Thread: Jodi!!

Jodi!!

Just how fantastic was Jodi Fosters speech the other night? Such a heartfelt,emotional, outpouring--and, I think it will be a "moment", that we can all look back on, and say----that counted! Thank you Jodi!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I've always liked her and always will. (I even remember back in the day when she was a young actress on The Courtship of Eddie's Father)

I think I am the only person who thinks that she was just rambling on about nothing. Barely able to string two sentences together. It wasIMHO almost unbearable to listen to but it was such a train wreck you just couldn't turn away. So no. It wasn't fantastic.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    I think I am the only person who thinks that she was just rambling on about nothing.
    No, you're not. I was pretty much falling asleep myself.

Sorry, Vikki, but I too disagree. Jodi's ramblings make Forrest Gump's "run" look purposeful. She is loved enough that she'll be embraced and supported by those close to her and by her fans, but like the Emperorer with no clothes, everyone knows the speech was devoid of substance.

Rhonda

I heard a few complaints so I had to go back and read the transcript. I'd say for an extemporaneous speech it held together pretty. Well, on the whole. She made some allusions to people and circumstances that perhaps didn't have a clear meaning to others and she used some unusual metaphors...like talking stick...but I got her drift. She was receiving a lifetime achievement award (and oh, to look so good after a lifetime of achievement) and used the opportunity to reflect back on her life, acknowledge those dear to her, address criticisms she's received for not coming out in a public manner, and speculated on the career ahead, with the expectation that she'll spend her time communicating with us from behind the camera rather than in front of it.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    I think I am the only person who thinks that she was just rambling on about nothing. Barely able to string two sentences together. It wasIMHO almost unbearable to listen to but it was such a train wreck you just couldn't turn away. So no. It wasn't fantastic.
    Hi Natsha, That pretty much sumes it up perfectly.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well, it wasn't the Gettysburg Address, but, that's not the point--I'm not talking about the content of the speech, but, the meaning of her words. It was pretty well known about her sexual identity, but, to step in front of the whole world, and to let everyone know who she is, takes a bit of nerve. Even with her vast experience, that had to be a little tough to do! She is a very private person, and to do that, was to help all of us. I'm stuggling with who, and when to tell people, as I move forward, and can't imagine how hard that had to be. In front of an audience of millions--yeah, I'll forgive the stream of consciousness ramblings!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by vikki2020 View Post
    Even with her vast experience, that had to be a little tough to do! She is a very private person, and to do that, was to help all of us.
    Really? How's that helping me or you? I'm not a lesbian. are you?

I think the speech meant a lot of different things to different people.
    You would all interpret it differently depending what decade you were born in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I agree. I you want a " Hero " for the broader T spectrum. Lana Wachowski is you gal.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=crHHy...%3DcrHHycz7T_c

Old Jodi. Came out publicly several years ago. So standing up and doing it again isn't quite the achievement it seems.

Cheers

BTW. She can stay your hero if you still want.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Has nothing to do with being a lesbian-- to me, it's about standing up, and saying "this is who I am"! And, yes, that helps me, and everyone here. You know she will be answering questions about this for some time, and that will just advance the conversation, in a positive way. For all of us that color outside the lines!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by vikki2020 View Post
    Has nothing to do with being a lesbian-- to me, it's about standing up, and saying "this is who I am"! And, yes, that helps me, and everyone here. You know she will be answering questions about this for some time, and that will just advance the conversation, in a positive way. For all of us that color outside the lines!
    Sorry, but I disagree that it helped anyone here in any way. IMHO, it was a huge mistake for her to use that platform to bring her sexuality up on the golden globes. Her sexuality and her acting career have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Making a big "proclamation" is old news. It's been done...way overdone.

I didn't watch it all because she seemed to be getting sillier throughout.

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar
    I'm tired of all the Jodi talk. The day after it was all over the media and seemingly the only topic the talking heads wanted to rant about. Let's talk about those fabulous dresses! Didn't Tina Fey look mahvelous?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Renee View Post
    I'm tired of all the Jodi talk. The day after it was all over the media and seemingly the only topic the talking heads wanted to rant about. Let's talk about those fabulous dresses! Didn't Tina Fey look mahvelous?

Tina looked stunning and I loved her dress, in fact I want her dress !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I like much of her work. "Contact" is one of my favorite movies. But I never watch the famous celebrate their fame. They do it so much I'm bored by it all.

KAT

I thought it was wonderful too. Seems like a lot of people didn't get what she was doing. I was thinking that she was possibly killing time while working up her nerve to publicly come out that night and then eventually chickened out, but it still moved me. It probably helps that I've been a fan of hers for many years.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Sorry, but I disagree that it helped anyone here in any way. IMHO, it was a huge mistake for her to use that platform to bring her sexuality up on the golden globes. Her sexuality and her acting career have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Making a big "proclamation" is old news. It's been done...way overdone.
    Really? Using that platform, was the whole point. She had the big microphone, and used it to help others, instead of accepting the accolades. Every "celebrity" that makes that proclamation, influences public opinion, in a way that the "regular person" just can't. Face it--they have a larger voice than us, an I appreciate the effort to move the line. We are still fighting today, for the basic human right to marry the one you love. It will never be overdone, until the playing field gets level. I think you missed the point, that yeah--her sexuality has absolutely nothing to do with her acting career. Or, anyone's career. Or, the type of person they are. When that is universally accepted, then, yes, no need to state anything. But for now-- the fight continues. Maybe you feel she didn't help anyone here today, but, maybe in 10 years, all those Proclamations will add up!

I thought it was beautiful, heartfelt, and charming. She has a courage that I have yet to work up. Her ability to be who she is, and to stand by her unpopular friends ( Mel Gibson ) is nothing less than awe inspiring for me.