Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of you that DON'T shave your legs

I usually shave my legs during the winter months. This year I am way behind schedule. I like to shave everywhere, except the patch. I am very lucky that my wife understands and enjoys it. The only thing is that I hide it from the kids.

Last spring the weather started to get warm and I had just shaved my legs. I was longing for wearing my short pants. We had to run to Wally-mart for some supplies. So I said what the heck, bear my shaven legs! I was wonderful!

Smile have u tried

certain companies who cater to crossdressers make extra thick pantyhose to hide body hair. Of course the best way to hide leg hair is to wear thick black or white stockings but now you can buy extra thick nude pantyhose if your going for that natural silky shaved legs look which i think we all are. I'm glad i don't have this problem now because my girl is cool with me dressing and making semi permanent alterations to my appearance in order to look more like a girl. My hair is long with highlights, my eyebrows are plucked and my whole body is shaved. I would suggest trying to get your wife or girlfriend to accept it or move on to somebody else who will. Don't compromise who you are for anything.

Tights are the way to go.

I wear fleshtone (sometimes called toast) dancer's opaque tights. I prefer Danskin and usually get the high gloss ones. I have dark hair so I usually start with two pair of the tights to cover and use that as a foundation. After that, I'll use any other kind and color. If my top pair is a rather opaque kind, then I'll only wear one pair of tights as a foundation.

Matte Opaque Nude Tights

While sometimes hard to locate matte opaque nude tights work best for me. They don't have the shine so when you wear, say black nylons over them, you don't get the moire effect you'd get with multiple pairs of shiny nylons. I found my pairs at Wal-Mart and Nordstroms.

My better half has given a nod toward shaving my legs and even painting my toenails. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    "My Mother wanted me to find a nice girl..so I became one."

I do a lot of cycling and shave my legs because of that. I shaved them prior to coming out to my wife, and she accepted that I did it for the sport.

Now she doesn't bother. The chest- that's a different matter entirely and I'm sworn never to remove the hair from there. Oh well compromises
    I may be off track with that, but hey... what ya gonna do

[SIZE="1"]"What's the use of two strong legs if you only run away. What's the use two strong arms if you only push and shove. What's the use of two good ears if you cant hear those you love. Tell me which ones are the weak ones, and which ones touch the stars?" Eddi Reader[/SIZE]

lots of love Kelly. X

I find this interesting because my (now adult) son has shaved his legs off and on for years. Probably as long as I can remember. He always has one or more girlfriends and when I asked him about it he said they dont object at all, in fact most of them prefer it. (Before anyone asks, I am confident he is not one of us.)

Proves the point Tamara made.

Now on the other hand, my wife is totally abhorrant which is no surprise to me. He politely tells her to mind her own business.

Maybe it is a generation thing? Our generation (baby boomers) seems to be resistant placing some sort of twisted sexual component to this while the younger ones have it right?

Hmmm. I wonder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Wow! Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for your input!

First, I know that my wife would NEVER go for me shaving my legs. I know this for 2 reasons:

1) Years before I ever told her about being a crossdresser we were talking about an ex-boyfriend of hers. She mentioned that his legs were kind of weird looking to her because his leg hair was strawberry blonde and from 5 feet away you couldn't tell that he had any leg hair at all. That's when she told me that she liked my leg hair, that is was "manly"

2) The night that I came out to her, I told her that in order to force myself to tell her; to not chicken out yet again; that I did something I wouldn't be able to hide from her (I had painted my toenails a beautiful red, btw ). Her first reaction was, "Oh my God. You didn't shave your legs, did you?"

So, shaving's not gonna happen. BUT, it sounds like dancing tights or dark pantyhose (with a "base" pair to help) are viable options. At least until I can get her to go along with TamaraGG's concept of "Ewww, leg hair! That's gross!" LOL. So, I guess a trip to the grocery is in order on the way home, to pick up some consumables and a new pair of L'Eggs.

Thanks again, girls. You are the best.