Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife wants to help me dress

Wife wants to help me dress

My wife and I are going out of town this weekend for a little get-away giving me a couple evenings of "Eva" time. She will help me with my make-up, nails and getting my hair (wig) to look its best. She has asked in the past if she could help me get dressed. I'm not sure how I feel about that? What do y'all think?

Thanks,

Eva D.

P.S. It's wonderful that she is so supportive! I lover her so much!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    What do you see as the negatives?

Wow, a supportive wife? I can't see any negatives in that, honestly. I could conjure up some detective novel conspiracies if you really want me to, but I'd say take the ball and run with it.

Oops! Football metaphors again. Oh well. Enjoy!
    ~Linebacker Melissa

absolutely and positively allow her the opportunity to help you. She made a great offer and her help will boost your confidence on the nights out.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Eva, that sounds wonderful! I think it's terrific that she's so supportive. You're the envy of many here, I'd guess. Since she's expressed a desire to help you femme it up, I can't imagine a downside.

So will it be just you two enjoying each other's company in private, or do you plan on venturing out? In the latter case, I'm certain her assistance could prove invaluable... and enjoy your weekend, wherever it may take you!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I learn new things when my wife helps me....every time!
    It's the kind of advisement that I love to get....

Seriously??? You have to ask this group such a question? Is the Pope Catholic? Does the sun rise and set every day?

You darn well know the answer, Eva... Unless you fear that someday your wife might use this against you, I can only conclude that you are having some fun at our expense here, and are messing with our minds...

I cannot see a negative to this at all. My gf is pretty supportive and definitely gives me feedback (positive and negative) which I love. She hasnt actually helped me but that is more me than her. She knows I am a "I will get this done I dont need your help" kind of person so she leaves me be. If I ever asked for help I know she would be right there.

This is only a guess as I do not know anything about your story but if dressing has been a fairly private affair for you (even with a supportive wife) I can see how having help offer could make you feel unsure about the situation. Only advice I can give is to try and figure out why you feel unsure about it then talk to your wife. Maybe you just are not ready to share that part of the experience yet.

If your wife shows interest in your activities just give her all the assistance she needs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    How wonderful of your wife. Good for you two. I'd say go for it. But make sure you are relaxed about it. As in, don't get touchy if she suggests you do something different than you are used to.

Enjoy ! Your wife is one special lady !

That's the best part Hon. Need I say more?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Eva - you're not sure how you feel about... and what do we think??

It's great that she's supportive and offering to get involved, but if you're not sure how you feel about it, is there something else giving you cause for concern or uncertainty that you're not sharing with us? If there isn't, then I see no issues - but if you have uncertainties, then what are they??

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I can understand why you might feel a bit hesitant about your wife helping you get "dressed". This has likely been a "private" thing. In this case, I would suggest that you do what you can to overcome any shyness and use this opportunity to please your wife (there is no down side to that) and maybe learn more about the "art" of looking land acting like a woman.

Have fun!
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    I read some of your previous posts. She appears to be truly supportive. If it is her decision to participate I would allow her to assist you, IF you are willing. Your apprehension may be nothing more than fearing the unknown. If she shops for you already I would think she is past being turned off my your cross dressing. Unlike some other women who have express outright rejection and revulsion for their cross dressing spouses, I do not think she will be anything but helpful. Women provide helpful hints and suggestions all the time. Have fun! Remember also to give her on a separate getaway 100% boy time.

It's wonderful to have a supporting and helpful wife. My guess is that she would like to make you appear a little more natural and passable than you my be accustomed too.

Advice: Give into her approach without questioning her motivation. It may well not be the look you are used too but I'll bet you will not be clocked as a crossdresser nearly as much as if you had done it all yourself.

Have fun, give her creation time to settle in on you for awhile and then suggest some small changes on your second outing if you feel you must.

My wife knew I dressed but disapproved and wanted no participation whatsoever' so if your wife is willing to help my advise is take advantage of all the help she can offer.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

You probably have read numerous accounts where a wife/SO/girlfriend is repulsed by the mere thought of crossdressing, and are properly thankful that your story is not among them. We celebrate stories like yours and wish there were more.

Knowing that the common response is to *NOT* be helpful, I believe you should go out of your way to demonstrate in powerful words and great deeds, your appreciation for her acceptance. Be subtle but be certain that she is aware of a cause and effect relationship.

Best wishes
    MsVal

What a Gem you have, I would sure enjoy that.

Please don't shut her out. Yes it has been your thing.
    However your wife loves you and wants to share moments and help you. Just take it at her pace, and you will enjoy many beautiful moments
    Life is too short, take life less seriously

Last week my wife told me that she wanted to do my makeup the next time I dressed. What was I to say? I had a great time. She said that I have a tendency to use a little too much eye shadow. I told her that I can't help it if I'm a ****ty looking lesbian. It doesn't get any better than a supportive wife!
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Quote Originally Posted by evadan View Post
    My wife and I are going out of town this weekend for a little get-away giving me a couple evenings of "Eva" time. She will help me with my make-up, nails and getting my hair (wig) to look its best. She has asked in the past if she could help me get dressed. I'm not sure how I feel about that? What do y'all think?
    Um.. You have a gift there.

Your partner supports you! Let her! If she likes palling around with the Girl you then go for it!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

What a wonderful situation you have there. You're lucky to have such a supportive wife. Make her happy by allowing her to help you. I'm sure that she'll teach you how to do things better and it'll draw you closer as a couple.

Make sure to tell her how much you love her and by all means do something special for even if it's just a card or even a hand written note.

Let her do it. It involves her and increases her acceptance. Have fun.

Go for it! My wife helps me pick out clothes when we go shopping at the thrift stores and clearance racks. I know you have a lot of jealous members of this forum right now. Enjoy yourself! Just be glad you have been blessed to have a supporting wife.