Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glasses

Glasses

I would love to get a stylish pair of glasses in my prescription. Have any of you ladie's done this ? Im thinking lens crafters or something like that.

Thanks Kim

Got laser surgery so I could go glassesless.

I bought a pair online somewhere ... can't remember where exactly. Anyway, I just got my prescription info from my eyedoctor. They were pretty inexpensive that way, but the drawback is that you can't try 'em on, LensCrafters sounds like a good bet, but when I went there they seemed to be too expensive for me. At any rate ... I love having them in my prescription. I used to use contacts when I dressed, but they were such a pain.

Southern Minnesota

Glasses

I too have been thinking about a pair of glasses. There are on-line sites you can order from if you know your prescription.

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar

go to lens crafters

[SIZE="3"]i got mine at lens crafters at the same time i got my regular set.they are not going to say anything trust me.you are spending your money and they are like every other business,money talks.so get what you want and enjoy them if they do say anything take your script and go somewhere else..just do it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

If you are a AAA member, you will get a 30% discount on glasses at lenscrafter....You might want to check that out...

Hugs Misty

Thats another option Iv'e been looking into. I just find women in glasses to be very sexy
    Kim

Thanks for the info girls, you are right- I should just do it! Now I will

I have ordered 3 pairs from this site, was happy with all of them, takes a few weeks to get them, but they are inexspensive

http://optical4less.com/
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=4]Jenney Love[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have lost 120lbs and now I am free to be me!

Thank you all, Jenney, excellent site!

http://www.eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com/
    here's another good place. Even bifocals for $50.

This goes back quite a few years, but I found an optometrist who'd advertized in a tg oriented magazine. I bought femme glasses from him twice in guy mode. He picked the frames both times, I had reservatiions about his choices, but both looked great in femme mode. Got a lot of compliments.

Aside from a history lesson , the point is, maybe you can call around to individual practioners, and see whether they'd be okay with this. I think it would be more comfortable without a lot of others around. They might be a bit more expensive, though.

Mitzi

We must be lucky in the UK because the frames over here are very nearly unisex, my wife and i have virtually identical frames from our local optician.
    Luv Ya! :be:

Quote Originally Posted by Gale R
    We must be lucky in the UK because the frames over here are very nearly unisex, my wife and i have virtually identical frames from our local optician.
    You don't have to live in the UK to get unisex frames. I got mine at Walmart. They look good with my feme clothes and look masculine enough when dressed in drab

Aspiring Member
    I know i have to get my glasses changed this summer so going to get one pair for guy mode, and one pair femme.

Was roaming around the mall the other week, ( in drab ) and was looking in an eye glass place.

Was looking at glasses obviously with out a bridge, and the sales girl asked if she could help. The glasses i was looking at were neutual, to an extent, so playing coy, asked her if they were femme or male glasses.
    Without a hesitation she said they could be worn by either, however some of the more femme glasses would be a bit different on the temples that go over the ears.
    Where I get my eyes checked, they do their own dispensing, but going to ask the eye doctor for a copy of the prescription to carry with me when i am away, in event of breakage. ( which is a bit of a tale LOL)

While I do not want real femme frames, i do want some that I can be comfortable in wether i wear them femme or in guy mode

Denise

I wear contacts and they allow me to change my eye color, this in turn allows me to contrast my eye shadow and outfit. My eye doctor suggested a storebought pair for reading. I got some sexy reading bifocals and can mix and match a lot of different ways. Don't know if this would work for you; would kind of depend on your precsription.

While as I said in another post I never wear my glasses as Jodi (other then to drive), however I could wear mine as they are uni-sexed and I have seen gg's with the same glasses on.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

I did, but my wife wasn't too happy about it.

DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynW
    http://www.eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com/
    here's another good place. Even bifocals for $50.
    I have bought my drag queen style eyeglasses here. They give Dame Edna a run for her money and are probably quite cheaper. I am wearing them in in picture with Hedda Lettuce on my website, http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999
    "It is better to be looked over than to be overlooked." Mae West

http://360.yahoo.com/ritaknight1999

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritaknight1999/

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    I got the thick rimmed small frame plastics (or something like that with nosepads because I have a small nose), pejoratively known as "emo-glasses". They're unisex, more or less, just like emos! lol

Been there, done that!
    Yesterday I had an eye exam and ordered 2 pair of glasses. One pair for everyday, and one pair for fun, something a little more feminine. that's exactly what I said to the girl that was helping me . She never missed a beat and helped me find what I wanted! Thanx!!!

Walmart

When I needed a new pair of glasses, the wife of a Tri-Ess friend worked at Walmart's optical department. So I arranged to meet her there while she was working and we picked out a pair. In order to make sure everything looked right, I was dressed - turtle neck and mid-calf skirt. After we selected the pair, her husband came by (drab) and we chatted for about 1/2 an hour as we waited for her to get off of work to go to dinner. Her co-worker had no clue! We had a short dinner though since his motorcycle didn't start and we got worried why he didn't show up.

If you feel comfortable going out, there is no reason not to get glasses that work well with your wig, makeup, etc.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Thanks again for all of the ideas,and encouragment

Smile I agree with Lenscrafters

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth nicole
    [SIZE="3"]i got mine at lens crafters at the same time i got my regular set.they are not going to say anything trust me.you are spending your money and they are like every other business,money talks.so get what you want and enjoy them if they do say anything take your script and go somewhere else..just do it[/SIZE]
    Hi,
    I got a unisex pair of wirerims last year, because I couldn't afford two pair. This year I got two pair, one for work in guy mode and a feminine pair for clubs. I went in guy mode to get the eye exam and then picked out some frames, with the help of the optician. I was discrete, but told them what I wanted and they were very professional and made me feel comfortable. However, when I went to pick them up, en femme, they kept referring to "his" glasses and "him", but not in a nasty way... I guess they were not used to having a CD customer. All in all, a good experience. By the way, some insurance plans cover at least one pair, and sometimes the opticians will give you a multi pair discount too....

Hugs,
    Joanie

Smarter than I look Jenny Warren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mn.Marilyn
    I too have been thinking about a pair of glasses. There are on-line sites you can order from if you know your prescription.
    Knowing your perscription is not even half of the equation.

Your glasses have to FIT you.

The width of the bridge, the length of the arms etc will be different on everyone.

Your optician checks that when looking forward you are looking through the centre of the lens. The arms neeed to be the correct length to fit behind your ears correctly. Do you have a round face or a thin face? How wide is your nose?

I went to the opticians derssed and they gave me advice on which styles best suited me, and then ensured that the ones I chose fitted me correctly. (There was no extra charge for supplying glasses to a crossdresser)

Really, like every other aspect of crossdressing, if has to be done correctly if you want to pass. Ill fitting glasses will draw attention and scrunity to you.

Jenny
    Some days are a total waste of make-up

www.womaninside.me.uk