Thread: Just Wondering, an unscientific poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i guess i kinda feel the same as you. when i do dress, i like to dress a to z. but when i can't dress, i am just as happy under-dressing or even just knowing
    my toe nails are painted!
    paula

Your poll truly is unscientific when you exclude people such as me, who do not see ourselves as female at all.
    When will posters learn to use inclusive language?
    OK. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Your poll truly is unscientific when you exclude people such as me, who do not see ourselves as female at all.
    OK. Rant over.
    I only use vague language, this includes both exclusive and inclusive language.
    It also includes indecisive and then maybe it doesn't.
    To answer the question....
    I generally dress to complete the theme. ie. woman.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You just need to look at my avatar to see my preference. Of course, like any woman, I don't always wear full makeup just around the house doing chores, but if I go out I certainly do. This is not a fetish for me, it's an expression of who I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Back in my 20's or 30's I'd only occasionally dress, and that would be only a few pieces of clothing. Never knew how to do makeup and didn't own a wig. After I got serious about this in my 50's I learned how to apply makeup over several years and bought a number of wigs. Now I almost never get dressed without going 100% female. And I almost never dress when I'm just going to be around the house....I've got to get out!

Tangerine "So ladies, the question is where do you fit in this spectrum?"

clayfish "When will posters learn to use inclusive language? OK. Rant over."

Sorry but in the Male To Female Crossdressing section this is perfectly acceptable language. Whether or not you consider yourself a lady, you are dressing like one. It's like saying Dude or Guys on the Female To Male section. Put your big girl panties on.
    Sally

Pretty much all of nothing...... if I can't find 6 or 8 hours of free time to get fully enfemme..... which lately has been super rare.... sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

OK. Rant over.
    I believe it's hard for everyone to be inclusive. We (and by we I am referring to all people) all have a bias that our understanding of ourselves and the world is to some extent shared by everyone else.

In this case, I am interpolating the question by assuming Tangerine is seeking to understand where others fall within the spectrum, with an underlying assumption that people who tend to wear one or two items of clothing trend toward the male self identification, and people who go "all the way" trend toward a more female identification.

My view may also be biased.

I am sure there are threads that are seeking to educate all of us on how to be more inclusive. I think transgender awareness across the spectrum comes with experience and information. I have to believe that Tangerine is trying to understand he or she (pronouns are so hard) falls relative to everyone else, either in terms of triangulating him/herself or is attempting to find self acceptance that there are others on either end of the spectrum relative to her/him.

I think we should all attempt to be as inclusive as possible, but I also think humans are biased creatures. I am not sure what the correct approach is toward education, so I don't know if your response is in the right place or voice...I suppose I'm discussing it, right, so that's good?

Tangerine to answer your question...

I wear panties 24/7 and my toenails are usually painted. I wear female trouser socks instead of male dress-socks etc. That's just how I manage the day to day gender-related dissonance which is very, very real.

When I am getting formally dressed up for a night, I can and often go "all the way"! Makeup, perfume and everything in between.

Some nights I am perfectly happy in a cotton pullover or some girlyish shorts and a t-shirt.

Unless it's an extreme case (like on a vacation with other people outside of our immediate family) my body is connected to something physically considered "female". Sometimes it's just underwear, sometimes it's everything I can get my hands on. Just depends on the day and my set and setting.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

OK. Rant over.
    Hon, you may not see yourself as "female at all" but that's not the way the world views you. Maybe, you should make a closer examination of the reflection in the mirror and think deep thoughts about the person at whom you're looking.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tangerine, If I can't dress all the way then it's not worth my time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!