Thread: Storage solutions

Storage solutions

hello other married CDers - as i have said on here before, i am married with 2 young boys. wife knows i dress for 2+ years now.

the problem of storage is coming up as i accumulate more clothes / femmy things. i dont want my boys finding "stuff" i have either hanging in my closet now or buried at the bottom of my closet. i have shoes, make up, other 'stuff' buried at the bottom of my closet now.

what do others do for storage for:

1. things that need to hang in the closet? a plastic garment bag or somethign to at least cover it up? so for example, i have some sissy maid's uniforms that i dont just wann aleave hanging in my closet. wanna at least get those in some kind of cheap garment bag to at least cover those up. any thoughts?

2. also, where do u guys store shoes and other stuff? anyone use a lockable trunk or anything lockable?

thanks for any feedback,
    kelly

I live alone so it's easier for me. At the moment it's all in a large cardboard box at the top of my wardrobe, likely to change.

Where you are lucky is that you seem to have have a tolerant wife. Won't she allow you to keep it all next to hers?

As for your 2 boys, I'm unsure how they would connect the clothes being yours, they will likely just assume that they're their mums things, won't they?
    Gurlz they wanna have fu'hun. Oh gurlz just wanna have fu'hun x

thanks for the reply.

as far as my "normal" femme clothes, yes, i can def. keep in her closet. think that would be fine. but still need some sort of garment bag i think to hide these sissy maid's dresses i have (that for some reason i enjoy wearing every now and then)

Hi Kelly. I got one of these collapsible armoire / portable closet things: http://www.target.com/p/60-double-do...#prodSlot=_1_3

My wife and I each have a separate walk-in closet (naturally I gave her the larger one). I cleared out part of mine and then put the fabric armoire in that spot, and it holds my dresses, skirts and tops. My shapewear, pantyhose and other accessories go in a suitcase on a shelf above. My favorite heels are stored stacked behind the armoire. The rest of the heels are in foot lockers in the garage.

I put a lock on my walk-in closet door to keep the kids out of there. Curiosity killed the cat, after all. They haven't asked yet why there is a lock there, because to get to my closet you have to go through the master bedroom and bath. But now that the kids are getting older, we are leaving them at home sometimes, so I'm sure they will find that locked door sometime. My answer will be that there is a gun safe in there that I don't want them to mess with. This is a fact so I won't be lying to them.

I figure they'll find out about me someday, but I hope to delay that until they are older and will understand better.

Cheers

Gretchen

Boys will be boys, and when they go snooping, a garment bag will not stop,them from looking. If you're worried about things not being looked over as being your wifes, then you will almost certainly need to be able to hide them away under lock and key. However, kids today know that they can find multiple YouTube videos showing them in great detail how to open most locks. The same reason I don't worry about losing keys to many things anymore.

Hello Kelly

I have a similar issue. But only one boy yet a very small house. So I too worry about this issue. So far I have not had any issue but I am sure it will change at some point.

Now. To how I get a round this. Luckily. My wife and I are about the same size so any really long dresses, maxi dresses and the like. I just hand in with my with dresses. Otherwise. In the master there is a small closet that I keep my clothes in. No door. A curtain. Had a by pass door but I hated it and tore it down. So in that closer I keep my femme wardrobe and shoes. For the rest of the clothes in the house. We converted an extra room into a closet room. All my wife's stuff wand my male wardrobe hang in it along with shoes.

I guess I'm lucky. My son hasn't shown any tendancys to snoop around. His just no that interested because I don't assume he's not old enough to understand things so I tell him everything that he asks. Increases his knowledge and fulfills my male need to answer everything and solve everything.

I wish you the best of luck in this.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

You girls are luckier than me. As in the closet to the world (except this site) I hide all my stuff in the attic. As a rancher, I have huge barn and as my son ages, I will get a big construction site tool box and put it in there in the barn. It'll blend right in with my farming/ranching stuff. My biggest problem is that it is a terrible way to care for clothes/wigs/makeup, ect....

Love hearing how you girls do it. Hope to learn something!

Quote Originally Posted by bok4fun View Post
    Boys will be boys, and when they go snooping, a garment bag will not stop,them from looking. If you're worried about things not being looked over as being your wifes, then you will almost certainly need to be able to hide them away under lock and key. However, kids today know that they can find multiple YouTube videos showing them in great detail how to open most locks. The same reason I don't worry about losing keys to many things anymore.
    this is a good point. you are right. this is just confirming i need a lockable solution (but, yes i understand even that isnt 100%.....but its a lot safer than a garment bag).

thanks for all feedback gurls!!!!!

I have a a dual purpose room that serves as my man cave/c'ding haven with a closet that holds my dresses, skirts and tops. I keep all my panties, bras and wigs in a gym bag that sits on the top shelve. My shoes are in boxes on the floor of the closet. My makeup currently resides in a cardboard paper box atop of a storage shelf in that room.

Banned Read only
    I had no wardrobe prior to telling my wife. After I told her, I put all my things in the closet with her things. Hidden in plain sight. My kids don't go in our closet. My girls don't borrow my wife's clothes.

sometimes at the dollar store you can get those vacuum bags. You can layer your stuff between a shirt or jacket or even just something opaque. Then if someone sneaks a peek you will know because they have to break the seal...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I purchased a pair of locking steel cabinets from Craigslist. I added hangars, cabinet lights, mirrors, etc. I store makeup in a 3-drawer Craftsman toolbox that can be secured with a padlock.

Now that I'm out to many of my friends, some of my stuff has found its way into my closet and bathroom. I still use my cabinets and toolbox but I often leave them unlocked.

Is it so Dickensian for kids to be made to understand that their room is their room and parents rooms/ closets are off-limits? That's the way it worked when ours were younger and at home - nothing for them in our closets and no reason for them to go there under threat of draconian reprisals...

It's harder when you're not out to anyone in the family (or maybe not? ) I have heavy duty garment bags hanging in the garage and that is off-limits to everyone, including "she-who-must-be-obeyed-except-where-she-is-not-allowed-to-venture-which-is-my-man-cave...." Man-cave - Hah! That's ironic...

Small items go in a large suitcase or just boxes in the man-cave...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Aspiring Member
    I've experimented with various solutions. For my panties it's not problem, I'm out in the open to my wife for that, wear almost every day, and they go in the laundry with everything else. For my clothes that need to hang, we have a closet where we hang clothes that we don't wear but haven't gotten around to getting rid of (kind of a "strategic reserve..."). My dresses and tops hang in there, everything is jammed together and not really visible. My bras, tights and shows go into my bottom drawer, with layers of man-clothes on top. When I go 100% male as I do from time to time, it all goes in a hard-to-reach part of the attic.

Silver Member
    Pretty simple. Back of the closet, bottom of the drawer for most stuff. Forms, wigs and makeup is in a small chest of drawers in the closet. But then again my boys are in their teens, my wife is well aware, and one boy is quite aware, and the other one has at least seen me dressed on Halloween. So....... if they don't want to see it, they should stay out of my closet!

I'm the past, I've used an old sack filled with bandanas. Everyone knows I have a collection of them, I used to wear them all the time. But buried underneath all those bandanas are bras, panties, "toys", a few skirts, some blouses, tanks, etc. Anyone just opening it up would see my bandanas and think that's all there is. If they dig around in there, well, they were bound to find something someday if they're that committed to shopping.
    I also have a small, portable, fire safe. It locks in 2 ways, one is by a passcofe entered in the keypad. The other is with a key. (in case the battery dies or you forget your code.) it's not terribly big, but it's enough to fit a few articles of clothing if you told them. I used to hide my bras, forms, and a few items in there when I lived with my parents after visiting from college. They figured I just kept important paperwork in there (i did. Under the clothes)

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Darn phone. I meant, in the past, and if they're committed to SNOOPING.