Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Were You A Failure in Gym Class, Too?

No, I was into weight lifting. As a guy, I love my muscular body, but unfortunatly I could never pass as a woman. I really look rediculious dressed as a woman, with my big shoulders and chest.

A Woman at Heart! Rikki Elisabeth's Avatar

I flunked gym!

The football coach was the gym teacher and also the geography teacher. He was a "beast." He kept wanting me to do boy things I couldn't do. When I was in his geography class, I made straight A's...guess what his comment was? "Figured you to be a sissy."

Rikki Elisabeth

hated gym

Could barely do push-ups, couldn't climb the rope or do 1 pull-up. I can't throw, I run slow, and I am absolutely horrible at every kind of sport. I still can't believe I made it through boot camp considering how bad I am at physical activity. (still can't do a pull-up)

Didn't like PE

I didn't like any contact sports - I was tall and skinny as a kid with low muscle tone and lacked the required aggressiveness. I did like individual past times like archery and shooting however. Occasionally I would indulge my grade school friends' requests to join them in a short one on one basketball game but usually just watched and kibbitzed from the sidelines. Most of all I just lacked interest in sweaty, close, contact team sports as I've always preferred competing against my self whether physically or academically.

Best,
    Gunda

I went to parochial school and never had a gym class, but I always loved playing sports in little league, with the other neighborhood kids in the street and on the playground, etc.
    I was only about five feet tall until I was a Junior in high school (grew another foot by the time I graduated), so the only school teams I was on were baseball (infielder) and track (long distance), but I always loved football and basketball also and always surprised people by how much better I was than was apparent by looking at me.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunda
    I didn't like any contact sports - I was tall and skinny as a kid with low muscle tone and lacked the required aggressiveness. I did like individual past times like archery and shooting however.
    That reminds me of the time a group of guys from work decided to go to the target range after office hours. The macho one in the group had a .357 magnum with which he was lucky to hit the paper target, much less the bullseye. I was standing close by, so he said, "Here you try it." and also something condescending about its kick. I missed the target the first time, clustered the next three though the bullseye and grouped the next two close by. Previous to that, my pistol shots were all .22 target shooting. A pistol doesn't care if your 6'4" 280 lbs or 5'5" 125lbs.

The only sport I do much anymore is water skiing. Oh to be Kristi Overton.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

Lets go shoe shopping!! miss_sarah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunda
    I didn't like any contact sports - I was tall and skinny as a kid with low muscle tone and lacked the required aggressiveness. I did like individual past times like archery and shooting however. Occasionally I would indulge my grade school friends' requests to join them in a short one on one basketball game but usually just watched and kibbitzed from the sidelines. Most of all I just lacked interest in sweaty, close, contact team sports as I've always preferred competing against my self whether physically or academically.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I stuck to music, and now have the vocal and probably 20+ instruments as feathers in my cap that also fulfill my need to relax or release without any danger of bodily injury (or pretty face! hehe). But like you said, that aggression and competitive nature never took hold on me either
    xoxo Sarah

Ehh....so so

In gym.....I was so so.......but the coaches were airheads...I have very little hair on my body even today and much less then. I was teased by some, but all in all... I lived thru it...

No, I was pretty good in gym. I was the fastest runner in my home town, for any age group, an excellent swimmer, held the record for number of situps done in 2 minutes, could climb like a monkey, played baseball and football, wasn't very good in basketball however.
    DonnaT

No I'm not very good at sports. I basically grew up right handed and left eyed, I suck at tennis! I could not climb the rope, and no more than 3 chin-ups.

In school I was never good at sports or PE. The only thing I actually remember being good at was bodyboarding (originally from Orange county, CA).
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King Jr.

"For me it doesnt matter what clothes I have on as they dont define who I am, how I trully feel inside does."

Joanna K
    Gym, or PE was something I could have done without. I wasn't a little kid, but never felt too connected to the excercize thing, and still haven't figured out sports. What's the attraction? Later, in the army, I found I still hated PE. Raised on a farm, physical exertion meant doing something, not moving for the sake of moving. I've always been much stronger than my physique made evident.

I was never very good at ball sports ("throws like a girl") but excelled at track and swimming, to which I attribute my shapely legs. To this day I avoid lifting weights, those "pencil arms" that brought me grief as a boy have been a boon to me as a girl. Swimming makes beautiful bodies, and is the perfect cover for shaving down. These days I don't swim so much, but I jog every day to keep my girlish figure.

You bring back memories of high school, when I was dragging ass on the track how I used to envy the girls watching us in their cute skirts and dresses....

Ask Windy

The worst nightmare of my life

I had to start Gym class in 8th grade. My penis is small, and can retract entirely in my body . The other boys laughed and teased me without mercy. They called me "Melvin No-Dick". In no time at all every boy and every girl in my school was gossiping and laughing that I had no penis.

I used to grab my penis by the head, and pull it till it hurt, and I would tell it to GROW! It never did.

When I met a girl (I was 20), and we started having sex, it was pretty awful. But when I got gonorrhea, I was actually proud! No one is going to call me "Melvin no-dick".

I never considered SRS. I married an extremely feminine Chinese woman, and she never had aproblem with sex. Chinese men do not have huge penises.

I took up swimming in high school. the cold water made my penis and testicles draw up so close to my body, that the pubic hair was longer that my genitals. Of course, I was teased and humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by cemab4y
    The other boys laughed and teased me without mercy.
    I can certainly empathise with that. I spent much of my school life dreading the next weekly gym session with it's compulsory showers. I was not well endowed and hated the merciless taunting of the others. Every Wednesday morning I would wake up vomiting with terror that today was gym day. I eventually "solved" the problem by leaving school early with minimal qualifications despite having the highest grades in the entire school during coursework. The repercussions of my curtailed education lasted for the rest of my life... although I did eventually return to college as an adult.

I consider that being forced to undress and be humiliated in public is a completely unacceptible thing to be done to susceptible young people, but I bet it still happens.

Lilith, I hope this no longer happens in the UK but with the complete ar5ehole we have as a Prime Minister with all his Public School "Mens Sana in Corpore Sano" , "Play Up and Play the Game" ethos I would doubt it. I get the impression he is all in favour of compulsory PE and Games.

PE should have been what its name suggests Physical EDUCATION, not merely playing stupid games against your will nor meaningless exercises with those of a weaker or gentler nature being bullied or mocked . Instead it should have encompassed Rules of Health and Personal Hygiene (a quality I found many Sports orientated teenaged boys badly lacked in my days at school) , Good Diet, Sex Education INCLUDING an understanding of alternative sexualities, and of course Exercises tailored to the individual and their physique and their capabilities and needs.

Above all there should be separate cubicles with curtains in Dressing Rooms (Locker Rooms) for both males and females. In my school in the 1960s and early 1970s only the Girls Dressing Rooms had these, Boys had to get undressed in front of others, and I too remember the cruel jibes and taunts the slimmer and less butch lads would have to endure about their build and genitalia. On those days as I have said above I didn't wear a pair of my sister Anne's knickers but had to wear Boys' Y-Fronts which I hated, at least until after the PE lesson.

Since this forced you to leave school to your disadvantage in life you may have a case to sue for compensation and it might be worth consulting a sympathetic lawyer on this?
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Montfort Cherub
    Since this forced you to leave school to your disadvantage in life you may have a case to sue for compensation and it might be worth consulting a sympathetic lawyer on this?
    Thanks Cherub,

It all happened such a long time ago and I don't have any sort of proof that would satisfy a court. I do sometimes fantasise about getting my revenge with the teachers and other bullies who seemed to encourage the vicious changing room culture that I shall never forget. But, in truth, it is all behind me and I'm more interested in the here and now.

If it is of any interest to you Lilith, one of the PE teachers in my school, an ex-Army PTI and super-fit ended up in a wheelchair. I heard about it affter I had left school. He had enlarged his heart with all the exercise etc and he had a heart attack. Same with the guy who invented Jogging, he died in his fifties doing so.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

No sports

I came with some very small packaging so early on I got laughed at, so before high school sports were out.
    Sure wish the internet was there in the late 60's so I could have downloaded some *dating*.
    [never had one complaint from 3 ex's as to what I can do to them though ]

Was too short for basketball, didn't weight enough for football and baseball rates not much better than golf at the bottom.
    Tried judo, got my brown belt then took a bad fall and wrecked my hip joint in 11 grade.
    My aunt was a PE coach, so diving was there early in my life [used to swim 5 miles a day when I was 15] until I started down from a 1/2 gainer and met the end of the board.
    Swimming was always in there [started at 2-3 years] but by puberty that had to go due to just this small protuding bump between the legs compared to the others.
    [see other post about shaving - keep the pubs off now cause they get longer than the equipment]

So starting my second childhood now [50+] I'll keep the exercise/sports to running around the office.

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

So Many Martinets as PE Teachers

As shared by so many of you, those PE class days were so horrid. I loved school, but hated those days and we had PE three times a week. Some of you were athletic, I can see, and had nice bodies, but for boys like me it was humiliating.

As a young boy I was skinny, but got a bit chubby by 5th grade, adding softness to my body, including breasts and soft thighs. Of course, I couldn't do chinups and was usually last in running races. Seemed to get along OK with other guys because I tried very hard and was passable mate in team sports.

But, the coach was cruel. He singled three or four of us softies out among the 80 or so in the class, and made us run extra laps, shaming us. As I stated earlier, I began to wish I was a girl so that I wouldn't have to stand up to the demands of being a 'boy.' Thank you all for sharing. Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by Montfort Cherub
    If it is of any interest to you Lilith, one of the PE teachers in my school, an ex-Army PTI and super-fit ended up in a wheelchair. I heard about it affter I had left school. He had enlarged his heart with all the exercise etc and he had a heart attack. Same with the guy who invented Jogging, he died in his fifties doing so.
    Yeah,

I've got no problem with fitness or sports if the participants are willing and enjoy it. In fact, I'm quite fit and have always enjoyed running. It is the bullying and humiliation by teachers and kids that should not be allowed.

Junior high was the worst!

For me, grades 7-9 were the worst in my school life. I too was the sports idiot, the weak little kid that no one wanted on their team. The humiliation I experienced in junior high school should have really had a teacher or two fired, with their blind eyes never seeing what was going on. But on another note, it was during this time that I discovered the gateway to femininity, so those years weren't completely bad! (In fact I still have this crush on this guy I knew in gym class that I still think of often... a 14 year old adonis if ever there was one!)

Robyn
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Hated it. Hated it. Hated it.

I was never good in sports, except for long distance bicycling, and cross-country skiing.
    Hugs,

Teddie

GypsyKaren
    I was a grade A, number one in prime time flop in gym class. That is where I truly learned about humiliation and embarrassment.

GypsyKaren

There are a few things I want to address in this post. First I was very athletic in high school and college. I was involved with Football, Wrestling and Track in both. I performed at a high competive level in all three so I guess I'm like about half of us. Athletic performance has no influence on our desire to be femme.

Currtetly I coach one of the above sports at a very high level and am still working out ( I'm in my mid 50s). I have a degree in Physical Education and Health Education. I feel so sorry for all of you that had bad experiences in athletics and or Physical Education classes. These activities should provide joy and lifetime fitness lessons not pain and misery. You have been cheated and I wish I'd been you teacher so that would have not happened to you.

I do want to reply to Helen who said:

"If it is of any interest to you Lilith, one of the PE teachers in my school, an ex-Army PTI and super-fit ended up in a wheelchair. I heard about it affter I had left school. He had enlarged his heart with all the exercise etc and he had a heart attack. Same with the guy who invented Jogging, he died in his fifties doing so."

Jim Fixx was the author who wrote a book which popularized jogging, he didn't invent it. Heart disease ran in his family and being physically fit enabled him to live longer than most of the males in his family. I beleive his father died in his 40's from heart disease. Also, Helen, beig physically fit does enlarge your heart to some extent but if heart disease does not run in your family then it won't hurt you. As in the case of Jim Fixx it may keep you alive longer.

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve!
    Dana Fleming