Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you went out en femme and were assaulted, would you report it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diva!

If you went out en femme and were assaulted, would you report it?

Not that this has happened to me personally while dressed, but I've been thinking recently because when I go out, I dress up as a jogger and am usually out late at night or early morning running around the city or through trails. If something were to happnen to me, I am not sure what I would do. Would reporting an assault for example, potentially out me to the police or would they not even care about that type of thing? Only a few people know about my dressing and I am really in the closet about this which is partly why I am posting about this.

Thanks all.

I'd like to think I would, Victoria. Knowing that there are police members in my area trained to deal with us specifically (GLOW officers) certainly helps..
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Yes I would report it as soon as I possibly could. Then again I feel little to no shame for being a cross dresser so would have no issues with doing so. If the police decided to laugh at me after I just got beat up well I would be more than happy to see them in court once I filed a lawsuit.

I once had a lot of fear and worried about something like that and it is important to decide in advance what you should do if read, insulted, assaulted, propositioned, arrested...

My advice would be to first avoid danger, prepare for it and second let nobody get away with any criminal act. My reasoning is this... criminals take the path of least resistance to get what they desire. If you let people get away with crimes they come back for more and their friends see how easy it is and take up the same attitude and the problem grows quickly...you see it in run down neighborhoods that where once prospering, one bad apple moves in and other riff raff seem to find them and hang out together then the real crimes start. But, it takes one or two citizens to stand up and a few arrests and the neighborhood quickly improves. so...anyway, related to CDing, it is the same. You must be aware what is going on around you. Take down license plate numbers of anyone who follows you and call the police rather than accept any abuse, leave a trail so someone you know can find you if you don't return home on time... The police will not 'out' you, in fact if they do, you can sue them. As a witness or victim, you don't even have to give them your real name. I would put your trust in the police. Keep a change of clothing with you. But, most important, being out in public means you may be discovered by someone you know, so you must be prepared for that. Learn to have no fear, shame guilt and have self confidence. Remember, you deserve respect and the same protection as anyone else, you are doing nothing wrong so be a leader and set the example of what needs to be done.
    Chickie

Silver Member
    Don't go out running late at night. Nothing good happens along empty and dark jogger trails late at night. Mugging and accidents - no one to help. Why risk it?

If you must, run in populated, well lit, "safe" neighborhoods, with someone else, with a cell phone.

Definately call for help if anything happens.

Hi,

My advise is dont put your self in harms way, or go with someone else, would be better, i did running so i know what your saying,

yes you should report it, no ?'s as to why not . Iv been involved with our Police for some time now okay im a bit different does not matter,

I have been involved with people who were abusing others, in one case a guy was abusing a female so i stepped in keeped them apart he thought he'd just walk over me to get to the female it dont work with me i keeped moveing him away . i got Jos to ring for the Police while Jos took her home our home & they took him away then helped the female ,

its not the first time so i do get involved i have other services as back up so yes dont ever be intimindated , dont ever think other wise, i work with others who have been abused & many dont report it , we dont have to take this from any man reguardless of who they are, spos im to involved with people . ( females ) to not do any thing ,

one thing i would do is tell some friend your out running & you ring them when your home at a certain time if you not then they can ring for help so you work out something to suit, plan the rout your takeing so they know were youll be, its just a back up.

...noeleena...

I was, but it was minor, so I didn't report it. Maybe I should have? It was in a "safe place", with police nearby, so you just never know.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

i never told anybody about this because i was very embarrassed, but my second time out i was in a bar and being bothered by a partron.
    i went outside to have a smoke and to get away from him. being a newbie i didn't want a confrontation or to draw attention to myself.
    he came outside and started walking right towards me. stupid me thinking he wanted a light or wanted to apologize, was shocked when
    he punched me right in the head. instinct took over, i hit him once, his face exploded and he fell to the ground. i was scared to death and just wanted
    to get out of there. the last thing i wanted was for the cops to come and create a scene, but there were 2 other people out there and they must have called them. the station was just down the block so they arrived in what seemed liked seconds. the police wanted my ID and i was having visions of my picture in the morning paper. thinking i killed this guy as he hasn't moved a muscle and me covered in his blood, i can not express how humiliated i felt. the guy finally came to as he was put in the ambulance,
    screaming the whole time he wanted to press charges. now i'm having visions of a court trial...omg i was embarrassed and so scared.
    but the cops were great to me and very professional!! they wanted to make sure that i was okay, and wanted to know if i wanted to press charges. i didn't because i was feeling bad for the guy. the police must of gotten the facts from the 2 witnesses. as the one officer said, as far as he was concerned
    justice was served! i was able to get out of there and go home. the next day i checked the paper and police blog and didn't see a thing.
    nothing ever became of it and i have since been back to that bar many times.

i wish this never happened and if i knew what his intentions were, i would of left for sure. but if something like this ever happened again i now feel comfortable and confident
    enough to call the cops.
    paula

If I had a good case I would report it.
    In California, Yes.
    In Mexico, no.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Would you hesitate to report your car as stolen, just because your bag of 'girly stuff' was in the trunk? Or fail to report that your home was burglarized, just because you had skirts hanging in your closet?

Assault is a crime. period, full stop.

It does not matter if the victim is male, female, black, white or purple. Perhaps you might get away from your assailant with minor injuries, but what about the creeps next victim? They might not be so lucky.

And, what if you do kick the creep's a$$ up to his shoulders? Maybe next time, he decides to use lethal force on the next poor soul that crosses his deranged path.

SOAPBOX TIME: By not reporting it, and PROSECUTING the attacker, we give tacit approval of anti-social behavior.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Hi.

i know this is about clothes, does it really matter what you are wearing, ...NO...its about the person no one has the right to maim hurt or kill another yet the fact of life it does happen we have the Police to protect those of us who go about thier normal life why do we or should we have to put up with this kind of thing .

okay i know its quite different over your way companored to here in New Zealand yet we still have a few thugs of cause the bigger cites are far worse, still no reason not to report it,

...noeleena...

Although we may not be able to avoid this entirely, being aware of your surroundings and the area you run in is the key. Of course you would report any assault or attempted assault. Letting it go would just encourage them in the future.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would report any assault on me. Don't know why anyone wouldn't!
    Be whoever you want to be. Screw what others think. It's their loss....

Yes, I would report it..But I have found that your best defense is a good offense.

1. Common Sense -- It something looks sketchy, don't be there. Well-lit areas, public areas, be there.

2. Gal Pals -- The best safety measure there is. Numbers are a deterrent that is 100% percent effective. The more numbers you have, the higher likelihood that an attack on the group will cause a seen and draw attention. A likely attacker HATES ATTENTION.

3. Tactical the area -- Be alert to the surroundings

4. Know your purse, use your purse -- What you have on you is a set of weapons if used right. Car keys, the blunt end of a makeup brush or a bottle of nail polish can be a means for you to escape.

I also carry chemical defense sprays such as tear gas. I've had to use it once, and it was very effective.

5. Confidence -- Move with a purpose. Know where you are going. If you look like you can take care of yourself and/or you can cause a major problem with an attacker, that likely attacker is going to weigh the option to go after somebody else.

I've found that having a confident bearing is a big factor in a club-type situation in deal with unwanted attention, and sometime that includes having the confidence sometimes to not play nice, if you will...be bitchy to someone who's attention who just isn't getting the hint to leave you alone.

Let's ask more relevant questions:

For those who reported an assault, did your report result in any action? Was the assailant arrested? Convicted? Did your report result in any negative consequences for you?

I was hit by a hit-and-run driver while standing still at a traffic signal. I reported it and nothing was ever done despite the fact that I gave the offender's license plate number to the officers. It was apparently too much trouble for them to track down the offender for an offense that would net them only a small fine.

What the officers did do was question me about my actions, asking "Were you on your cell phone when you were hit?", an attempt to trap me into admitting an offense while I was still shaken up by the experience. This taught me a valuable lesson, that the police are not a victim's friends.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gone to live my life
    Hi Victoria,

Great thread. Would I report it? I agree with the majority here, if I were in male mode, I would report. If I was en femme . . . hard call. Not being "out" sort to speak to the world around me I don't think I would ever be in that situation. But say it happened in my home (break-in, assault). I am quite sure I would be able to deal with an attacker with minimum aggression (there are plenty of ways to subdue without causing bodily damage). I agree with Jodie-Lynn on this point, if you can and decide to kick his &%$, then the next person he assaults or decides to vent anger on might not be so lucky. So I would subdue and yes, call the police. Would this mean I would have to out myself? I am hoping that the police would be sensitive to the situation and if not . . . guess I would have to deal at that time.

TeresaCD, you mentioned GLOW officers, this is an interesting concept. What exactly is their responsibility in such situations?

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    We all hope that something like that never happens! I do know that my wife probably worries about that scenario much more than I do. The one thing I agree with her on is if a situation were to arise is we would both try and remove ourselves from the situation and not be confrontational, but that really is in the event where there is the potential threat of violence. I really don't know how to answer this one other than saying, I am both a lady and a gentleman and I would probably have to report it regardless of what I was wearing! If I was dressed and this was to happen I would not be concerned about my own embarrassment of being found out, more so the perps condition after having the snot knocked out of him by a guy in a dress and heels having to explain to the authorities how he picked the wrong girl to victimize. Lol! I would have to defend myself

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I have had a few contacts with police while cross-dressed, and they might care, but they have all been professional. They are for the most part all about stopping crime and helping people; sure, they might have a laugh at the ugly guy in the wig and poorly-chosen women's outfit, but they do their jobs anyway.

It's always important to have a sense of humor in one's work, after all :-)

Edited to add: Yes, I would report any assault, of any kind, immediately.

Aspiring Member
    Would I report it? Probably not, I would however consider calling the paramedics for whoever tried to assault me.
    For me, being a lady ends at the threat of violence.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Sure you should report it, most police have been trained to behave when dealing with our type, don't worry about the report that the press gets and finding it in the morning paper that a man in women's clothing was mugged last night in a local park, John Doe has not responded to our request for an interview.
    If your going out you have to face the fact When it's in the public space, it's not a private thing anymore. If your that worried, do what the rest of us chickens do and stay home.
    Bad guys love to mug people that won't report it.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Definitely not. The ridicule would be far worse than the criminal act.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If I were a victim of any crime, dressed or not, I would report it. Here's my inspiration.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Smartest thing is to keep yourself out of places where this could happen.Late at night on a dark jogging trail is not a safe place to be for anyone.
    Always be vigilant and aware of your surroundings.
    Yes I would report it.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-07-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: comment removed

Hell yes. If I do not report it, the perpetrator gets a free pass to harm someone else and it sends the message that I am not worthy of my rights and protections as a citizen and an individual. My lack of personal courage could endanger someone else. If I have enough courage to be out in public, I should have the courage to report crimes against myself or others. Would you not step forward and report a serious crime, be a witness or help a victim, even though you were cross dressed at the time? Would you let justice not be served or a victim suffer because of your potential embarrassment? Not doing the right thing only because you would be embarrassed is wrong in most cases (I hesitate to say all cases because rarely is any situation binary).

Fear is one of the things that allows bigots, racists, haters and other similar idiots to flourish. Perpetrators often depends on fear, embarrassment, vulnerability and victim blaming as part of their safety net. That safety net needs to be taken away. If you do not stand up for your own rights first, probably no one else will do it for you.

I would report it. The more we sweep these types of actions, attacks, under the rug the more we become victims. We have a right to live our lives in peace.