Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls Jeans....What are they like?

Check out Old Navy. I like the Diva cut the best. Last time I was there I picked up a pair of Diva skinny jeans in size 6 long (boy jean size 31X36) and tried on a pair of Diva boot cut. The skinny jeans are fine on me with the long size but the Long boot cut is borderline too short (I think they would work but they are none too long).

You can go on their website and order jeans in tall sizes (can't be bought it stores) so I've ordered a pair of Diva boot cut size 6 tall and am awaiting their arrival.

They (Old Navy) also have tops and dresses in tall sizes that have a longer waist and longer sleeves.

Also, most of the Old Navy jeans don't have anything on the back pockets to stand out.

The front pockets are smaller. You may need your purse.

The inseam is rather high. .....yeah right? I wonder why that is.

I've always noticed that most women will slip their cell phone into their back pocket. That's because the front pockets aren't really made to hold things. I use my pockets for everything. Keys, chap stick, cell phone.. etc... so in lieu of men carrying a purse, they give us the extra pocket space.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

There are so many styles and fits of femme jeans that it is impossible to generalize about them.

I'd like to try Not My Daughter's Jeans, but their price tag has discouraged me.

I like Gloria Vanderbilt Amandas and Levi's Misses' 505s. The Levi's have a mid-rise waist similar to most men's jeans, but the fit is closer and they have a bit of Spandex to make them more comfy. Wear a belt with them unless you like giving folks a flash of panty when you bend over. The Amandas are higher-waisted (waist at bellybutton level) and can be worn beltless if you wish. I wore a 31/34 in men's 501s and a size 8 Long in either of these fits me perfectly. I wear unembellished versions of these them every day in male mode and prettier versions in female mode.

Both of these jeans have shallow front pockets. I carry my smartphone in one and a single set of keys in the other while in male modes. I carry a purse in both modes for larger items.
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-17-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Kinda like women's jeans but smaller....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Old Navy is a good place to start or go to a thrift shop and try a few to find what works best way cheaper too.

I'm lucky to still fit a 32 inch waist in men's that equates to a size 12 in women's jeans. That's US size 8. Also I have a relatively big and feminine butt so women's jeans fit me better particularly when male jeans were a tighter fit. I would find that while I had a 30 inch waist. I couldn't get men's jeans up high enough. So women's were preferred or I had to put up with a loose fit around the waist. .

You really have to try them on to see; there are women with less curvy figures, and women with very curvy figures, and just as no single size 8 jean will fit all size 8 women, neither will they fit all men. Also, there are the low rise style, which ride VERY low on the hips, which will probably not be comfortable as they will probably not stay up because you don't have the hip/thigh curve that women do.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm a 32waist 30 inseam in guy jeans, and most of my girly jeans are a size 8. I have some 8 long Levi's "prefect waist" jeans that fit and feel fabulous and work great with some 4-5" heels!

Why don't you just go to Walmart or any such store, pick out two or three pairs , and try them on? You can take a cloth or paper tape measurre and measure your men's jeans, then measure the women's jeans in the store. Or simply try them on for fit. There are many styles so pick what looks good on you. I wear women's jeans in male mode when the occasion calls for jeans unless I'm working on the house or the car, then I wear my remaining men's jeans.

Women's jeans usually have smaller pockets than men's jeans but it varies fro style to style and manufacturer to manufacturer. Women's jeans are usually made from a stretch fabric so they cling to your body somewhat.

Hint: Men's 36 is probably a woman's 14. 32 L is probably a "Long".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Girl's jeans have an interesting complication or two. First, a "regular" jean (one that hits a women's waist) assumes that the waist measurement is 10 inches smaller than the hip measurement. Most of us can't do that without corset help. We get saved by the"rise". By buying a lower rise jean it's the hip measurement that counts. So, with my 34inch waist and 38inch hips I generally buy size8 low rise jeans and they fit perfectly!

Talking

Wearing women's skinny jeans are all I have worn for awhile as men sizes for me are hard to find....they don't really make a men's 24/28....in women's it's a size 4. My advice mirrors others in that you really need to try them on (a few pair) to see what works. Remember that to find your size in women's a safe bet is to take your number and subtract 21... That will get you close! Good luck in your hunt!
    Ps my fav is rue21....
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Maybe maybe im super hot womens jeans

a bit more snug.. and most of the time not long enough for 6'3
    but I did get lucky at Old Navy

I wear a mixture of men's and women's skinny jeans :P
    The women's ones feel the same since I always wear skinny jeans anyway xD
    The only pair of women's jeans that I have that are different are because they are like Jeggins or something to that degree. They are really comfy though c: They look and feel like jeans but they just stretch around my leg xP

The variety of responses has pretty much captured all the variations out there. I'm 36" waist and 34" inseam and wear 14 tall jeans. My favorites are from Eddie Bauer. My wife says they are the best looking jeans I have ever worn [in guy mode]. I wear women's jeans exclusively now. LL Bean has a new style I'd like to try too.

I don't wear jeans these days, but I've bought a couple of pairs of women’s technical pants, and some shorts. The fit tends to be closer, narrower in the leg, more form fitted around the butt. Some may have issues with room for the obvious differences from a woman. Recently, I've found that a pair of size 14 pants fits me better than a 36 mens. 34s are almost always too small, and the 36s often require a belt. On the other hand, I picked up a pair of mens 36 2 days ago that would not have fitted better if I'd had them tailored! They are a pair of pants designed for casual cycling around town, they are slimmer in the leg, and closer fitted around the butt, so they fit something like the ladies usually do....
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I've been wearing Girl jeans forever and frankly I don't find them to be any different that guy jeans.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Mmmmmm jeans with heels!

Has anyone tried making the pockets larger? I'm thinking girl jeans might actually be a sensible option for me in male mode too as I can never find any men's jeans that seem to fit.

Girls jeans are THE most comfortable jeans I have worn in my life! Im a 34-35/30 in men's and a 14 in women's.The feel of soft cotton and spandex can't be beat. Try Levis 525 n 505 they look unisex no one will be able to tell the difference.

For me, personally, women's jeans fit me a lot better than men's jeans. I'm not sure why...

The fabric in women's jeans is often a lot smoother and lighter. And the smaller pockets are because we're supposed to carry all of our stuff in our purse... There should be no "lumps" to spoil our figure...

I haven't had a pair of men's jeans in more than 10 years. Some of mine do have a little stitching on the back pockets. Only one person has ever commented.
    Not too long ago I was in line at Taco Bell. A young lady went thru the line a couple people behind me. After she paid she came over to me and asked "Did you get your jeans at Dress Barn?" I told her "Well, yea, I did, why, how did you know?" She spun around pointed at the stitching on her back pocket and said "Cause I have the same jeans!" We both laughed.
    Stephanie

They are like mens jeans, only cuter and better fitting.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !