Thread: One, Please!

One, Please!

Ham ha! Hey gals! It's been awhile. Sorry about that. Anyroad, I'll be moving into my own apartment in a few weeks ( yea! ), and I've already got a lot of the things I need, but does anyone have any ideas about something no single t-gal in her very own apartment should be without? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance! Ciao for now.
    Waffo!

GypsyKaren
    Seriously? A definate must have...a kick-ass stereo system, with a collection of Neil Young, of course.

Karen

Hummmmm... I was thinking more along the lines of Barry Manilow.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Perhaps a sewing machine?
    An ironing board?
    A full length mirror and/or lighted makeup mirror?
    A huge closet with heads for the wigs?
    Wine glasses?

I guess the question is too open ended to answer intelligently.

Hugs,

Bernice

GypsyKaren
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Tony Orlando?

I like that Barry Manilow idea. Especially his early material. I always liked Tony, Joyce and Telma also.

I second the idea of a sewing machine, mirrors and lots of closets. Pots and pans would be nice. Maybe a cookbook or two. Burgers and pizza get stale fast....BJ

Barry Manilow? Tony Orlando? Good grief, just shoot me now.

Sugar, you now have an opportunity to adequately store and care for your wardrobe, hair, makeup, etc, probably for the first time. Take full advantage of it. Closet organizers, wig heads and makeup mirrors are worth the investment. And go for a little style, create a home atmosphere where you can flourish. Don't forget pretty sheets ... and a cordless phone.

Ummm... someone to share it with?

Jennaie :be:

if your apartment is gonig to be on the 2nd floor or higher, I HIGHLY reccomend getting a cart with wheels. This can be used both for hauling up groceries and for stuffing your laundry into (because 99% of apartments have community laundry rooms, or sometimes none at all and you have to drive to a laundrymat). trust me, you'll thank me for it.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Full length mirror
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Platinum Member
    dsl get dsl .... then go shopping for some new outfits....

Definitely the full length mirror. Maybe more than one.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Seems we all agree on the mirror thingy. Just make sure it is broad to make view walking and turning easy. Do not forget another one for the back view and another for the side. Then the make-up mirror.
    Having sorted the view you must sort the acessories. That requires a place to spread out the make -up and the wigs. Oh and a shoe rack which you probably do not have .... yet.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Barely Man-enough? I think not. I'll start with the Neil Young and work from there. Whew! The last thing I need when dressed is to get all that syrup all over my clothes.

So:
    Full-length mirror
    Shoe rack
    Makeup mirror
    Cart with wheels
    High speed internet (an absolute must!)
    Beer

And perhaps a nice kitty. Hey, pets need people!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Does there exist a crossdresser who doesn't have a full length mirror?

A companion!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jo_ann
    if your apartment is gonig to be on the 2nd floor or higher, I HIGHLY reccomend getting a cart with wheels. This can be used both for hauling up groceries and for stuffing your laundry into (because 99% of apartments have community laundry rooms, or sometimes none at all and you have to drive to a laundrymat). trust me, you'll thank me for it.
    One of the two best wedding presents I got was a little red wagon. When we lived in a small apartment with external laundry we could stack 4 laundry baskets in the wagon, pile on detergent, softener, and the cup of quarters, and haul the whole mess to the laundry at once. Then came kids and other things to haul in the little red wagon. We're still using it today, to haul things back and forth between our non-attached garage and home.

Plus, it's cute.

If you have stairs, you might want to get one of the little folding wheeled carts used by old ladies and sailors, aka a "dock cart." Sadly little red wagons don't do so well on stairs.
    [SIZE="3"]Busting out of my male cocoon[/SIZE]

Full length mirror ? I use 4 by 8 sheets of 1/8 inch thick acrylic panels. Mirrored of course. Mounts like a regular mirror (small clips w/ small nails or screws ). they come in colors too.

My experience

I was wondering if this will be the first time your living alone for a long time?
    I remember the day I drove away from my home, my now, ex wife and my life.
    It had a two day drive in front of me so I had lots of time to think as I drove to San Francisco. I had rented a tiny, tiny apartment on the internet. I was taking a chance. Some parts of San Francisco are not as safe as others. It was my first time in the city too.
    It was a little bit of a process to sign the short term lease and get keys and other stuff. But finally, there I was after 27 years of marriage, alone again , in my own apartment and it felt soooooooooooo great!
    I hung all my nighties and robes in the closet and kept the door open so I could see them. It was like a dream.
    I was nervous becasue of this HUGE change I was making but sooo excited and yet anxious about the future.
    In some sense life began again for me that day.

I hope you find all the happiness that you've been searching for.
    I wish you love, passion and intimacy enough to fill your beautiful golden cup.
    Blessings
    Rikki
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Besides the full-length mirror, several other mirrors, preferably on hinges, so you can see how you look from behind, the side, etc.
    Before you buy a lot of new things: closet organizers. They not only keep things sorted, but they give you the pleasure of seeing all your femme stuff at one glance. They also encourage you to be selective, to keep the things you use and like, and discard the things you dont.
    I didnt know Barry Mannelow was a crossdresser.

Get yourself a nice bureau with plenty of smaller drawers for all your finery, and make sure you get a large one, because you will fill it up before you know it.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill
    LOL!

There are three in this house. Plus cupboard door mirrors in the bathroom that, when angled just so in combination, give side and rear views of a girls head

Banned Read only Vicky_Scotland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill
    [SIZE="4"]OMG[/SIZE] I don't.

Does that make me a weirdo?

I now have a complex.........help!!!!

When I started living by myself 7 years ago, the first thing I bought was the full length mirror.

Jodi