Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enfemme encounter with Mom and Trans Daughter

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

enfemme encounter with Mom and Trans Daughter

Seeing the thread about being "read" by others I will share an experience I had several weeks ago.

Rather than making a long drawn out post here is the low down.
    I went to the local large mall in 100% girl mode and was in Macy's browsing the Lancome booth in the make up area chatting with one of the SA's that had helped me before,
    A lady in her 40's was across the aisle with her Trans Daughter who looked around 16-17 years old and she smiled and asked me to join them.
    I smiled and said sure I would be glad to.
    She started off complimenting me on my outfit and I thanked her while giving her Daughter a smile of approval.
    She said I am soo new to this and want to do whats best for Emily ( her trans Daughter of course) and thought you might be able to help.
    Sure I was "read" or she wouldn't have even asked me for my opinions.
    We moved out into the sitting area in the mall and chatted for over an hour.
    Such a nice lady for accepting her new Daughter and willing do do whats right to help her.
    Both were just as sweet as they could be.
    So being "read" isn't always a bad thing.

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience. If more of us were less sensitive to being read and could just be their wonderful self when interacting with others. One question: Will you remain in contact? In my varied and many conversations with strangers I have heard of others who had a trans friend, son, son of a friend and so on. I always offered myself as a amateur contact if they ever wanted or needed to talk with someone. I have not been taken up on my offer yet, but hope that one day I may be.

Tracii,
    Thank you for sharing that! So often we hear if you see a sister to leave them alone. But I guess this woman isn't a member here and you not only responded favorably, you helped them out! Bless you sister!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Very cool experience! I'm thrilled that the generation coming up is getting much better treatment than those of us from the middle of last century. With luck, they'll take us to a place where transgenderism is no more remarkable than being left-handed. Thanks for helping to move it along.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracii, You are a true Ambassador to our program.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

What a wonder encounter and a wonderful woman for her acceptance of her daughter and of you of course. Thank-you for being such an excellent role model to a younger person.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Yes Allie I gave Emily my number and she added to her cell phone with her Mom's approval of course.
    I invited them to come to the next group meeting coming up as well.
    Whether they come or ever call we'll see.
    Emily said she was the one that pointed me out to her Mom to start with LOL.
    How long they had been watching me or debating what to do I don't know.
    Its times like this when strangers accept you as you are and that is so wonderful.This one is my all time best encounter.
    Very rewarding experience.

That is wonderful. First, that the mother is so supportive of your daughter, and second that you were able to offer them some advice.

Very touching, Tracii. The Mother must be very trusting and open minded. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

That's so great! Your generosity and the mothers courage to reach out are guiding a child, a family, and indirectly, society, towards a better future.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Tracii, you did good. If only the whole world was made up of people like Emily's mom. Think how wonderful it would be if the word "judgmental" was thrown out the window. If you keep in touch with this mom and her daughter, let us know how they both are doing from time to time.

Way to go Tracii! Thanks for sharing your very positive experience. It would be a daunting experience for me if that happened, I hope if it does, that I will respond in a similar manner.

Hugs, Bria

Tracii G: "Achievement Unlocked! - Mentor"

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Banned Read only
    Wow Tracie, well done! I too only hope I could be that composed I a similar situation!

I would have to say that this was an awesome exchange. I am so glad this was a positive experience for all involved.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    An Awesome event,Traci! Cool that you got to spend so much time with them on a friendly basis! Hope they stay in touch! Keep us updated if they do! (without violating there privacy, of course)

Banned Spammer
    I hope they show up at the next support group meeting.
    The lady said her "son" had told her a few years ago "he" was different but she didn't know what he meant and passed it off.
    "He" started wearing make up little by little trying to pass it off as being an EMO or goth thing so his Mom wouldn't worry.
    He finally came out and told her what was going on and she started searching the web for answers and came across a few YT videos by trans teens.
    I asked her do you feel differently about your child now that you know? She said oh my gosh no I love her more than anything in the world.
    Emily smiled and said I love you too Mom.
    I said sometimes just the use of the word "her" means everything.
    We talked about a lot of things fashion and make up too.
    Some of her questions dealt with me and how I figured it out and how I dealt with it. I showed her some pics on my phone both guy and girl mode and she said you look much happier in girl mode.
    I showed Emily my pics and she said wow you play guitar thats pretty cool. Kids Huh?
    All in all a cool experience.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tracii,

What a great story and well done for taking the time to speak with them and help . . . you are right sometimes being read is a good thing.

Cheers

Isha

What a lovely experience, well done tracii, thanks for sharing that.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Being read could be seen as mainly a negative (more so for the person's ego and confidence), however situations like this is has to been seen as purely positive! Tip of the ol' hat to you Tracii!

Tracii, you made that girls day. Hope things work out for her. You are a wonderful ambassador for the community.

I remember how I felt the first time I met another crossdresser for lunch, even though we both were in drab. That lunch made a huge difference in how I felt about myself. There was another real live person that felt the same way! What a relief, confidence builder. Thanks to Rene.

Hugs, Bria

Kudos for your openness and sincerity Tracii.

Karen

Banned Spammer
    There is really no way to prepare for an encounter like this so when it happens just be open and honest.
    I cant say I wasn't nervous when it all started but things worked out.
    I think kudos goes to Mom in this case for accepting her new Daughter first off and trying to reach out and help her.
    I can only hope I was a positive part in the whole thing.
    Thank you toering63 I sure hope I did. LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-13-2015 at 10:57 AM.

How nice of you to take the time to try to help this lady. your the best Tracii.
    Angie