Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being a girl...

Being a girl...

ok, so try and bare with me, and my crazy train of thought on this one please....

We as males, enjoy crossdressing, need to crossdress, feel that we should have been born women, feel more comfortable presenting as women, or whatever...

We are in fem mode, fully dressed, and presenting as a woman, then we decide we need to take a drive somewhere, perhaps to the store for groceries, out for a Sunday drive, or whatever.... do we need to drive badly since we are now women?

Now hold on, before the barrage of " your a sexist", or " that was horrible" rains down on me, it is a valid question. Throughout time, men have long said women were lesser drivers due to a lack of skill. There have also been other things men have noted women as being inferior at, in comparison to men... do we then need to identify these skills, and do them worse in order to completely pass? Im just thinking for thinking.... Love you all MUAH!!!!

Sarah
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

http://sarahanntg.blogspot.com/

Don't need the "driving" analogy.
    I have both female and male personas, they both need to get out and rip it up!
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 09-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.

You don't want to try an out drive this Ol fat girl ,,, Me an Tracy G can thread a neddle with a 50' foot trailer in Platforms an Mini-- NOW ,,, Tell those Macho Alpha Men that one ,,,LOL,,,, OUTTA MY WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

There's an expression, that there's no such thing as a bad question.

Then I read your post.

Really?

Think about it. Aside from the pure sexist nature of your premise, you are a dude wearing a dress and whatever else you choose. The feminine experience, the "passing" or whatever you wish to call it will not be enhanced by feeling as if driving poorly brings you closer to your feminine side.

I think the opposite is actually happening.

The only thing about presenting as a female that will make you drive worse is heels and even that is debatable. If nothing else, a lack of practice in doing so will make you drive poorly. Best you stick with walking in them with an attitude such as this.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Oh my, talk about a low blow. Just let those men try driving with heels on and see how well they do....lol

I guess if you as a man truly believe that, you might then subconsciously try to drive worse when dressed, but that might be a stretch cause my male does not talk to my female, cause he is subjugated to listening to her whenever she wants the floor.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I have to wonder! Perhaps the trouble here began when you said ''I was just thinking''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I LOVE THIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE! I love this forum. I get all the encouragement I need from here. Not to say that i dont want it on a more face to face, but hey, Im working on that. Barbara, you and so many of the other girls give me a confidence I dont think I would normally have. Thank You to all of you....

as to the driving-well friends say i drive like an old man. If they knew i crossdressed, they would say i drive like an old lady... sad, but true.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

I see the ladies pulling out the baseball bats, and pitchforks... let me just make sure you all understand that this was more of a social experiment question, and supposed to be funny... not a stab at women, or men being women, or any derivative in between, just some cute humor. Ladies put down your weapons, and curl up on the couch with me, and discuss

MUAH!!!

Sarah
    "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" - Anna Quindlen

http://sarahanntg.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    You don't want to try an out drive this Ol fat girl ,,, Me an Tracy G can thread a neddle with a 50' foot trailer in Platforms an Mini-- NOW ,,, Tell those Macho Alpha Men that one ,,,LOL,,,, OUTTA MY WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    As if the guys didn't already think I'm wierd, otherwise I'd try that with my Kenworth Monday morning.

Silver Member
    That's a clown question, Bro.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I see nothing sexist about your question, SarahAnn! And, I KNOW FOR A FACT I drive much worse when dressed!

It's PURE HELL trying to drive with a mask on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hmmmmm, so in the essence you will be simulating a woman, and not projecting your own inner feminine self. This point is valid, supported by mechanics of thought within the question. Mimic is just that, contrived, artificial, forced, where exuding fem from within, your true self is BEING!

However said that I was a very experienced and aggressive driver as a male, once I deciphered my plight in deceit of my own, HRT was prescribed. Slowly I drifted into womanhood embracing every ounce of sweet chemistry. Well, Excellent driver I am no more, not even good, gosh, not even fair. My son laugh's at me now, and back then I used to send his senses into oblivion as I was drifting cars for fun (I used to be in the car business)
    Simply, woman's world and chemistry of thought and cognitive functions are worlds apart from male kingdom. Where man sits down in his machine to show the world his skill and manliness, woman thinks of her family, meal to cook, her girlfriends troubles with her boyfriend, dinner again, her hair, how angry her husband makes her feel not giving her enough attention, dinner, Oh wait!!!! she just drifted into left lane and didn't even notice................don't be laughing, happens to me constantly.

Hi,

Well if your refering to myself then youd better learn some of us are far better in lots of ways that men cant do. if this was about bashing or putting us down then why do it ,

Men & women are different in many many ways, so my ? will be why not help each other where we lack then the men should make up that lack , & where men lack then we can make up that lack allso. its really not hard to do.

If you take driveing i drive to day the same as i have over the last 46 years, its not about being a woman or male its about driveing in a way that s aproprate for us as people i see so many with anger so wont to be first dont give a damm for any one else who may be driveing .

Allso remember more men have been driveing for many more years than women though that has changed over the years,

I see others who are very good & curtouse on the roads or behind the wheel.

Yes most people here are male , yet we do have a few who are women like myself & we all come as different. so be carefull you dont lump us all in the same mould.

Ill give you an idear.

I have a friend over in Austraila who has a pretty fast two door holden V 8 moter. & yes i got to drive it .

Now my friend drove it like it was the only car on the road. & i did say a very agro driver here, well my friend is trans & had not given up on the male ego driver thing.

I drove it like our own cars 4x4 s yes a big moter, yet for me it was not a driver contest ego triping hell bent going down the road show off at 100 miles an hour type thing. so for some of us there is a difference in how we do things, any way thats this kid,

Iv driven school bus's & other passinger service seating 40 people, our own two 15 ton trucks , 4x4's ,
    army mogs , many other heavy duty machines , can fly planes , & i know of other women who can as well .

We have those same skills & know what we are about allso.
    We'v been put down for many years because men did not think we had what it took to do what men have done,, Think again . & we'll give you a run for your money .......

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-29-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Hmmm... Well men are worse at financial affairs like household budgets and the like, so should an FtM begin to waste money? If I was an FtM should I begin leaving my clothes on the floor and forgetting my friend's birthdays?

Here's the skinny and you can find the research, the numbers, and so on at this site (click here).

"So Are Women Better Drivers Than Men?

"Many auto insurance industry experts would agree with the theory that men, especially young men, tend to drive more aggressively than women and display their aggression in a direct manner, rather than indirectly. Furthermore, as a rule of thumb, male drivers are more likely than women to break the law, and the male of the species tends to be more of a risk-taker.

"Even so, it's hard to say women are better drivers, although they are statistically safer. Women have just as many accidents as men; however, they tend to be minor fender-benders. Men, on the other hand, tend to do the job properly when they crash, and as a result cost their insurance companies a lot more money.

"So, even though it's a blow to our male egos, we'll have to give this round to women. Sorry fellas."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-Ann View Post
    do we need to drive badly since we are now women?
    This comes under the concept of embracing every single thing we can when we try to configure ourselves to resemble females, not just clothes, but language that includes 'honey, dearie, tee hee, giggle giggle', and over the top body language like the dropped wrist maneuver, trying to wiggle our hips when we walk, changing our voice and vocal patterns into something that we feel differentiates our own voices from that of a 'true female' by enhancing tonal range in general conversation. Do what you feel you must to feel you are the female you want to be. If that includes driving badly, then go ahead, but please don't drive anywhere's near me!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

surely if you consider yourself to be female then you are by what you are saying that women are less skillful drivers than men ( paraphrasing , not my personal opinion) then you are probably a less than skillful driver anyway because as all things are controlled by the mind it dosent know what you are wearing if you change your behaviour when dressed then that is a consious choice to try and blend in , you are changing your behaviour to suit your perceived notion of the female gender , driving for instance because of its complexity is mainly carried out subconsiously , you dont consiously think about what you are doing in every situation , just a thought .

I see where you are going.
    When I am blonde do I have to act dumb?
    Now duck! because here come the rest of the hordes to shout us down.
    This could be a great thread with differing views.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It is my opinion that women are far better drivers than men. There are always exceptions though.
    Having said this, when driving en femme certain things should change about driving style. I don't mean quality of driving (although some men could learn alot from women drivers). As part of the blending/passing/not drawing attention to yourself. For example, the one arm out of the window the other hand on the top of the steering wheel pose is not something you tend to see women do. Not that i do that anyway but you know what i mean.
    Katie Taylor x

No sweetie, I strongly disagree. I cannot say that in order to completely pass as women, we need to drive badly. Actually I've usually been the worst driver when compared to my SO's the last few years and I never equated my bad driving with my womanhood. I'm just really, really distracted.
    XOXO,

Bridget

So what you are saying is that I have to dumb myself down to complete. Thank you for the advice.

Aspiring Member
    I do know when I do go out for a drive as a woman, both hands stay on the wheel, keep my legs together more and I drive more conservatory.

Gold Member
    Danica Patrick says hi!

You know, if you want to intentionally drive bad for whatever reason, go for it. Go ahead and put some lipstick on at the same time too. But please don't do it near anyone and be ready to be pulled over and deal with a officer of the law.

BTW, if you want to know who drives worse, have two children. A boy and a girl. And then see who costs you more in auto insurance when they get their license.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-Ann View Post
    We are in fem mode, fully dressed, and presenting as a woman, then we decide we need to take a drive somewhere, perhaps to the store for groceries, out for a Sunday drive, or whatever.... do we need to drive badly since we are now women?
    Flawed premise. Why would anyone want to emulate the questionable behavior of a small subset of a population?

I can identify with this. Why, just the other night, I went in to the kitchen to get a glass of water, turned on the overhead light, and saw a cockroach (we call them "Palmetto bugs," here in Florida!) on the counter, and promptly jumped on a chair and yelled, "EEEEeeeeeek, there's a cockroach on the counter!!!" My SO came out and smashed the creature with her hand, gave me a disdainful look, and said, "Fer cryin' out loud, MAN UP!!!! ... it's just a bug" (But, I swear, the thing was the size of a small alligator!!!!!)

I hope that your "tongue is in your cheek"! I am a much more careful driver when driving en femme.
    Hugs, Carole