Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In many ways our lives are fuller

In many ways our lives are fuller

Have you ever considered how much fuller our lives may be since we are crossdressers. For example, the average male hardly gives a thought to what is in his underwear drawer or what kind of boxers or briefs he will put on in the morning. CDs, on the other hand, and for the most part, derive considerable pleasure from their panty collection and revel in the texture and feel of silky undergarments against their skin. Ditto sleepwear. Most males jump into bed in their underwear without giving it another thought. Many CDs however, at least those with understanding spouses/partners, have an assortment of lingerie to sleep in which makes the simple act of getting ready for bed something special. Many of us enjoy both masculine and feminine pursuits, whereas most males operate solely in the masculine world. Although, throughout my life, my crossdressing has sometimes made me feel different in a not so positive sense, I have reached a point in my life where I have accepted it as a gift. Part of this may be due to the fact that, after many years, my wife has shown a greater level of understanding and acceptance. Perhaps that is why I now find myself thinking how lucky I am to be a CD and how much I love the fun of dressing. Any of you feeling the same?

Banned Read only
    No Leigh, I think this is something a cross dresser says to help deal with the admission that they are a cross dresser. Our lives are no more, or less, full for this.

Any number of hobbies and endeavours could be said to accomplish the same thing. Appreciation of underwear can't really be thought of as life enriching. Fun, yes. Profound...not really.

hi, i just dont think fuller is the right word , its made my life way more compacated. hugs lynda

Daniella Argento
    I think that accepting my crossdressing and transgender nature has made me more empathetic.
    It has also opened my eyes more fully to some of the stuff women have to put up with on a daily basis.
    I am more understanding of my wife and children, I think I am more sensitive.
    That is not to say I was not any of these things before, but the lived experience (even if on a very small scale and for a short period) makes you more attuned.
    I believe that I am also more aware of how repressed many men are, how narrowly they define their personality, their sexuality and themselves.
    Whether that is a 'fuller' life, or not I suppose is up to the individual to answer. But it is different.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Leigh,

While we can all certainly derive a much fuller existence/life based on the things we do, I believe it is different for each. When it comes to CDing those who derive pleasure from and engage in specific aspects of dressing (e.g., undies, lingerie) are going to feel fuller based on feeling good. In essence if you are going to feel good about something, it will enrich your life because it makes you happy. For me, it is not about the clothes it is about being complete for the first time in a long time and that makes me a happier person, which in turn makes me a better person and able to lead a more complete and fuller existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    No Leigh, I think this is something a cross dresser says to help deal with the admission that they are a cross dresser. Our lives are no more, or less, full for this.
    Sorry Jenn I can't agree on this as it sounds way too dour like CDing is nothing to be proud about or embrace. If you do something which makes you happy irrespective of if it is your "panty collection" or "training hard for a bike race", the end result is a more rounded person whose life feels a little bit more enriched because they are doing something the like. Embracing who you are and accepting that does make you a fuller person.

Hugs

Isha

I think there isn't a contradiction between "fuller" and "more complicated": my life is more complicated, right, but I think it's also fuller, because I live experiences and emotions that I'd not live without crossddressing. Feeling the feminine part of myself gives me a new and enriching point of view in many occasions. However, to get to this point I had to make a long journey of self-acceptance.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I must admit that I think my life is better as a result, and I don't mean in a softer undies manner.. I've lost 40lbs, I'm eating better including more salads and less junk food, drinking far less, exercising including running again, taking better care of my health, better care of my skin, better care of my nails and the list goes on.

On a less self indulgent note I'm far less moody, far more tolerant, more emotional, I care more about upsetting others feelings, more romantic and more sympathetic. I hug now, I'm more social and sociable and I have more friends.

My life is fuller, it's taken a battle of acceptance (a campaign I'm still waging) but I'm far better husband, father, manager, colleague, employee... a far better person all round.

Yes this 'condition' has its negative elements, but I'm coming to the realisation that these are surpassed by the positives.

Jennifer, I'm sorry, I do not agree that these feelings and character improvements are merely a mechanism employed to justify, to explain the fact that I really enjoy 'frocking up'.
    Call me Donna, please

I think I could have picked a better term than "fuller", perhaps it sounds a bit grandiose. The point I was trying to make is that crossdressing affords many of us the opportunity to find joy in otherwise trivial things. Sure, has it made my life far more complicated? Of course! but, like Donna, it has also made me more sensitive (I would argue) and a more "centered" person. If given the choice between being a crossdresser or being someone who has never felt these urges, I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing....notwithstanding the many occasions it has complicated my life.

Leigh - YES, in a word...

Even in my partially closeted world, I have found an outlet for... something... that could not be expressed by art classes, golf, carpentry, or business presentations and a black belt in Powerpoint.. I might, however, draw the line at thinking myself 'lucky'... It just is, what it is... and like any innate attributes, we all just have to make the best of what we're gifted or burdened with.

OUCH! An admission...? Like we should be guilty of something...? Hmmm... I think this is both harsh and dismissive of those who suffer more pressure from GD than others. While we may not be different people for having this quirk - the fact that we have self-acceptance and we have allowed ourselves to express this part of us, surely that makes us fuller and richer than if it remained repressed..? I expect that's really what you meant...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Leigh, good for you. Yes, perspective changes with point of view. As does time in that position. I think Isha is hinting ay this. Things change over time. Acceptance is the key "they" say. And I hope I never stop enjoying the sensual aspects of dressing.

Kate

Reality Check
    Our live are different because we are crossdresser but I don't think they are fuller. Probably just the opposite because many of us turn down opportunities to do other things in order to crossdress.

To me Jenn is wrong on this statement, but to her she is correct.
    To to most questions that are asked on an emotional level, this all ties to the original question asked many times ,

Do you consider yourself a CD or TG?

For those that consider themselves only a CD, I don't think the OP statement holds water. For those who have some aspects of TG in their genetic makeup, who use the time out to tap into something that is placed deep in their personality closet due to social norms, and get the opportunity to experience it when dressed, like myself, I do feel that my life is fuller

Just my .02

Platinum Member
    Hi Leigh, It's like I always say, "This is having the best of both worlds" .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Leigh, I fully agree with you. I sometimes feel like the most fortunate being in the world because I get to enjoy two fabulous entities. And one always compliments the other.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Leigh, well put. I very much agree but many may consider us fortunate. The degree to which any of us is able to be open will vary for all sorts of reasons. For me I am pleased to be able to say things like "well dear if they did that dress in my size I would love to wear it, so if you like it, have it and enjoy." To be able to be honest is such a relief.

Can't buy it, and here's why:
    If our lives are fuller because we crossdress, we must ask "fuller than what?" Fuller than non-crossdressers lives? Not hardly. We may experience a different aspect of life than those who don't crossdress, much as the hunter who spends a lot of time in the woods has different experiences than those who don't. Different doesn't mean better. Contemplating the contents of an underwear drawer is way over-rated.

Banned Read only
    Leigh,
    I will have to agree with you, my CDing now is giving and replacing something missing in my life and that is down to a lack of understanding and acceptance !
    To fully makeup and dress is a wonderful experience that doesn't happen very often ! Now I'm comfortable with it I would hate to live without it !

I don't think that living a fuller life correlates with the contents of one's underwear drawer. Descriptions of a fuller life must include philosophical and social dimensions.
    As cross dressers, being able to fulfill ones cross dressing desires is certainly very pleasant and rewarding and yes. fuller in a narrow way but I don't think it leads to what most would think of as a "Fuller Life".

fuller in my bra lol
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

A lot of replys relate to how they feel about their Cross dressing. I was retired with no friends local to me, now that I cd other cd's locally are writing to get together boy or girl mode. found four new friends in the last two weeks that want to do other things together. A whole new life for me.
    Last edited by carrie2014; 02-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    ...OUCH! An admission...? Like we should be guilty of something...? Hmmm......
    To Admit: to allow or concede as valid.

No, I did not infer anything about guilt. We can read the theme of "admission" on a constant basis in the threads here. By the way, if one has a more full life by being a cross dresser, then those who are not cross dressers, by definition, have a less full life. That does't seem to make sense. In fact, if it were possible to ask 10 million non-cross dressers, you would find none of them would respond positively to the original premise. We all live our lives, they re as full as we choose to make them.

My closet and drawers are fuller. Bursting at the seams!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Being somewhat of an "equal opportunity" flirt, I'd say that my life is considerably "fuller" than before when I was paralyzed with fear of being gay, etc. My only fear these days is that I'll grow too old to wear lovely heels!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Oh dear Leigh, I'm going to have to disagree too, much as I'd love to think my life is yards better than a Muggle guy's. If I have a fuller life than some other random person's, that is more because I've been open to opportunities and I was raised to believe you should have a go at something before deciding you can't do it.

Among other stupid generalisations, I was convinced that men who watch American Football are somehow, how shall I put it...retarded. When I came here I quickly acquired great liking and respect for the intelligent, compassionate and witty closet-quarterback who dares to wear red opera gloves and calls herself Katey888. Again I see that I am an idiot, despite being a crossdresser
    I used to have a short attention spa