Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toe nails

Toe nails

Any good tips on painting them, prepping them, ect...? How many coats do you usually put on? I do two or three, depending on the color and how well it's covering. How long do you wait between coats and do you top coat with clear? What's your favorite color? Right now mine is an irredescent (sp.), light pink. I feel so girly when I paint my toes. I even like the feel of the toe spredder thingys. I always forget that my toes are painted and it surprises me when I first take off my socks. I've almost been busted by my g/fs' kids, coming out of the bathroom from my shower, without socks on.

I assume you are talking about just the polish, and not the whole pedicure thing.

1) if you have polish on, take it off using a cotton pad slightly moist with remover

2) Use a base coat, especially if you are using a red or blue

3) polish, using thin coats fron cuticle to free edge. Do not get polish on cuticles.

4) By the time you get to your 10th toe, you can start again on the first toe, Remember, thin coats. If you are using a professional one-coat polish, you can then go to step 6

5) Put a second coat of polish on.

6) Use a top coat for shine and durability

That should do it for ya
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Woman at Heart! Rikki Elisabeth's Avatar

Have a pedicure!!!

Why go to the hassle. Go to a salon and have a pedicure!!!
    Rikki Elisabeth

Polishing is fun... I get to do it at work!

(graveyard dispatcher, work alone in the office plus everyone knows I am TS)
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

i just got thru polishing my toes the color was mirror shine i like it when th light hits it it just shines like i doo lol

Finally found you guys dawnmcdaniels's Avatar
    danaJ knows toes so listen to her advice. Or you can do like I did and get a set of acrylic forever french put on...No worrys, ever just fantastic french toes always!!!
    [SIZE="6"]47.9623 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot !!![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by louisianapeavy
    i just got thru polishing my toes the color was mirror shine i like it when th light hits it it just shines like i doo lol
    I have the mirror shine too. It's one of my favorites.
    Hail Satin!

This past summer I painted my toes for the fun of it. Had the color on for about three weeks. I kinda realized that there may be more questions than I wanted to answer at the upcoming family outing to the local lake, so I took it all off.
    The results I had, while OK to me looled quite bad as a professional job.
    This past September I decided to get a professional pedicure and have some color put on. WOW! is all I can say about having a pedicure. The salon owner is quite a hoot of a gal and was more than willing to have me as a customer. When I mentioned about a color coat she suggested a clear finish to avoid any questions. I had to agree with her so I had her do that.
    I stopped in to see her this past Dec on a very cold day and when my feet hit the warm water bath in preparation for the treatment I almost "wet" my panties. Ohhhh that felt sooo good.
    I wear two pair of knee high stockings everyday. (Two pair cuts down on the evident sheerness, and doesn't "show off") Because of this I don't have many callouses on my feet.
    She mentioned that my feet were in good shape for a person of my age. (Methusla was a friend of mine)

I paint my toes red all the time, i just love red toes.
    Adrianne.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne
    I paint my toes red all the time, i just love red toes.
    +1
    ... and, the redder, the better!
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Hey girls, I keep my toenails done 24/7/365. My girlfriend (we live together) and I always match! We change color about once a week, each time I take an orange wood stick and gently clean around the nails, and use a buffer to smooth them a little and then start with a base coat of clear. Follow with two coats of color and an good clear gloss top coat. FYI we vacation alot at beaches,if you pick pinks close to your skin tone, people will have to look close to tell your toes are painted. If they are that close they need to know anyway! haha Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

missy-cd

pink

i have pink toes
    missy

I LOVE to paint my toenails! not yet brave enough to have a pdeicure....but the thought of it lingers!!

I love to put the polich on and then to see the results! Very nice. Moom Taz!!

I believe that I can feel the polish on my toes!!!

Love to ya'll....

I love to keep my toes painted. Most of the time it is only during my long weekend. 8 days off. I shower in a gyn like atmosfear (sp) at work so I don't keep them painted when I am working.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Quote Originally Posted by missy-cd
    i have pink toes
    missy
    Me too,

Kymmie

Quote Originally Posted by Shannah
    Any good tips on painting them, prepping them, ect...? How many coats do you usually put on?
    Very nice replies, and it is nice to read what color everyone paints their toes, but - can anyone else answer this member's questions?
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For a nice set of painted toes

1. Soak the feet for about 5 minutes in soapy water.
    2. Whilst the feet are still wet, exfoliate them using an exfoliant for the feet and massage the feet for a few minutes, including the nails.
    3. Rinse the feet in soapy water and dry well.
    4. Using a cutictle knife, lightly scrape over the nails to remove the cuticles that may have grown over the nail, make sure you dip the knife in water so you don't scratch the nail.
    5. Using cuticle nippers, cut away any loose cuticles around the nails. Wipe over the nail with damp cotton wool.
    6. Apply 1 coat of base coat (clear nail polish) polish, avoiding the cuticle areas.
    7. Apply a thin coat of nail polish to each nail. If you miss a bit, wait until it drys until you apply another coat, or it will not dry right.
    8. Apply another thin coat of polish avoiding the cuticle area.
    9. If you have used matt polish (polish that has no shine) now apply a top coat (clear nail polish). If you have used pearl polish (shiny polish) apply a 3rd coat and you are all done.

Hope that helps.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Love to paint my toes

Hi girls
    I keep mine painted 24/7. I love the reds and shiny pinks. Toni and I have the same color on now but I'm going to change her color. I like to paint her nails to. LOL Wilma
    wilma
    me and my "pinkcheeks"

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin
    Hey girls, I keep my toenails done 24/7/365. My girlfriend (we live together) and I always match! We change color about once a week, each time I take an orange wood stick and gently clean around the nails, and use a buffer to smooth them a little and then start with a base coat of clear. Follow with two coats of color and an good clear gloss top coat. FYI we vacation alot at beaches,if you pick pinks close to your skin tone, people will have to look close to tell your toes are painted. If they are that close they need to know anyway! haha Kaitlin
    Probably a good point!
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

Thanks for the tips Dana and Tamara.

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    Hi Ladies, I am new to the forums. I keep my toes painted as much as possible. I like dark colors, deep reds and pretty maroons and browns. I have never had a pedicure, but I am currently searching for a discreet place in the phoenix area to get it done if anyone knows of one.

Erika

Shannah,
    I am sure you will get good advice from everyone, but i think the Queen B with the nails is Miss DanaJ. Hers always look lovely.

Banned Read only
    I alwiz do my toes in about 2 to 3 couts that is with my fav couler blue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back in the spring/summer, Rhonda was out in full bloom. I painted my toenails some raspbery - dark reddish color, and kept them touched up for over a month.

One day, I went to a discount shoe store looking for a pair of strappy heels. I had thigh-highs on w/ my male work shoes (so i could properly 'try on the heels for a good fit'. I mustered around in the ladies shoes area until most people cleared out, picked out a few pair, and sat down to try them on. Someone walked up behind me, and I tried to ignore them - "they won't notice my hose" i thought... hah. then, all of a sudden, I saw my other foot, firmly planted on the floor next to me, in hose and RASPBERRY TOENAIL POLISH!! After a momentary freakout - I decided 'flick-em = my feet - my toes, my thing, etc. I bought 5 pair of strappy sandal heels that day.

Since then, I lean toward a neutral-type polish. I just did my toes & pinky fingers tonight. I've become fond of Petites Sage - it's a neutral color with a slight hint of highlights.

I've found a trick that few people have probably tried - I never seem to get my polish on before it begins to dry, causing it to clump or streak. One night I poured some acetone in a small bowl, placed some nail polish on the bowl rim from the bottle, and kind of mixed the color w/ the acetone. I've found that I can dip more acetone onto the nail, then freely smooth out the polish, the brush strokes, and thin out the clumps until the entire nail glistens with a perfectly smoot flawless surface!! Now, I always mix my polish w/ thinner as I do my nails - they've never loooked better~!

(oh btw - i think the subtle peek of a polished toenail covered in hose is verrrry sexy).

Quote Originally Posted by mallory-is-a-tease
    I alwiz do my toes in about 2 to 3 couts that is with my fav couler blue
    Very sexy, I love wearing toe rings with my nails painted, makes me feel so fem.