Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The one thing you want your SO to know about your CDing is...

Thank you OP for starting this thread and many thanks to those of you who are replying. The posts are heartwarming to read.
    Susan GG

Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    That I am the same person she loves no matter what type of clothing I am wearing.
    This!!! While she knows I dress it causes her anxiety sometimes because she worries I will become interested in men or uncontrollably transform into a full-time girl. I blame poor media representation for unfairly coloring her views...but that's a different thread.

That her acceptance of me means more to me than I could ever possibly communicate to her! Her gentle good humor and nonchalance about me is gold.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mssusan View Post
    Thank you OP for starting this thread and many thanks to those of you who are replying. The posts are heartwarming to read.
    You're welcome. I too read them and feel great comfort from the fact that my worries are similar to other people. It makes me feel connected to people.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How wonderful it is!

That said, I have to maintain a little perspective. When I was preparing for my Pinkfest adventure in October I did a little navigating of the pinkest of fogs. Part of that was several trips to the salon. I wanted to get my nails in shape so that when I would be in femme mode for a full week I'd be sporting my very first nice manicure that I could wear for more than just a few hours. That meant CND Shellac in a nice pink color on nails that I grew out for eight weeks. Of course, I arranged to be in full femme mode for those salon outings.

Oh, back to that perspective thing. My manicurist was/is a lovely young lady and took me under her wing (can I say it like that when I'm almost twice her age?) instantly. She had questions and I was more than willing to answer them. One thing she asked me was whether I was happier as a man or a woman. I thought about that for a few moments and then I told her this. For me, that's not really a valid question. Why not? Because opportunities to dress come to me very infrequently. When I do, it's like an escape. I don't have to deal with all the harsh realities of life when dressed because I am in a de facto vacation mode. I could unequivocally state that I am a nicer and more open person when dressed. I could also say that, yes, I was happier as a woman but that that had to be tempered with the truth that it was just temporary thing.
    Last edited by valerieg; 12-13-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: missing word

It kind of feels like my SO as already knows what there is about me. I don't know what I need her to know that she already doesn't (she can really see right through me most of the time, she is the one helping me figure this crap out). The thing is, my SO is more than smart enough to understand most of it, and she does, but even when you in know something, that doesn't take away the fact that you still need to process and be okay with it.

Ps, I apologize for the poor grammar and excessive use of commas here.