Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When playing Video games, Do you pick the female character?

Most of the time, yes. I feel better to play as a girl. I can be me in game, and no one has to know.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

I often do and my reason was i'd rather stare as the woman character than the dude. Even before I realized and accepted I was into this type of stuff. In the Fallout games there is a special ability you can get as a woman to open new dialogue with male NPCs.
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

I have always picked the female characters. When questioned as to why would you play a female character in a game when I am not female, I would remind them that I am not a wizard, barbarian, smuggler, crook, or whatever either. Fantasy is Fantasy.

I usually pick a Male, especially in the new MMO Black Desert, character creation is amazing.

It depends on the game i'm playin', but mostly i'd say i'm 50/50

Funny you ask ,,yes most of the time

Usually not... but lately I've been playing Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers as Princess Peach. Probably has alot to do with her dress being my next big outfit.

I usually pick male characters in RPGs. I do like female characters in other games though, like Mario Kart or Street Fighter, I wouldn't mind dressing up like Chun-Li or Princess Peach though!

Aspiring Member
    I'll often pick a female character, but not always. It also depends on who is likely to be watching at the time.
    Having said that, one multiplayer game my sons and I like on the Playstation has an assortment of characters, and I usually pick the female one as it has the coolest vehicle. They have never questioned it.

Yes, almost always, unless doing so would result in having a character that doesn't work well with my style of playing.
    My name is Carol.

Yes always now. I even did so in pen paper and dice days . Soon cured some GM's of having a boss that no Man could kill LOL.
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Always play a female character

I love playing the female character in any game that has it and it makes me feel electric.

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    Yeap, girl all the way.
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

Girls most of the time.

I haven't been until recently. Mostly because I was afraid of what others would think..but I decided not to care and so I play games as a female all the time now. I love it. There are a couple of games that I have so many cute outfits.

I make a bit more male characters than female, but I tend to play the female characters a lot more.

I usually pick the female character when given the chance.

Yes! Far more often than not I'm playing as a female. It's a great way to express femininity and be somewhat open to others - especially in an MMO.
    The worst thing that's going to happen is someone asking why. It's much easier to explain in the context of video games.

"But you're not a woman?" they would argue.
    "Im not a bad ass space cop either. Nor are you a reptile-man or highly trained assassin ... well ... unless there is something your not telling me."