Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: She said no way was her son going to put on an Elsa dress

I agree. If i had a son I wouldn't want him wearing Elsa's dress either. Anna's outfit has much more depth and would be the better choice in my opinion. *rimshot*

After all the crusading and recrimination here dies down, I just want to observe that, with all the strong women characters in kids films now and in the future, we can only hope that there will be more boys wanting to wear dresses, that there will be parents ok with that, and that the needle of public acceptance will perceptibly move.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Aspiring Member
    Wow I had no idea this thread still had some traction. I was just actually thinking about it this past week when another one of the co-workers I eat with actually said the word transvestite right there at the table, and, er, not in a good way. And again, I just did not know what to say. It caught me so off guard just out of the blue she calls some one transvestite. What are the odds a real transvestite was sitting right there across from her? To tell the truth it scared the H-E-double L out of me when she said it. For, I had a couple of days off coming up where I would be dressed at home all day both days and it was ironic that she would say that at that time. Maybe the Universe was talking I do not know but I was certainly taken aback.

I have not heard much more from the other one who made the initial statement. She is pregnant now with 3rd child and I asked did she know the gender yet. Said she was not gonna find out but did go into alot about well everyone else wants to know so they will know what to buy (blue or pink). The other one (the one who said TV) is also preggers and asked me to give a "man's perspective" on why her husband, upon finding out the upcoming baby is a boy, got mad because they had painted the room a soft yellow color. He wants to repaint it in a more masculine color, and she wanted my feeling on it.
    I told her I thought it was ridiculous and I am the last one who would come at her with the gender police. I left it at that. So it's funny this thread came back up at this time, must have been that energy in the air as I feel it all to be connected. Life goes on and I am feeling pretty good about myself.

One thing a man, CD or non CD must be aware of. Mothers do not like men telling them what to do with their kids. Even though, the advice is good! Ever hear of bothering a mother bear with her cubs?

Quote Originally Posted by SabrinaMarie View Post
    All this talk about the Elsa dress, where can I get one, plus size 22?
    That would be ebay. Search for cosplay dresses, there are manufacturers in China that will sew you absolutely anything you want. For a price, of course. Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Movie...item417f37ba6b
    If you ask, perhaps they can make one just for you, just a little larger than their 3XL if needed? You'll have to send them your measurements (Be generous; I found that the chest, armholes and sleeves were too tight if I gave exact measurments, but then after a few 'mistakes', mine, not theirs, I wound up with exactly what I wanted). If not, there are lots of other ebay merchants out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bimini1 View Post
    The woman who said it is a great friend. I considered her to be an ally as she has made affirming statements about gays before. But as we all know, to be gay friendly does not add up to being T friendly. Son is 3 going on 4. She also has 5 year old daughter. Now what I probably should have said was what if her daughter wanted to dress up as a male character what would her feeling on that be? May have been the same but I'd wager not.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say she would have been perfecly ok with her daughter emulating a male character. After all, despite it being 2014, both men and women still behave as if male is better than female.
    I'M NOT SAYING THAT IT IS.
    But both men and women insult men by calling us ladies, wimps, pussies, girls, sissies, etc., and you never see the reverse (even some female coaches denigrate their female players by calling them effeminate terms!). And little girls are still socialized to value getting married and having children as their primary goal in life, even though they are 'allowed' to pursue careers, they're still expected to 'catch' a husband, and if they haven't by age oh, 30, many treat them like they're a failure in life. I work with primarily women, and over and over I still see the worry as they approach the big 3 - OH if they're not engaged or married. It's very, very real. (One woman is currently getting ready to get married to a guy she doesn't love, all because she'll be 30 and 'its time to get married', both she and her family were in a panic when last fiance dumped her at 28, so she's now being pushed into marriage by virtually everyone around her. Her opinion of him? 'Well, he's a nice enough guy. It won't be so bad'. I see a disastrous future for her, yet, have no say in her future; I know that there have been millions of marriages in the past that had no love, no passion, yet both parties went ahead with it and lived out their lives. Yet it bothers me to no end that this woman feels she must do this).
    Stay at home moms are not considered great people in history. There are no Nobel prizes for being a great wife and mom, no headlines, no bestsellers about their lives, no hit movies, even no TV shows where the mom is the star for being what EVERYONE ELSE needs her to be for decades on end. So for a parent to see a little boy wanting to be feminine, yes, most parents are going to be concerned, because a female's life is still considered a step downward in status to most of the world.
    I'M NOT SAYING IT IS! But that's how most people feel.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 05-28-2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: info
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bimini, It sounds like you need to find another place to eat lunch.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Bimini, It sounds like you need to find another place to eat lunch.
    It won't matter. I've concluded that for the most part, the whole place is virulently transphobic. Tired of running from it. Scary part is these are professional people, I would tend to expect a little more from them.