Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your one tip for a newbie

Crossdressing is more enjoyable with a supportive spouse.

Always purchase good bras. Back aches are a pain.
    Last edited by Jenniferpl; 10-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Dress age appropriately. This does not mean that you can't dress sexy or wear younger fashions. It just means that if you're gonna do it, do with style and class.

Keep a good sense of humor.

Diana L

Don't fret to much and Have fun!
    We all worry about being read, being humiliated and or embarrassed, be recognized and a host of others. But the truth is no really cares I have been out to lots of different venues and seldom have had a problem. If there is a problem just leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I like this one but it is hard to do but you're right. friends are important and they help make you feel more comfortable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

look both ways before crossing the street. Get plenty of rest. Don't eat things you don't where they have been.

Live for today, tomorrow may never come. Be yourself. Enjoy life there are no re-rides. Above all do no harm.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    All of the above!!!!

This is all such great advice. I just wish I could have heard all of this 30 years ago.

While we may all love the way Victoria's Secret or runway models look in their clothes always remember to be yourself.
    Dress according to how you feel, not by the images presented in magazines and television. It will make everything more natural for you and make you more confident being who you are.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    look both ways before crossing the street. Get plenty of rest. Don't eat things you don't where they have been.

Live for today, tomorrow may never come. Be yourself. Enjoy life there are no re-rides. Above all do no harm.
    Have to disagree here -- get out and try new things! This may include eating bugs from street vendors in Beijing... Goodness only knows where that thing came from! :-) (Ok, so I only had one real goal being in China...)

But seriously, if you're out en femme, make sure you're eating safe. There is nothing so unlady-like as ralphing in a gutter on a back alley. Watch Kitchen Nightmares if you believe restaurants are safe.

See be the girl. Feel the girl. Be the girl.

1. See her. -- Visualize the look and attitude you want, make it fit who you are as opposed to trying to fit yourself to a mold that isn't you.

2. Feel her -- Allow yourself those emotions. Let yourself be feminine if that is how you feel. Don't run from it or be ashamed of it. If it's who you are, its who you are. Enjoy it.

3. Be her -- When you accomplish #1 and #2...you are locked it...Don't repress it...even behind closed doors...Let yourself be....You'll find the confidence you need to step forward.

There is good advise here , I love it.
    Hi gals

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Get yourself an air brush make up kit, they have concealers that go on very shear and will cover your beard.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

My advice to newbies: don't do things the way I did.

Banned Read only
    Always wear a slip under an unlined dress or skirt. Don't wear pants!

Nice thread. My advice is simple--less is definitely more.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post
    Don't ever forget one of the first rules of a successful relationship...TINY STEPS. A lot like the pink fog, go slow with gaining your partners acceptance and approval. Trying to go too far too fast can overwhelm a loving partner to to point of breaking
    I totally agree.

Think - it took you how long to arrive at this point you've finally reached? Years maybe? You cannot then expect a spouse/SO, or anyone close to you, to get to the same point overnight! You have to give them time, a lot of information and probably space to process what you're telling them.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Take care of your skin, all of it, not just on your face. Sunscreen is cheap, repairing damaged skin is not!
    Sally

Banned Read only
    My advice would be to wear your purse over the shoulder with the straps. If it's a small purse, hold it to your side just under your lower rib. Definatley don't hold long handle pocketbooks by the straps where it 's barely off the ground

Get that walk down in heels. So sad to see other dressers walking on the balls of their feet like its their first time in ladies shoes..

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    All of the above and remember to take care of your SO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliecat View Post
    Get that walk down in heels. So sad to see other dressers walking on the balls of their feet like its their first time in ladies shoes..
    Love my heels! It came easy for me. I started with 3 inch, but I am hoping to steal my bff's 4 inch boots. Practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Beware the Pink Fog! It messes with your normal decision making.
    Guilty as charged. But I have no one to answer to in my life at the moment, so I am taking advantage for now.
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-07-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote button at the bottom right of each post to put all your replys in one post.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Okay, I think I might have one or two to add....

If you buy something that is waterproof make sure that you have the 'thing' that takes it off.

Nail polish - nail polish remover.
    Glue on nails - glue on nail remover.
    Waterproof masquare - waterproof remover...
    Stick on forms - goobegone... works great...

Oh, and always clean up the bathroom...

Renne.....

Never, ever buy anything without trying it on first. (except underwear)
    Your shape is different, and the size numbers don't tell the whole story anyway.
    Major benefits:
    1) You won't have to throw it out because it doesn't fit.
    2) It's fun to try on clothes!
    3) It's fun to ask the salesladies for opinions & assistance!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Smile when you pose for a photo!!!
    "It is a great thing to know our vices." - Cicero

WARNING: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons...you DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.