Thread: So, go figure, it really does get easier.

So, go figure, it really does get easier.

Well, after much anxiety leading up to my last show shopping adventure, I went on another this weekend.

I went to the local wig boutique because I wanted some new long locks. A friend of mine came along. Afterwards, she said, "how about some lunch? "

I panicked for a moment. She said, "you'll be fine, if I can do it, you can do it. " So, we both went to a 99, mid day, on a Saturday, in Manchester. And guess what, not one pitchfork to be seen!

It wasn't exciting. It wasn't a rush. It was just nice. And aside from a few looks, everyone was very pleasant.

You can do it too.

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't believe everyone who said it gets easier! And thank you for the encouragement.

Banned Read only
    good for you isnt it NICE getting waited on AS FEMALES???? IF we are read its no big deal its how we present

Great story, but i am so jealous, love the 99 and miss it, lol.

Congratulations! And it really *does* get easier. It took me about 20 outings to get to the point where I'm happy doing everything presenting as a woman... going to restaurants, the library, the bank, grocery shopping, whatever... it just seems completely normal.

It is easy if we are truly comfortable in our own skins.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    AND IT BECOMES COMPLETE NORMAL FOR PEOPLE AROUND US as well THERE STILL is just a SMALL precentage of female cashiers that are just completly RUDE and dont even say hello BACK that dont wreck my day,, its just 1 percent of PEOPLE thats all i go in there LANES ON PURPOSE

Hang on there, Ms. Laura! You got gushed over by experts (hungry for a sale, no doubt) at the wig boutique then did the girl's lunch, and it wasn't a rush?

I don't understand. Sounds glorious. :-) Hugs, Michelle

Gone to live my life
    Hi Laura,

Hate to say it . . . but I will . . . told you so . It is always pleasant just going out and being who you need to be and yes, the rush does disappear and it just becomes common place . . . but nice. CONGRATS!!!!

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Laura,

Hate to say it . . . but I will . . . told you so .

Hugs

Isha
    Yeah, what she said LOL. But honestly, until you do it yourself, you just don't know. So glad Laura that your second time out was as good your first.

Isha is quite right! and so is Gretchen! It does get easier, one can get used to it to the point where you feel at ease and it's not a "rush", it's just comfortable. It's also true that hearing other people tell you that doesn't necessarily make the initial steps of actually getting out there yourself any easier. Experience is a great teacher. Congrats to you, Ms. Laura!

Platinum Member
    Hi Laura, You are out there now there will be no holding you back anymore.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Laura, you'll be amazed at how much each time going out becomes a non-event. It's in our heads. Funny.

Good on you!

Good for you!! It gets easier and lots more fun!! How was the food? The only time I went to 99 it wasn't great...
    Please call me Lisa!

Haha, food was fine. Got, what else, a salad. I'm really trying to get to a 29 inch waist but it ain't happenin'
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

The really interesting thing is that while going out en femme becomes a non-event from the standpoint of emotional stress, the world becomes a much more inviting, enjoyable and expansive universe. There are so many things you'll do with a whole different perspective.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Nice going.
    And it does get easier.

Very true, kim! It opens up a world of possibilities!