Thread: Aprils gotta vent!(Semi-long Post, Sorry!)

Aprils gotta vent!(Semi-long Post, Sorry!)

OK, so let me start this post off by saying my brain is pretty much fried right now due to work, school, lack of sleep, and personal thoughts so I apologize for any incohesion.

So approximately 2 years ago, when I initially came out to my mother, I brought up my crossdressing as me being transgendered. I brought it up this way because that was how I FELT. At that point in time, I didn't do much research into the topic because I was a stupid, and that was just how I felt. I felt like I wanted to be a woman. There was something more to this crossdressing thing. During my discussion with my mother, she eventually concluded to herself and somehow to me, that I was wrong. I just liked crossdressing. I didn't want to be a girl, that's silly.(On a side note, when I told my aunt in private about it, she told my uncle, who then said 'I was just seeking out attention'. Big slap across the face there).
    Anyways, so since that night I always continued to repress thoughts of actually becoming a woman and just embracing my crossdressing. I think that was a good thing, as well as a bad thing. Good thing, because I learned a lot about myself concerning my crossdressing and learned a lot of new things I didn't know. But a bad thing because now, the repressed thoughts of me wanting to become a woman have now hit me like a boulder these past few days. I've researched into these thoughts and feelings and learned that it's more than possible for these feelings to be telling me something. It's possible that at the age of 20, I can learn later than most, than I want to become a woman.
    Ever since I started crossdressings, way back when I was 10, I had feelings in the back of my mind that were of wanting to actually become a woman. It's not a new feeling, just something I haven't actually listened to.

I feel like I'm leaving a lot out, but those thoughts just evade me. I will having dinner with my mother a couple nights from now, and I'm going to tell her these thoughts. Becoming a woman is something I have to do. These past couple of days, literally whenever I've had a chance, have been spent researching MtF transitioning, and all of it sounds like it's right for me.
    I have some expensive expenses coming up in the next month, but sometime soon I plan on scheduling an appointment with a gender therapist to actually get this sorted out. I need to be sure on this.

Thanks all for sticking with me through this vent, I needed to do it.

Toodles!
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

April
    You might get better responses if you posted this in the TS section.

Yes talk with a Gender Therapist as that is a good start.

I was just a little older than you when I had to figure it all out. In 1974 at 24. Was not much to find out there. I told my mother in 1974, and it was not easy to explain, as TS was not a big subject back then. Some will think that it is about sexual attraction. But it is not that, but far more.

There is NO ONE way to look into this.

Would love to hear more of your thoughts and feelings.

I was thinking about posting it there, I don't know. I know this section, that's uncharted territory :P

I don't know what I was expecting from this post. Probably would've been better as a word file that I just delete when I was done with it hehe.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

A lot of TS folk read the threads here and a lot of crossdressers read the TS section so I don't think you need to worry too much about where you post. Many TS folks have gone through what one of my post-op friends calls her "crossdresser phase" on their voyage of discovery so I wouldn't worry a lot. You don't have to get everything exactly right in one instant and, frankly, if you can work out that you're TS (or not) at 20 you're miles ahead of the game, not late at all.

Doing research and talking to a gender therapist is a good start.

You are young, so there is no need to rush anything.

April:

This section is fine (It is for ALL members and any discussions about anything in the TG spectrum)

Also, you will garner a lot of empathy from many many people on this site. Many of us have been down a similar path
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Vent away April, we're more than happy to listen! I agree, a gender therapist is an important first step and many of us have (and are) seen(ing) one.

seeing a gender therapist is a great idea - knowing who you are is a massive undertaking. the vocabulary wasn't there when I was 20, I sort of envy the younger girls who have the resources on line that didn't exist way back when.
    sigh - the baked clay cuneiform tablets just weren't that informative

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Talking to a gender therapist is great idea and you should.
    I have had those feelings my whole life but back then it seemed impossible. A lack of the internet,lack of gender therapists and general lack of any info at all.
    At 20 you are just figuring out life so take your time and learn more about yourself first.
    It may just be a good option for you to transition and it may not but you won't know until you delve into yourself with a therapist.
    If I knew all that I know now I would have transitioned many years ago.

Silver Member
    I'm presuming you are a college student. Gender therapy may be available to you there. Check it out.

Banned Read only
    AprilM.,
    I'm so glad you're going to see a gender counsellor , having all that going round in your head with no one to help you think it through isn't a good thing.
    Your age works both ways, you're young enough to go down this road without too many commitments , on the other hand you could be wrong and may be able to make a relationship work and possibly have a family, I nearly slipped in normal there but we do live compromised life styles so what is normal anyway ?

A good counsellor should get you through this and hopefully put you on the right road, best of luck !

Thank you all for the responses. I currently go to community college, but I'll check out if they have a gender counsellor. I have seen some therapists advertise that they have lower rates for those making minimum wage, so hopefully that will help as well.
    Long road ahead of me I feel :/

We all need somewhere to "vent" at times , so April do what you need to do. I do think the counseling is a good idea.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Was at the same point in my life 40 years ago, but it was a different world back then! I am very interested in how this goes for you and would gladly help as if there was a way i could. Maybe just to say i fully understand and would do the same if i was your age at the same point in my life! Please share with us how this goes for you!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!