Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Boxes (that we all get put into) -- RANT

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    I really have to wonder about that "Ask Amy" column... her husband is effeminate because... "he doesn't like sports"? So all guys who don't like sports are effeminate? Just because they don't like sports, no other reason cited. Seriously??
    You'll notice that the letter writer is identified as "North Carolina mom"

I grew up in the next state north, and I got called "queer" (as in "gay") and picked on by both adults and children for no more reason than that. I also had it explained to me, in every way possible, that I was an utter failure as a boy, for pretty much the same reasons. For some inexplicable reason, I've never had much interest in moving back there. (Equally inexplicably, I've never seen any value in Masculinity(tm))

I can definitely relate to your rant, I hate how society sees us and wants to place everyone in neat little boxes. Stay strong

Putting people into boxes or labeling them is a natural human habit. We who don,t like to be put into those boxes should make sure we don,t do the same thing to others ourselves.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Rant on sister!!

I wish the only label we had to worry about was the one telling us how to care for that skirt I need cleaned. That's the only one I wish to care about.

Everyone is outside the box. Most people just pretend they aren't. I agree that it's too bad we must be categorized but that's how were made. Some of us are fine with being "abnormal" and some people aren't. I suspect those who struggle with failing to fit in would struggle in any case. Some of us are strong of mind and some aren't.

And honestly, if crossdressing was considered normal would all this be as much fun?

Labels again! Even down to the right way or wrong way to cross dress! The box exists only if you accept that it does, and even then, it is in the mind of the creator.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Asche, that is a first rate rant, I agree with every single point that you make, and might I add that they are made most eloquently. ( hugs ) I'll rate it with top marks. That is all.
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

I think its just a human way trying to fit into society. I kinda came to the conclusion i just don't fit into any given standard. Right from my choice of house, pets and truck even my choice in SO. Generally the more im pushed to conform the worst it will get for the pusher too.

That said, the diffrent titles and there definitions bring up some interesting personal questions. My original goggling into what it is i am or could be raised more questions than answers. Equally trying to answer those questions has helped define my feelings as to who i am. Hence in a strange way whilst i can fit into no std box i have yet to encounter, i at least know what bit of me goes into some boxes :-) But its the combination that make me, me and its the still undecided bits that make life interesting.

As to sports, i hate trying to compete, but some things can be enjoyed just for the taking part. IMHO way to many schools and such push sports competitively way to hard. IMHO life's to be enjoyed more so than won or lost.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Asche
    Better to hide all evidence of non-conformity. Hide your self away.

You can be really creative “hiding” evidence of non-conformity – all you have to do is engage in officially sanctioned activity that cannot be understood by the public. It’s called THE ARTS...