Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have 'girly' interests (besides the obvious)

Aspiring Member
    I don't think there's even a proper definition for 'girly' activities these days. Even if there's one, there shouldn't be, and it's beyond pointless.

As an arbitrary aside, I've obviously never played netball competitively, but I hope things have changed regarding the women's-only status of netball.

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    My feminine side starts and ends a CDing. Hell even when dressed, I like to imagine myself indulging in my other hobbies (ie playing heavy metal on guitar, skateboarding, playing airsoft) that for the most part are activities that have a much larger male demographic.

Platinum Member Read only
    Sometimes I like being on the bottom in bed!

Really! Nearing the end of my seventh decade on Earth I've come to realize most wives like a man who helps with the housework and child care. Are you a guy who rather buy clean dishes at Goodwill rather than wash those in the sink and bathtub. My son has a male friend who actually did that. Anyway, I know my wife, when she is working or not, appreciates the fact that I push the vacuum around the house, washes the dishes, does the laundry and some ironing, cooks and bakes. Unfortunately when she is off work all those "girlie" chores are done en drab. When she is at work, well, it is done a la June Cleaver in dress, heels, etc.

Frankly, when a girl or young woman says something to the effect "That's man's work" I tend to set them straight! A woman can be a doctor too. And a man can be a nurse also.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Are you a guy who rather buy clean dishes at Goodwill rather than wash those in the sink and bathtub.
    Years ago I heard a comedian use the following example as one of nature's laws of bachelorhood: "the dishes won't get washed until there are no longer any clean ones in the kitchen. I discovered this one morning as I was eating cereal out of a bundt pan ........with an ice cream scoop".

I've started reading Chicklit- mostly Emily Giffin, good writer.

HA! Lorileah.
    I was a carrier fighter pilot for almost 30 yrs. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.... almost (depends on the clothes I now imagine).
    I never wore girly things under my flight suit because most are made out of synthetic fibers that would instantly melt to my sensitive body parts in case of a cockpit flash fire or ejection. However, I wore panties (or a bra at times) under my dress and casual uniforms when I thought I was safe.
    I've always had the attraction to dress since boyhood, and the obsession has risen and fallen during the course of 64 yrs. I'm still in great shape and have the freedom in retirement to pursue that OTHER SIDE OF ME.
    As for OTHER "GIRLY" INTERESTS? I am the typical 'jack of all trades'. I fear none of them and can master many; and one of the reasons I've always been the square peg is that I DO NOT follow normal neanderthal male interests to a great extent. You probably won't find me drooling over the NFL, (thought I played and enjoy the game.) Just not that into the 'fandom' aspects of male sports following.
    I do individual sports/recreation these days that could be male or female interests. I cook proficiently (much better than the SO). I know how to use a sewing machine (but haven't made my own dress yet- sure to come). I sing like a songbird and perform solos in church. Once I got over the stage fright and just let the voice OUT, it changed everything. I have fairly good skills at rendering, and I paint. Love the symphony. Love the ballet. Go to plays and stage performing arts. I play a good 'hacker' guitar too.
    I'm an educated (multiple grad degrees) , and [IMO] an erudite, thoughtful human being. Appreciative of the arts and the best civilization has. I also imagine most CDs on this board are also educated to an above average degree. In some respects I see more enlightened people prone to dressing.

I love smelly candles and fancy hand soap.
    In Denver there was this soap store called MELT that I would go to in the Cherry Creek mall. I would spend entirely too much money there.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Sarah,

I can't say that I have any interests in one mode or the other or that might have been thought of as girlie. My musical taste extends from the Carpenters to my absolute favourite genre, Vocal Trance. It just depends on my mood of the day. I've always been a techie, aircraft and computers in the main and this has never left me.

One thing I can say is that I hate reality television in any mode. I'd rather break a nail on my way out that endure that.

Oh,...I had thought of joining the Women's Institute...or maybe not!

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I got to google vocal trance.

That didn't take long. Youtube has many. Beautiful women scrolling on the video. And this tells me I've changed. There was a time I wanted girls like that. Now I want to be them! I have about the same chance!
    Last edited by Gwyneth; 10-04-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Well, let's see, my wife likes to work in the yard, mowing the grass and raking leaves. I hate it. She likes tearing our appliances apart and fixing them. I hate it. She loves football and is glued to the TV all weekend. I hate sports. She loves horses, riding them, grooming them, even shoveling out the stalls. I'm pretty indifferent about horses. She loves camping in the wilderness. I prefer fancy hotels.

No, I guess I don't have any girly interests.

I would guess, I like shopping.

Banned Read only
    I like candles too - Yankee candles. Not the ones that smell like food. The ones that have a sexy smell to them. I also like a great bar of expensive soap. I love to shop for all kinds of my CD stuff. Checking out at the register can be a little nerve racking at times. Most cashiers don't say anything off color. Every once in a while, someone at the register will say, "those skirts are gonna look great on you" when I am dressed as a guy. I just laugh and say, "they are for my wife, she loves short skirts with opaque tights in the fall and winter and I love to see her in those outfits in the fall and winter. It's a real sexy look on her." And then the checkout goes just fine from there. Any of you guys feel a little uncomfortable checking out at the register dressed as a guy buying girl's clothes?......Scarlett

I like collecting Dolls. I started out collecting action figure when I was young but now I collected Dolls for the last 10 or 15 years.
    I love candle and I light them up in my room and everywhere else in the house. Love to take bubble bath.

Aspiring Member
    I do bubble baths often.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Not much. My cats? Flowers.

Beading and Jewelry making.

If I answered this question a month ago I would have answered no. However, as of late I've been reading a lot of romance novels that are mostly marketed to women. Most are fairly trashy with a great deal of smut, but they do make for some entertaining light reading.