Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixed feelings about posting

Hello Susan,
    yes there maybe a small element in making some feel a little depressed in their own situation as far as acceptance is concerned but much more to gain from you posting positive outcomes as it is mentioned in other replies it shows that there is a happy way forward if you are sensible and caring to sort it out together respecting each others thoughts and feeling , giving hope to the CDers and showing the wife's/so that there are so many others who are in the same situation who will benefit from your positive pots as in the long run it is all about making people feel more relaxed about CD/TG issues , they are not going to just go away so all these little steps that are made hopefully helps in a positive way .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Yes please, post anything, everything. This is my only light in a small dark place. Thanks to all for your input and encouragement. Acceptance is a warm place.
    Love KristyE

I think Susan is teasing us .

I'm no trying to be a tease, I honestly wanted to know how others felt when they would read about a Wife who not only fully accepts me, but also finds it fun. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a full time dresser, and I would doubt she would be thrilled if I were. Luckily I don't want to be a full time "girl". Most of the time Susan comes out at night once or twice a week, (intimacy has been amazing BTW, if you get my drift). Last night we didn't have a lot of time, but she picked out some lingerie, threw some makeup on me, (though she was not happy with the results because she didn't have the time she wanted), and then we shared a hot night of...well fun...We then laid in bed and I told her about the times I was almost caught growing up, (another thread for another day). It was a fantastic night!

I will try to not hold back on my posting in the future, I will submit to be the subject of envy to you who struggle with acceptance and hopefully give some encouragement to some GG's who struggle to accept.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Susan,

There is nothing wrong with sharing your joy of acceptance here on the forum as it is all about support. While some may not be in an open/accepting relationship, they can still read your posts and share in your happiness. If we did not share our joy and only our sorrow . . . this would be a very sad forum indeed.

Hugs

Isha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Positive posts are always a good thing...it brings balance to the occassional pity parties that go on in here...

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    If only the "scorned", angry, or hurt SOS post, and only the CDers with SOS who feel that way, then the SOS who come to this forum for guidance or ideas will see only the negative.

I find it interesting how extreme the reactions from SOS can be. Too bad that more SOS with more accepting attitudes don't post their thoughts.

Reality Check
    If you start to post something and then think it's inappropriate or presents an unpopular view, it's probably best to go with your gut and not post it. You can learn more from reading than from writing. You can always compliment someone on their hair or dress.

I think it is a responsibility of those whose wives accept them to share their experiences with the rest of the community. If anything it is good therapy for you and it gives other the courage to accept themselves and possibly come out to those who love them in hopes to be accepted.

Imo its absolutely essential to post about those positive experiences like many have said it inspires others and we need to tell our SO about the real us. I personally could never be happy in the long term trying to hide half of my life from the one I shouldn't have to hide anything from! I came out to my wife long before our marriage I knew if she wanted nothing to do with it i'd rather know in the begining it was so scary but totally worth it!

I say continue the post. The good stories give allot of hope!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are here to learn from each other are we not?
    Post away.

I agree. There are plenty of stories here regarding out right rejection, family problems and turmoil. Positive stories help offset and demonstrate that acceptance and even enthusiastic support are possible.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    I found that reading some of the posts from those that made the reveal and all ended well to be very inspiring to the point of wanting to reveal all of this to my SO. But knowing that not everyone gets that type of response, am still unable to do so.
    This is the key too. What works for some, may not work for others and is the reason I tend to keep my situation low key as those of us that do have accepting, understanding, and supporting SO's have been extremely lucky. I won't lie, when I was thrust into telling my SO about all of this (a long story posted else where), even though I believe that I knew how her reaction would be, you just never know. It may not be what is expected and once the genie is out, there's no putting it back in. For a lot of us, that is a huge risk that we may never take.

For the record though, I am happier now than I have ever been.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Like Jennifer says, post away, it is great therapy and lets you talk about things you would otherwise not reveal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It is my opinion that the majority of the people here enjoy reading about people such as you and your wife. Many need to read about happy situations like yours.

I do understand your hesitation as to how often to post things. I am in a position where I do most things en femme and do not think that I should post comments about the more mundane ones. I do, however, post re: situations that are a little more unusual.
    Hugs, Carole