Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd person references to our female names?

Yes I did notice this when I first went to a CD group. As everyone was getting ready several constantly spoke about their female side in the third person. One said, 'Tonight I'm taking Susie to the this pub.' It puzzled me at first assuming he had a girlfriend. But it was his female persona.

For me there is no differentiation. I use Marie as a feminine name because I like it and I suspect if I'd been born a girl I would have been called Mary, so it almost fits. Also, my given name is actually both female and male with slightly different spellings but I want to get away from it.

It serves a useful purpose on several occasions. For example with GG SO and I are out shopping with me in drab and she finds something she'd like on me, she'd say 'I think this would look great on Devi. Shall I go try it on and see if would suit her ?' (she's somewhat close to my size and can estimate if it would fit). We've done that a couple of times, especially to pick matching outfits - she tried on one her size and one mine, and referred to my femme persona while we chatted about it outside the changing room, and none of the other women around seemed to have figured out what was going on :-)

I sometimes use the third-person to convey to others how I was presenting at the time so that the context is properly understood.

Re: different personalities: my femine personality is somewhat different from my male personality. I consider my "personality" to be a part of the image I am presenting, be it male or female.
    Hugs, Carole

Oh No,There's a third person, I'm confused enough with the two I'm dealing with already! Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmorganashley View Post
    is this something more common with CDs and not with transexuals? .
    Yes, you don't hear it much with transsexuals, even before transition.
    Though prior to transition, when I was moving in that direction, my wife referred to "her" as someone separate from me.
    Now I notice I often refer to myself in the third person in regards to my past, as does my wife. When talking about the past its "him, he"
    Last edited by arbon; 10-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani0948 View Post
    Robin, you're on the right track. Being in the closet creates 2 modes of thinking. When I'm dressed I feel all girly. When I'm in guy mode I want to get dressed.
    Seems we think quite alike Dani, and its a lot about dressing. I just love being a girl. Just never seem to have enough time, or as much as I would like

Hugs, Robin

I'm me 24/7 - but I send my evil older brother out to work so I can be kept in the manner to which I am accustomed
    love

Cat

Timely

Tuesday I was at my MD therapist and I started talking about Miki in the third person and he interrupted me to ask me why - I had a reason, but we both agree the answer was wrong.

So, I am Miki and typing this post in the first person!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Although I do use the third person to refer to myself in male or female mode I don't consider myself to be two entities. Referring to myself in that way is just a convenient way to express ideas to others.

I suspect that TS folk don't do this as much because they have less need. They aren't dancing back and forth across the boundary as I am!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I agree with Eryn, convenience is key in this.

That... and occasionally Abby just likes talking about herself in 3rd person.

I just talk, post, chat normally in both modes. Unless of course, if asked what I want, I might reply "Dalva wants a spanking"

I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

Well, for me I do feel different when dressed than when drab and in conversation with my wife or someone who knows I do refer to each by name to maintain clarity.

Sometimes it gets confusing...almost like Abbot and Costello.... but since that finally came true...

hu.jpg
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !