Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does CD ever get in the way of your other hobbies or interests?

To tell the truth my crossdressing has improved my social life tremendously. Before I began dressing all the way, which was right after I separated from my wife, I would work, come home, and do a few things, work in my studio or play on the computer or watch tv.....mostly stuff I do alone. Now I still have plenty of time for that but I get out and go to the TG group meetings, (I have joined 2 groups so I have a meeting at least twice a month) I go to girls night out and I have many more friends than I ever had before. So I cannot say it interferes with anything, it enhances my life! It is kind of like I found a life when I embraced being TG.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 12-31-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

If your " hobby is crossingdressing", what else do you need ? Really my main non CD'ing hobbies are old films, politics, & history.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by SandraInHose View Post
    Oh yes. Lately I've been presented with a handful of opportunities to dress.

While enjoying some 'me' time alone at home, I could either dress up in my silky, clingy dress, hose, and heels...

...or I could work out, do yardwork, wash my car, clean out the garage, go to the grocery store, etc. Guess which choice wins out 99% of the time? My wife just thinks I'm lazy or a procrastinator. Nope, just enjoying the nice clothes when I can.
    To me dressing doesn't always mean dressy dressing, I do my chores and shopping etc out and about in relaxed or casual mode. Jeans, sweaters, tops, slacks etc I'm still dressed but in every day mode. Guys don't wear coats and ties and soforth around the house all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Camille15 View Post
    Tonight I find myself with a few hours to dress. I've actually dressed a fair amount recently, and so don't feel the overwhelming urge to do so. Nor do I have any new outfits I want to try on. So a big part of my brain tells me to just skip dressing tonight, and do something else enjoyable, like watch a movie, or work on another hobby. I'm also kind of tired, and so all the work needed to look good doesn't appeal to me right now.

I know I'd really enjoy a movie, or investing in myself in some other way. But regardless, I still feel the urge to dress and blow off everything else, even if other activities would be good for me in other ways. It's like Camille doesn't want to waste any opportunity to come out and play, and it's hard to resist that urge. Anyone else ever face this?

Camille
    Well Camille my working on hobbies fits right in, like cross stiching, crocheting etc. but when doing these things and out door chores painting, repairs and yard work I just dress relaxed girly mode capris, crop/halter tops and such. Get things accomplished and be fem.

My dressing has interferred with just about every aspect of my life. In my younger years I was obsessed with it but since I now underdress just about every day I am to a point that I have always hoped to be at and that is that my clothes are now just clothes. At least my intimate apparel. I now have time to do things that I wasn't able to do just 8 years ago.

Not as much as ice hockey does.......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I guess I don't view crossdressing as a hobby. It is just part of me. My real hobbies, motorsports, photgraphy and cycling, are part of me but not on a fundamental level.

When I am home I dress and conduct the rest of my business at home. when I go out I sometimes change.
    I do go to work in drab.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Have you ever tried climbing a ladder in a mini-kilt and heels to free a cat stuck up a tree?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

There are other hobbies?????????

Well, yes and no... if you take two other activities, for example photography and cycling, you usually don't do both at the same time.. you can combine them, but that changes everything. Maybe its less focus on endurance and less time spent composing pictures. So, you can say the same with CDing...you can do it as its own activity or try to combine it with others and it may work or not... Same goes for the rest of your life... you might not be wise to wear biking shorts to a meeting with the CEO and maybe your photography buddies might not want to see your female version...or maybe you will become the model and loose out on being the photographer...
    Chickie

Platinum Member
    Hi Camille, Yes that's me, my wood working and model trains is almost non existing now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

All the time. Trust me.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Aspiring Member
    There are times when it does but I will run some errands under-dressed as a woman, have gone to the grocery store with panties, pantyhose all-in-one body briefer on with some light makeup and perfume on wearing drab attire. Other times have worn panties, woman shorts and a tank top to mow the grass or work in the garden.

Well, you can only do one thing at a time, not matter what it is. Be it golf, dishes, laundry, whatever. I bet you spend less time dressed than I do playing 18 holes!

You'll reach a balance. Every summer it's just too damn hot to put on a wig! (No central AC up here)
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

I don't have many hobbies, but I like the idea of making a video to see what I look like dolled up and firing off my Mossberg 500 pump shotgun at skeet and milk jugs. Maybe this Spring or Summer I'll try it and hopefully not break a nail or get knocked out of my high heels.

Friend One "Whoah, what was that thing, a bird?"

Friend Two "No man, that was Kalista's wig. It went flying off her when she popped that 2 liter of Pepsi."

Friend One "Oh, I thought it was spastic blonde bird."

Friend Two "Naw. Hey girl, your hair's over by the cooler."

Kalista "Thanks, bro. I gotta start using a headband or something."

~Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

If one is a crossdresser do you need any other hobbies or interests ?
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    So for years when I was hiding, any moment alone where I could dress was coveted. I even obsessed over the next time I could dress. Now that I'm happily unattached, retired, and free to do anything I please, it's no big deal. It shares time with my other hobbies and interests. I do look forward to going out visiting or clubbing with my CD girlfriends though.

For me it's the other way around, my hobbies are mostly social and aggressive so it does a good job of evening out my fem side.

Interesting question...Yes it does. On days when I have the house alone my desire to dress often overrides my desire to hang out in the workshop.

I'm new!
    No, I don't let it get in the way. I just dress how I need to. If I want to dress, and run errands, I do. If I want to dress as a guy and run errands, I do.

Only things that dressing would get in the way of is if something came up that I had to go do, and I was all made up. But, that hasn't been an issue. I'm really good a scheduling my life.