Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you decide to shave your facial hair..

I'm preparing to shave mine in the coming months. Sooner than later!...Its really patchy anyway!

My grown daughter had never seen me without a beard. A couple months after we realized I needed to dress in women's clothes my wife wanted to play with make up. Losing the beard was one of the hardest thing I ever did.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I started keeping my face clean shaven about 20 years ago... I was in my early 30's and it was already turning grey!

Gone to live my life
    I have had everything from a moustache, goatee, beard right up to a fuzzy mountain man beard during my years in the military (for various reasons). I went clean shaven about two years back and have never looked back.

Hugs

Isha

I never could grow a respectable beard but I had a moustache from 17 to about 42. Just shaved it off in the shower one day and almost gave my family heart failure. Wife and kids had never seen me without it. That was 14 years ago.

Hi.

Seems things have changed i had a friend who with family went to The States in the 60's 70's ,
    and was told you cant wear a beard .....oh .... why not, never did find out why. any way i think he shaved it off just to please who ever, though i think he kicked up about it knowing him , he would,

...noeleena...

I had a moustache until I was 18.. just because it started growing. And since I was living at home with my parents, there wasn't anything I could do with respect to crossdressing.

As soon as I moved out when I went to university.. off it went!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

10 years ago when I decided I couldn't hide in the closet anymore and had to come out to my wife.
    Wasn't only the facial hair, but all the hair below the nose. No looking back either, I much prefer things this way.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It's pretty big struggle for me to keep my facial hair in line. It's very thick and coarse, and shaving next day stubble always leaves really bad 5 o'clock shadow, even with a sharp new blade. This means I have to spend more time covering that up just to go out and enjoy myself. It's too much of a pain a lot of days, and I just try to ignore it. Once I get money for laser, it all goes.

It was when the girls told me I looked like an old sea captain, when the gray hairs mixed in with the brown in an uneven manner, so I let it grow in a full beard. And I truly looked much older with the beard, so it had to go. Up side, is, I had a beard much of my life, so the skin was protected; much of my facial skin looks much younger than most.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My hair is shoulder length, I keep it a pony tail at work , I put the facial hair back on to keep the man look.

i have very little leg hair..takes a month to return..facial hair is limited as well..take me 2 months to grow a mustache or beard..no need for any of the laser hair removal junk because I dont have an issue with it..after 1 day she looks like mrs bigfoot..its all kinda weird (but funny)

I've had a beard for almost 35 years. I shaved it off for may first makeover 18 months ago. Now doing laser and electrolysis.

I''ve almost no facial hair, so I couldn't grow a beard even if I wanted to. At a time I was desperate about it, but now well I won't complain

Yeah... I have had some facial hair, the 12 years prior to my latest outburst of CDing.
    I'm sure the beard kept me in check. But the salt and pepper got a little too salty and it had to go.
    I've seen e it many guys shave their beards, and every one of them looked younger:
    I hope it worked for me as well !
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Always been clean shaved. But now and again I let it grow out but only for a week or so then it comes off. My wife doesn't like it when I don't shave. But since I've started wearing make up every time I dress Im always clean shaved for that. My wife made a comment a few weeks ago when I was going through the growing out period, she mentioned why I don't shave as often as I did. Made me think does she know.

Aspiring Member
    1999, when I first stepped out of the 4 walls en femme. It was a biggie for me. Mustache and sometime goatee. I thought as male I looked soooo much better with it and funny without it. I let it grow back. 2003 I went out again and shaved it. Since then it has been on and off. At about 2008 I shaved it and it has been more off than on since then. I vacilate and sooner or later will let it grow again as my wife prefers it. I actually prefer it when in male mode too I guess if honest.
    And of course I still dress in the house with it. Funny thing is it never made that much of a difference in how I felt being dressed with it when I was younger. I guess we progress up the CD ladder and things change.
    Last edited by bimini1; 05-15-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Banned Read only
    24 years ago, when I quit drinking. For some reason, in my mind, it was sort of a pledge "I won't drink while I don't have a beard!" This made no sense whatsoever, and today, I realize the reason I did it was gender dysphoria. I quit CDing when I quit drinking, and those feelings had to go somewhere. So my facial hair went. In 24 years, I missed shaving maybe half a dozen times - all of which coincided with serious illness.

I always kept facial hair up until 3 years ago. I kinda liked the way it looked as a guy but knew there would come a day when I was able to be the girl that I wanted to that I'd probably lose the facial hair. I thought I'd miss it but I don't. Same goes for my leg and chest hair. Bye bye baby. Hopefully I can start some permanent removal this fall. Looking into starting laser hair removal soon!

If I didn't maintain it, I'd have fur up to my eyeballs. I keep it trimmed to my jawline. I have had a beard for the last 30 years.

I'm sure I'd present better being clean shaven, I just can't make myself do it.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Erica William View Post
    never really kept facial hair and didn't come in until i was in my early 30's. now I need someone to shave my back.
    lol! Don't all of us? Someone should tell Gillette and Schick that they need to develop a double-jointed razor which will reach between the shoulder blades.

Like others here I had an inability to grow it.

Always shaved when necessary.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Spring 1997!

I had a full mustache for many years until it all came off. I finally made the decision to be more than someone with a clothing fetish. From that year to today I have created Sarah; worked on my feminine image and tried as best I could considering my world around me to become the women that I always wanted to be.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

I shave it off and on. I've had a mustache of some sort since I was around 14 or 15 with only a couple exceptions where I shaved it off. I have really fine gauge hair. Sure, the facial hair is thicker in diameter than my head hair, but its pretty much mostly gray. There's afew bald patches, too, that just won't grow hair. I think I look a lot older with it. As I've gotten older I've lost quite a bit of my leg hair. It's all fine gauge hair, too. I don't have a lot of chest hair, just some mostly on my belly. I shave my legs since the hair there is sparse anyway. And the upper part of my chest I shave, too. I'm getting close to shaving it all off. I wore a goatee for that past few years, but got rid of that, too, since it was mostly gray anyway. I shave the mustache off from time to time and let it grow back for a while and then shave it again. Working on getting rid of that, too, completely. It's thinned out over the years and is gray and doesn't look that good anyway. I just want to do it in stages so I don't shock anyone. Sometimes I shave it off just to the point of where there are just very, very short whiskers. I'll have it all gone in the relatively near future. I love the feel of my legs now that they're smooth. I wish my skin was smoother, though. I think I have some type of "complex" where I think I don't look as "manly" without some type of facial hair and I worry what people will think. That's the biggest thing I need to work on.
    Last edited by Desirae; 06-05-2014 at 01:00 PM.

iv been shaving since i was 13. i grew a beard a few but i dont keep for long as its a pain to maintain it