Thread: im dressed between genders and THE TYPICAL MALE NAROWMINDNESS!

Banned Read only

im dressed between genders and THE TYPICAL MALE NAROWMINDNESS!

I had to get cat food, just dawned on me as my GOO GOO kitty, and YES her name is GOO GOO Its past midnight, im dressed between genders and I just went up n got in my car and got cat food. I wanted to go to the Sunoco gas station where all FEMALES WORK, but after midnight, the front door is locked and orders must be taken at the window! there were five thugs standing in line at the window, I SHOULDNT STEROTYPE AT ALL! most people that look like thugs are actually really cool, at least here in Cleveland. I didn't want to stand in line outside anyhow just to order cat food.

so, I just drove a mile further to walgreens, ONLY ALL MALES WORK AT THIS ONE AT NIGHTS! I WAS PISSED, I LOOKED PISSED ALSO. I sill looked like Jeff but just painted toe nails, basic style jeans, hoodie and the nikie comfort flip flops. the males that work at the walgrens were glad just to see me come in, FIND WHAT I NEEDED, PAY AND GET OUT! I KNOW HOW MEN REALLY ARE, PEROID! IDK IF I GAVE THEM THE DIRTY EVE AND INTIMMINATED THEM??? IDK, BUT WHEN I HAVE ANYTHING FRMALE ATTIRE ON ME AT ALL, IM JUST ON GUARD!! I just ASSUME EVREY SINGLE MALE IS JUST AGGRANT AND IGNORANT, BUT IM JUST PROTECTING MY OWN SELF.

Being careful is just being smart! Some times we expect the worse when there really is nothing to get excited about! We can be our own worse enemy!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

And thats why I dont go out in public... yet

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been in that spot a few times with thugs one is nothing to worry about they leave you alone 3 or more keep your eye on them.
    They feel they have to prove something to their buddies.

I agree that being around a group of males might be more dangerous - but you can get just as much disgust, disapproval and narrow mindedness from females, too.

Deedee

I have found that if I go out earlier during the day to quality places, these feelings and situations never come up. Shopping malls, businesses, etc. are filled with decent employed people who will not confront you no matter how they feel. It's the people standing around with nothing to do that are most likely to say something. I don't know who will do something because I have never come across that.

Banned Read only
    it prob is just all in my head. These are places i usually go as jeff anyhow. people are just getting use to the idea and seeing me i suppose.

Punks usually behave more aggressively in a group than they would individually. Mob mentality.
    If you are exhibiting an air of confidence around you they are more apt to leave you alone. They are looking for easy prey. The timid and the not confident.
    Probably one of the most important lessons that my father ever taught me was to "Walk with a purpose." Keep you head up and alert. No one will bother you.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I am still very much closeted but I feel that I would like to come out, because I know that my male relatives would look after me no matter what ? But on the other hand ? What right do I have to put them in that situation. But the thugs do need sorting out ! I will use my heels on their heads and then run for the car.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation To each their own!

But to me, if u can't clearly pass and you're not TS, what's the point?

I can't, so I don't go out alone amongst the Muggles. I find it stressful, dangerous, and POINTLESS!

I LOVE my safe, friendly, accepting closet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    i just needed to get cat food i forgot earlier, it was midnight, so i just went to walgreens instead of that gas station where the door is locked and have to stand in line outside

I have to agree that my closet is so much nicer than the outside world.

Banned Read only
    i dont try to pass when i just want to wear sandals, jeans ans a womans hoodie I dont do the make up wig nor be passable all the time.

Jsunic,
    as I have said before be aware of your surroundings and those around you.
    Be careful not to confront any one stay safe.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsunic_1978 View Post
    ...BUT WHEN I HAVE ANYTHING FRMALE ATTIRE ON ME AT ALL, IM JUST ON GUARD!! I just ASSUME EVREY SINGLE MALE IS JUST AGGRANT AND IGNORANT, BUT IM JUST PROTECTING MY OWN SELF.
    My question would be why go out presenting in a way in which you appear "between genders" when the primary emotional response it triggers for you is for you to automatically assume all males in your vicinity are arrogant and ignorant and about to pounce on your appearance? Where's the enjoyment and freedom in that?

I'm sorry but I don't see your point. Did the guys at Walgreens say or do anything to you that you found offensive? Where did this male "narrow-mindedness" come into play? Just my opinion but, if you always look like you have a chip on your shoulder, people will most likely respond with the same type of attitude towards you.