Thread: Potential questions when coming out to SO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My SO told me about the crossdressing during our first week of dating. We had known each other for three years before this, but not intimately. He obviously anticipated the standard "Are you gay, do you want to be a woman" questions, and so he sent me a link to a site that explained the basics of crossdressing and that addressed those questions.

I was immediately accepting and so over time my SO felt free to expand the crossdressing. After about six-eight months of dating it had become quite a large part of our lives. Without going into all the details of how much it had all changed, over the following years I started to ask myself these questions: "Am I not enough for him, does he fantasize about other people, is he only with me only out of convenience, does he want me to be lesbian (because I'm not), does he want to come out to everyone, how will coming out affect our lives, how will my kids react when they find out, how will this affect my custody battle, what will happen to his job".

When I tried to discuss my fears without sounding as if I was non-supportive of the CDing, my SO would take it that I was being negative. So I stopped. Again without going into all the details, eventually I began to distance myself from our relationship because I had come to feel unwelcomed in my SO's life.

It's all OK now and the Pink Fog has been over with for years, but I'm telling you this story because there may be some questions your wife will have after a while that she may not know how to ask, if you do begin to ramp up the crossdressing like my SO did. So please just be aware that if your wife is ever unhappy about something, it will likely be because she has unanswered questions.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-15-2016 at 11:25 PM.
    Reine