Thread: kids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My daughters, now 30 and 35, knew I dressed from the time they were in High School (probably even earlier) and simply referred to me as Aunt Barbra. My oldest had a slumber and swimming party when she was in High School and asked if I would dress so there would only be girls present; none of her friends seemed to have a problem with me en femme. Unfortunately I didn’t have a woman’s bathing suit so I couldn’t go swimming.

My youngest made a poor choice when picking a mate and when he abandoned her for someone else she moved back in and subsequently obtained a divorce. She has two daughters, 7 & 8 now, and she did not wish for me to hide from her daughters and I have dressed in their presence. The first couple of times they saw me they asked her why I dressed like a girl and she told them that I liked dressing that way and that seemed to be OK. I think they may like Aunt Barbra better than Pop-Pop as Barbra is softer and more forgiving. In the absence of their father Pop-Pop gets stuck with the disciplinary duties while Barbra spoils them.
    Last edited by Barbra P; 06-19-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Babs

Hi Deanna, its nice to hear from you again.

This is a hard and nasty world sometimes.

When your children’s friends get to hear that there dad wears a dress then it’s probable that two things will happen. They will get bullied and they will start to feel ashamed of their dad.

This is not what you want to hear and I hope I am totally wrong. But I have seen it with my own eyes.

All the best,

Suzy

I think shawnsheila is very wise.
    Last edited by suzy1; 06-19-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Suzy,That may not be the case..A lot depends on how liberal minded your kid's world is.As kids get older,what happens at home has a better chance of staying at home if the entire family is on the same page. Everyone's situation is different.Rogina isn't a bag of clothes in a closet,so acceptance around me is very important. Every household operates differently.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Hi

Yes, I do worry about them being bullied at school if it is ever found out but I have told them that this is something I do, it doesn't harm anyone and that everyone is different. I don't do it when their friends are around. I feel that if I left it till they were much older or 18 as suggested, they would be brain washed by society and not open minded as they are now. But everyone has their own opinions and ways of dealing with what is obviously a sensitive issue for those involved. love de xxx

No family with kids yet, but I'd come out to everybody and make sure the kids would be able to tell at school that keeping gender stereotypes belongs to the dark pages of history against other skin colors or religious beliefs.