must know and is trying to do one of two things. She may be attempting to embarrass you into stopping, or is trying to send you a subtle message that she is accepting. In either scenario it seems unlikely that she would want to go out with you looking like that, but would be more inclined to make you wear dresses and such all the time making you dress as fully as possible given what she is aware of, until you admit your crossdressing, and things could be resolved from there.

If this is not a true story, then so what. We can all read it, and enjoy the fantasy if we want, but we are not really out anything or been inconvenienced in any way. We can only be duped if we allow ourselves to take it that seriously. As for betting with ourselves, I used to do something like that years ago to heighten the excitement of the risks I was taking. I would play a game of solitaire and if I lost I would "make " myself put on certain items of clothing to pay the debt. Until I won a game, I could not take anything off. Deep down, I knew I would not allow myself to be caught when the family came home or the doorbell rang, but the uncertainty about how long it would take to "win" increased the excitement.

If this story is a fantasy, perhaps the telling of it on a forum such as this is vital to the mental well-being of Brooke, the writer. It makes about as much sense to others as a non-TG crossdresser such as myself feeling a need to wear that dress he loves so much. Brooke has been a member for a long time, but has only a few posts, mostly with an admitted fantasy element. It probably helps her deal with her crossdressing "obsession".

Veronica

Fact or fantasy...so what? Lot's of fantasy threads on these boards. We need to rain on someone else's parade because?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    But what the heck is Castro SFX?
    San Francisco. City by the bay
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Wait a minute here.... MAYBE this IS the wife posting under the name of Brooke, to see if her man is into CDing, and finding out that his reaction, being happy and excited, is actually his way of showing his longing to dress feminine? I'm just saying...

(( for those who might attack me for being a non-believer, I do believe her, I am simply putting in my own conspiracy theory for the paranoid to run with))
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

http://sarahanntg.blogspot.com/

I would love to be on the losing end of that bet.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I can't count how many people who have, upon seeing me at a Renaissance faire in feminine garb, said, "So did you lose the bet?"

I always answer, "No, I won it. He bet me I wouldn't."
    Last edited by Butterfly Bill; 08-21-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Fact or fantasy...so what? Lot's of fantasy threads on these boards. We need to rain on someone else's parade because?
    There is a writer's place to submit fiction. Many of us, yourself included Kelly, spend a fair amount of time and effort actually trying to help others. I don't like to have my time wasted trying to discern fact from fiction which is a sentiment shared by many as well, I'm sure. Regardless of the motive, I'm also sure that obvious fiction will continue to be called out as such.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    There is a writer's place to submit fiction. Many of us, yourself included Kelly, spend a fair amount of time and effort actually trying to help others. I don't like to have my time wasted trying to discern fact from fiction which is a sentiment shared by many as well, I'm sure. Regardless of the motive, I'm also sure that obvious fiction will continue to be called out as such.

Ahhh just what we need.. thread police! I love it when people who cry about being judged.. judge others. If you have wasted your time, it's on you.. you could have simply walked away from this thread, but instead you felt the need take down the OP. I have yet to see any rules posted in regards to "fantasy" or "fiction" threads ( as long as they are kept decent). So... who the F are you? Yes I do spend a fair amount of time here, but it's not my place to tell others what, where, or when they can post. And further more.. we have mods who will decide what posts belong where, and they will act accordingly.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Ahhh just what we need.. thread police! I love it when people who cry about being judged.. judge others. If you have wasted your time, it's on you.. you could have simply walked away from this thread, but instead you felt the need take down the OP. I have yet to see any rules posted in regards to "fantasy" or "fiction" threads ( as long as they are kept decent). So... who the F are you? Yes I do spend a fair amount of time here, but it's not my place to tell others what, where, or when they can post. And further more.. we have mods who will decide what posts belong where, and they will act accordingly.
    Who the F am I? Really?

I can start by saying who I am not. I am not one who cries for being judged. Heck, I'm largely oblivious to how judgmental others may or may not be of me when one who is clearly T-something invades their "normal" world. I'm comfortable in my skin and my place in this world, both TG-related and otherwise...simultaneously.

But when people come into a support forum, one that deals with a subject that can be as conflicting for some as being TG, I think it is reasonable to expect truthfulness. If this particular section is intended to be the "fantasy male to female crossdressers" forum, then I stand corrected and would gladly be on my way because such a thing doesn't speak to me. I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the internet for purveyors of fiction to display their wares.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Who the F am I? Really?

I can start by saying who I am not. I am not one who cries for being judged. Heck, I'm largely oblivious to how judgmental others may or may not be of me when one who is clearly T-something invades their "normal" world. I'm comfortable in my skin and my place in this world, both TG-related and otherwise...simultaneously.

But when people come into a support forum, one that deals with a subject that can be as conflicting for some as being TG, I think it is reasonable to expect truthfulness. If this particular section is intended to be the "fantasy male to female crossdressers" forum, then I stand corrected and would gladly be on my way because such a thing doesn't speak to me. I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the internet for purveyors of fiction to display their wares.
    Geez... give it a rest already.. It's a support forum and people come here to socialize also. Maybe you should give your fellow members more credit in being able to discern the difference between truth and serious subject matter,fantasy, fetish and what have you. And correct me if I am wrong, but this section is open to just about everybody and I am sure that people will agree that we've pretty much seen it all. And now you are taking it upon yourself to decide who does and doesn't not belong here? Those panty and breast form threads ares some pretty serious stuff, as are the magic pill and if you could be a woman for a day threads? And let's not forget how important those shopping threads are... need I go on?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 08-22-2012 at 12:54 AM.

I would luv to lose a bet like that. It does not matter if it is true or not. We all probable have some fantasies that we would luv to happen. May be this is wifes way of feminizing him. Enjoy paying off your bet, I would.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

....... I'm also sure that obvious fiction will continue to be called out as such.
    Obvious in whose mind? This isn't one of those stories where the wife catches the husband crossdressing so she feminizes him, invites her boss over and forces her husband to make love to him and he eventually has a sex change operation and marries the boss.

I've been around a long time and I've known a lot of people, some who would be considereed "strange" and some not. This story could be a fantasy or it could be the truth. Or some of each.

This is a crossdressing forum. Isn't crossdressing itself a type of a fantasy?

This is the infamous Internet where anyone can be anyone they please. I'm not really "Linda", that is my fantasy.

We are a sort of club here and if we don't believe each other, what's the point of posting or reading other people's posts. If the OP posted a fantasy rather than the truth, shame on her, she broke our trust. If it is the truth, shame on those who doubt her.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I agree with this line that Linda Allen wrote

If the OP posted a fantasy rather than the truth, shame on her, she broke our trust. If it is the truth, shame on those who doubt her.

If it is the truth that can only be proven by pictures with his wife in them, then I'd be the first to apologize.

If someone wants to write fantasy and tells us it's fantasy, I might find it a good read too. But to write fantasy and try to pass it off as truth is wrong in so many ways. For one, it's an out and out lie. I don't get along well with liars on any level. Secondly, I don't like to made to feel gullible. After a while, you get pretty good at detecting lies and untruths in someone's writing style. The OP lost respect from 90% of us that read this thread. The only way to gain it back is to post a picture dressed with his wife in it. Or come clean and admit he wrote yet another fantasy story as he did in another thread but was good enough, wise enough to tell us it was just that, a fantasy.
    I'm not the first and won't be the last to call someone out on posts that give cause to comment.
    Yes, it bothers me to be lied to even from a stranger. I won't apologize for that.
    Someone said, "what harm is it and why rain on someone's parade. The harm is if we let this kind of thing go unchecked and unquestioned, it invites others to make up stories and pass them off as truth. So we need to rain on someone's parade when they abuse the purpose of sharing an event or interaction between one of us and our SO's. If the OP wants to write fantasy, that's fine. Just don't lie to us and try to pass it off as truth.

Thank you Brandy. And let's take the concept of a lie one step further. These pages are riddled with the writings of people on both sides of a very damaging lie, concealing from a spouse or SO and from the perspective of the SO who has been lied to. I guess one kind of lie is more forgivable than the other? And think about the advice that is provided here, the support for others who may not have another avenue for such, maybe that should be based on fantasy as well so the other person can follow our collective creative muse as the new normal.

But seriously Kelly, I don't know why you are jumping down my throat for simply making a comment on why a few of us chose to call this one out. I said nothing about OP's right to be here. I simply said that if one doesn't believe the words that were written (such a very fantastical story indeed), all someone has to do is look at OP's history to see that there is a fictional theme throughout.

And this is totally different than the "magic pill" threads because that is clearly a "what-if" scenario that speaks to a very important issue as to whether someone would make their TG issues (however they manifest themselves) go away (or be enhanced) by simply taking a pill. Such threads speak to how we cope with being TG. Such threads are not "hey, I have a magic pill that my wife is making me take...". There really is no comparison.

Everything I read here is taken from the perspective of truth. Sometimes my internal BS meter goes off a little, sometimes an awful lot which is what happened in this case. I see truth until I'm convinced otherwise.

Now I think I'll go over to a shopping thread.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 08-22-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    I'll see that $2.00 and raise you $5.00. But what the heck is Castro SFX?
    It is the Gay? district centered around 18th and Castro st in San Francisco.
    I do not think I met any gay people on my visit, I kept my eye on other visitors to the Museum there tho.
    Hey! Who cares, was a good visit and interesting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    It is the Gay? district centered around 18th and Castro st in San Francisco.
    I do not think I met any gay people on my visit, I kept my eye on other visitors to the Museum there tho.
    Hey! Who cares, was a good visit and interesting.
    Thanks Beverly. I guess it's a lot like Key West and Ebor City (part of the greater Tampa Bay area.)

Wow, such hostility and being judgemental from those who themselves do not wish to be "judged" by others!
    Thankfully, this forum is usually a friendly, supportive and welcoming place. Some of the negative responses to this thread are the exception.