Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming out to your ex

Coming out to your ex

Would you tell your ex gf, that you are a crossdresser? or if you did tell then what was her reaction?

I assume we have nothing to lose right.

Aspiring Member
    I think it really depends on how you still get along with the person. Some would be ok with it and others would try to get it on national radio so the whole world would know. Maybe it depends how far "out" you are...

You have no reason to tell her and you could have a lot to lose. Don't do it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I believe once a person earns the title of "ex" he/she gets to keep it. Therefore, an ex is not privileged to any personal or intimate information.

Not unless I had a continuing and cordial relationship of some kind.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeArel View Post
    I believe once a person earns the title of "ex" he/she gets to keep it. Therefore, an ex is not privileged to any personal or intimate information.
    This! They are an Ex for a reason.

What purpose would that serve for anything Hon?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

NO, don't bring it up unless you're ready for her to shout it to the world form the highest mountain.

This is a really bad idea.

I guess it depends on your relationship with your ex. Once the cat is out of the bag it's not going back in!

She's EX. Why bother telling her? She has no need to know. Plus, it could back fire on you when you meet someone knew, she might share your secret before your ready for the new girl to know.

YMMV
    why do you ask?
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

I agree with Linda Woodworth......it's a really bad idea.

Told ex-wife about a year ago and showed her pictures. She was very accepting and supportive. However, you should use caution in deciding to do this. Your results could be the same, but they could also be the exact opposite or anything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by sara.s View Post
    Would you tell your ex gf, that you are a crossdresser? or if you did tell then what was her reaction?

I assume we have nothing to lose right.
    And NOTHING to gain !!!
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Coming out to an ex, you have everything to lose, your ex is the one that gains, by humiliating you.

Just, think, about ,it!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You would know your GF better than any of us, but personally I would do it if I was friends with her and sometimes it's just nice to tell people to get it off your chest. If you think she won't tell anyone if it's important to you then go for it. And is it worth the risk?

MY EX KNEW I LIKED TO WEAR HER PANTIES, SHE NEVER CARED oops caps sorry.....if i told her now all she would say is dont let our son know.....and truthfully i dont want him to know eithers...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My second ex wife left on her own and knows she hurt me deeply by doing so.
    No love lost between us and she knows I could care less if she gets eaten by a shark.We do speak on FB every now and then.
    I don't hate her just hate that she walked out and still won't tell me why.I actually know why but would love for her to tell me herself.
    I came out to her on FB maybe a year ago and she was fine with it.
    Actually thought it was cool,fun and kind of kinky and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lisagurl View Post
    MY EX KNEW I LIKED TO WEAR HER PANTIES, SHE NEVER CARED oops caps sorry.....if i told her now all she would say is dont let our son know.....and truthfully i dont want him to know eithers...
    When I was still trying to be a man, I never told her that I was born the wrong gender, but I think she knew. While on the bed one night, nude, she took off her thong and slipped it onto my thighs, maybe it was an experiment for her or something, but the inside of me was screaming at me to push her hands away but the urge to let her do it was too strong, by the reaction on my face she probably guessed I liked it more than she thought I would. So if I told her she'd be cool with it. She wouldn't care, really lol.

I can't for the life of me see why you would do this. To me, you have nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

Gold Member
    Telling your X girl fiend; You might as well put a full page add in the newspaper.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    i always answer this kind of question with the same question: Why tell anyone (other than your spouse)? Are you telling for you or for them? There certainly can be no reason an ex-girl friend needs to know.

My first girlfriend from high school, over 40 years ago, is one of my best friends. She's known for about 15 years, and is very accepting. Her daughter has a TG friend and I was able to give her some advice to pass along to her daughter. 'Take him shopping, he'll love you for it!'. The daughter did, and he did.

I am on good terms with all my ex-girlfriends; never had an acrimonious breakup, so I wouldn't be worried that one of them would out me for revenge, but I don't think any of the others need to know. Although if I were planning to make it public knowledge I'm sure they would be supportive.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I have to agree with a lot of others here on this one....she is an ex for a reason and if you are not ready to be completely out of the closet regarding everyone whom you know, then you have a lot to loose. That being said, only you know the relationship you have with your ex so only you know if it would be the right thing to do.

A few things. The first time I went out dressed was with her when I wasn't dating her. I told her it was just for fun. 6 months later i went to her house dressed, she freaked out as we were dating then. I told her it was for fun again but she didn't accept it.

We are still good friends, we talk every day and the reason for breakup was mutual and for other reasons (different priorities in life). she wouldn't out me ever! she knows I like to cross-dress but just know the extent of that.

since I speak to her every day, it just is easy to at least be honest now. that's why I am asking.