Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tracii's teenage education awareness program.

Way to go Tracii!

Affirmation through boundaries.

You would be fun to go shopping with...

Kate

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Anytime Kate I love shopping!

You handled this in an interesting way Hon but I don't have the patience to teach "TG 101" to kids. My response to the little twerp would probably have been " Up yours!" Not very tactful I know but effective enough.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The reason I reacted to him the way I did was because he thought he could intimidate or shame me in some way by making a childish scene about what I was wearing.
    I stood up to him to show I wasn't afraid of his actions and that I wasn't going to back down.
    Its a psychological thing more than anything.The only harm was to his ego nothing more.
    The technique is to turn the tide of ridicule to his side and make him defend his position which he couldn't do.
    How would I have looked if I turned tail and run out of the store? That would only have made him more embolden to attack others like me/us and I wasn't about to let that happen.
    If more in the trans community would stand their ground and educate rather than be afraid of their own shadow I think we could make some progress.
    Sorry to be so vocal but the trans community means a lot to me.
    oic...a crusader...

Well done Tracii! You sure got a big reaction to that experience. Most of the members don't have either the skills, experience or
    physical ability, think training, that you have had so the best suggestion if the conversation became threatening would be to walk away.
    I know, it would not be the best example for the kids but much safer than to stand one's ground eventhough it's the way to go IF ABLE. Wish I could say you are the example to be emulated but as stated, for most it would be foolhardy.
    Best
    Julie

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G
    If more in the trans community would stand their ground and educate rather than be afraid of their own shadow I think we could make some progress. Sorry to be so vocal but the trans community means a lot to me.
    Teenage education awareness program? You REALLY like to flatter yourself...

Take it from me, this boy’s opinion of your kind hasn’t been modified one iota. Sorry to play devil’s advocate, but the TRUTH means a lot to me...

Tracii, you so rock.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Good job Tracii.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Freddy I never intended my post to be a self flattering thing at all and I'm sorry you read that out of it.
    @ yes it did happen why would I post it if it didn't? Others here post on things that happen when they go out how is this any different?
    I make posts like this in hopes that others that may or have gone thru situations like this that they are not the only ones.
    Maybe I handled it wrong according to some here and thats OK I can accept everyone's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post

Take it from me, this boy’s opinion of your kind hasn’t been modified one iota. Sorry to play devil’s advocate, but the TRUTH means a lot to me...
    Hi Freddy
    I have to disagree with you on this. Yes some people will never change.

We will never really know if Traci's education has worked unless the boy meets her at some time in the future.

I am sure we were all told things in the past we did not believe at the time. Some of these we only realise in the future what we were told was true.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post

I agree 100% with this post.

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Tracii G;3204630]A little Tough Love at WalMart tonight.

I look at him straight in the eyes and give him the 1000 yard stare (google it).

Hi Tracii, I can't believe at my age that I've never herd of that I just googled it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think what Tracii did was excellent! While I will agree it may not have change this boys mind, I'll bet it opened it up a little. I assume he has grown up with no contact with any transgendered person, I hope this let him know that we are people too, and that he needs to be more respectful of everyone's feelings. As he gets older, this may play on him and eventually make him a better person.
    My only worry is that this could have turned bad on Tracii. You never know what this type of kid and his "gang" might do.
    Stephanie