Thread: Pushing The Envelope

Pushing The Envelope

My wife is out of town, so I decide last night would be an excellent opportunity to do a little shopping. Torrid has opened a number of new stand-alone stores in the area, so I decided to check out one of the stores on the other side of town. Arrived around 6:30pm, in drab, the only person in the store was the SA. We greeted each other and she asked if I need help finding anything in particular. I said "no just looking around". I picked out a couple of tops and skirts and asked if I could try them on. The SA opened a fitting room and I began to try things on. The SA checked on me a couple of times to make sure how things were going and if I needed different sizes. I asked her to grab a couple of pairs of jeans to try on with the tops I selected. She brought the jeans and I tried them on. I decided that I really like a white chiffon top with black dots. I asked the SA her opinion, she said she liked it, but prefered it with a black mini skirt. She grabbed it and gave it to me to try on. She was right of course. Next she said you need a pair of heels to complete the look. She asked my size and brought a pair. After slipping on the heels, I felt completely feminine even without makeup or wig.

Now for the pushing of the envelope, I told her that I was going to change back into my male attire. She said you know its dark outside and if you parked near the store, you could wear your new outfit home. After some hesitation and convincing by the SA, I decided that it would probably work. I live in a condo which has an open parking lot and an individual entrance to my unit. I figured that with a little luck and timing I could make it in from the parking lot without being seen. So we packed up my male attire and out the door I went. Drove home , parked, worked up my courage and got out of the car and walked in. What a thrill, driving while dressed, feeling the cool night air on my legs and the sound of my heels on the pavement. I think I made it in without being seen, you never know if the old lady upstairs is peeking out.

Truly a great experience

Great salesperson...you went in "just looking" and got an outfit AND wore it home
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Doesn't it feel great though... driving, getting out of the car, walking, etc... a real high! For me there is nothing like it... then you close the door and it is YES!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Banned Read only
    She sounds like a level headed woman. She knows you'll return for more purchases.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Now there's a gal who knows how to sell and get repeat customers!

... Pictures ... ?

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie, It sounds like she's made a regular customer .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That is a wonderful story. I have had similar experiences with great SA's. I think you should go back and get another outfit when it is just her in the store again. I have my own hook up like that with a woman at the Marshalls fitting rooms. She hooks me up .
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Absolutely fantastic evening!

A pretty good evening i think

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Now that was a fun shopping trip and a quick sneak into the house.
    You will have to go back you know this right?
    Did you get the SA's name? If so ask for her next time.

Crossdresser
    Sounds like an amazing time you had shopping. One on one service with someone truly wonderful. Thanks for sharing your story.

Must have been great. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

that is wicked awesome i wish i had the courage that you have to do that

Aspiring Member
    Now that is something I often think about doing but it hasn't happen yet, going out in drab attire buying a woman's outfit and wear it out of the store and home.
    I would become a regular at that store and may even wear the outfit back in there just to buy something new. What a great confidence builder that sales associate is.

That's a great story and it had to be a great time. Next time, take your wig with you so you'll look better coming home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    How about writing her a nice little note on a thankyou card and delivering it in person with a $$ gift in it and tell her how much you apppreciate her help, acceptance and encouragement and how wonderful it made you feel.

I agree with Deebra about a thank you note, money is nice too but saying thank you to a supportive person is a must! We need all of the friends we can get! Great story and congratulations for taking another step in your journey!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Torrid SAs tend to be awesome like that. Their clothes are a little on the pricey side for what you get, but for me the shopping experience there has never been anything but awesome. I've also had SAs there offer to bring me a pair of heels to make a dress look right, I'm guessing that's probably a technique that's part of their training, but the fact they use it on their male-presenting customers is pretty cool.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I agree - that SA knew her business. Never go there without a debit card...you'll need it!

I have just mentioned I did a similar thing in Honolulu.
    I had pre arranged my exercise though as I had taken a wig with me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jamie, what a terrific story. There are so many posts about Sales Associates that are very helpful. It would be great if any GG's on here that have worked retail could chime in about things from their side of the transaction. And yes I would definitly drop her a Thank You note.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead