Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats or Dogs

I'm a dog person and always have been.

Like cats but Love dogs.

Aspiring Member
    Just remember - dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Ineke

I prefer dogs but I don't dislike cats, I even feed the strays from the neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Ineke Vashon View Post
    Just remember - dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Ineke
    lol very true
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I love them both, we have two dogs now one large and one small. A few years back we had three cats and they were great but the wife allergies got to bad. I really don't prefer one over the other.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Neither, I have Jack Russells that refuse to acknowlege that they are not human.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

must love dogs!

Dogs here, large dogs.

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Being a manly man Dogs !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Litttle Sissy Stevie, Sad but true. In 2008, my three cored cat, that had bright white patches, was lost to coyotes a day before i was going to get my own apartment, and keep her inside. They got two of my housemates kitties too.

Love both. Have 2 dogs, 1 inside cat, 2 outside barn cats. And I totally agree with Ineke....cats certainly have staff...lol

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I've always preferred cats to dogs. One reason is exemplified by our current cat: when a cat loves you, you really know it.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I have 4 dogs of my own and we are fostering a rescue,so we have 5 dogs in the house. We used to have cats also, Until they got so old and senile they quit using the litter box. That was the last of the cats.

Recently moved to mid state Illinois; still travel a little
    Ladies,

Tally my vote for cats.....I have always had a cat in my life. when growing up at home ,father did not want a dog...too much trouble and at times smelly. Cats on the other hand are largely self sufficient...provide them the litter box, show them whaere it s at and they will take care of the rest.....but...one must keep the box clean and fresh smelling or kitty will seek alternative locations. My forst cat lived to be 22 years old; my most recent friend was 18+ years old.....I miss their compansionship...most dogs will accept almost everyone as their friend, while a cat, friend ship unst be earned and once earned will last a lifetime.

These are just my feelings.....I do not presently have a cat now...my friend passed away last year at this time...I miss her...perhaps I am still grieving. I have recently relocated to the mid west....will I ever have a pet cat again.....not sure at this time in my life....maybe

Cheers,
    Roberta R.

Dogs, cant stand cats.

I like just about anything with fur, but I'm solidly a dog person. I've never gone more than a couple of months without a dog or two in the house. All my dogs since I graduated from high school have been retriever mixes of some kind; I like the medium-large breeds and their intelligent though sometimes goofy personalities. I prefer to rescue pets from the local shelter, although there have been some exceptions.

I like cats just fine and would probably have some as well, but I'm fiercely allergic to them and can't spend more than a few minutes in a house where they live. I did have a friend a few years ago whose two Siamese cats didn't seem to make my eyes and nose water, so maybe there is hope for me yet.

I've also had a variety of small rodents over the years -- mice, rats, guinea pigs. I just lost a wonderful, lovable rat a couple of months ago and will probably be filling that cage again soon. (I'm aware many people have a "yuck" reaction to these animals, so I have to know you pretty well before I'll introduce you to my littlest friends. But they're really very cute, intelligent and fascinating.)

- Diane

Have gone the whole nine yards from fish to finches to breeding Boxers for conformation and obedience and finally to 13 feral cats. But can't leave this thread
    without a strong comment: There are about 55 million wild (feral) cats in the U.S.. Caused mainly by not neutering kittens in the first place. Sickening seeing boxes of kittens being dropped off in vacant lots to starve to death or lunch for coyotes. PLUS letting un-neutered toms to wander at night PLUS letting that loveable cat out to do their business and wander off to add to the feral population or, based on the experts, kill millions - really- of wild birds! Have a good friend ER nurse who spends 4 days a week catching, caging for months before finding homes for ferals - she's a saint! There are new shelters springing up devoted to doing what my nurse friend does but it hardly solves the serious, ugly problem making people aware.
    Have been the Master and the Servant to both
    Julie

I've had them both. While I was raising my family we had dogs. Not the macho hunting dogs but a couple little lap dogs. The male was a lahsa shih tzu mix, and the female was a shih tzu. Both dogs eventually had to be put down, the male first then the female a few years later. Then came the cats, both felmale tabbys. All the pets are gone now and I'm an empty nester and I think I'll stay that way.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I love cats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

have always been a dog person, medium and rescued, kind of like being here, lab mixes, like the intelligence and goofy personality and willingness to seek your affection, but the best attribute of any pet would be its ability to not judge you by the clothes you wear, they're just glad your home.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

they're always secretly judging you...

with their silent eyes!

beagles never judge...................just want to know when meal time is.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I prefer cats....my wife and daughter prefer dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanine View Post
    beagles never judge...................just want to know when meal time is.
    ha!

i had a beagle and she was just the biggest food hound!

all she ever wanted to do was eat!

esp. meat!

I like them both, but cats are easier and cheaper to take care of so... we have a cat.