Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you dress?

Ditto MonctonGirl

Ponytail, jeans or shorts and a tee mostly unless the circumstances needed something else.

Being female does not mean I would need to show it.

I would be just happy to have it.

For me it is skirts and dresses. Sometimes in the summer I do wear shorts and my girly tennis shoes and a tank top. But If I go out to a movie and dinner. Then I am in a skirt with a nice blouse or a dress.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    mine is an English maid uniform.
    upstairs or downstairs?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I tend to wear above the knee skirts, tights a vest top and dressy jacket, usually 3 inch heels, however, as the weather has cooled, I decided to try something more appropriate to the temperature, I wore jeggings ankle boots 3" heel and bought a parka style winter coat, I also wore a woolly hat complete with bobble, it was a comfortable ensemble and I fitted right in, still prefer my dressy look though

Seeing all the replies saying things like "i'd never wear pants" or "I'd dress up to the max" I have to wonder how many of these people would change their mind when/if they were doing it every day. That's great thinking that way and more power to you if that is how you really would dress, but speaking from experience (I'm in the process of transitioning and live the life every day) being glamorous or never in pants or causal clothing isn't easy when you're out in the real world and have things that have to be done. There's a reason women go for the casual comfortable look and it's not always that they are lazy.

I would have to wear dresses and skirts even more. I do have some nice pants which I might wear with some tall heels, but usually I love having stockings showing under a skirt one way or another. Can you even wear a garter belt under pants?

I prefer to look good all the time,so I wear a short mini skirt,silky top&pantyhose,and black heels
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

I'm not sure I would call it a miracle if I changed into a real woman. I'm quite happy as I am, dressing up occasionally as I do. However, I would wear dresses and skirts all the time, going for a casual look or dressy look as the situation dictated. But whatever I was wearing, I would try and look my best.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

I'd dress casual for the most part, but skirts and dresses - Oh, wait - That's how I dress now!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

For me it would be a dress or a skirt.

I agree with Cheryl that the climate in your part of the country greatly impacts what you wear. Even in October down here in Texas we are experiencing 90 degree days where our sisters up north may be breaking out their sweater dresses. That being said if I woke up female tomorrow I wouldn't limit myself to dresses and skirts the rest of my life. I'd continue to wear shorts, jeans, capri pants, yoga pants and leggings as appropriate for the event I was attending or activity I was participating. I firmly believe I could still be quite feminine with proper accessories. Of course I would also have a selection of skirts and dresses from casual to formal in my closet to choose from for any occasion as my feminine prerogative dictated!

Skirts and dresses for the most part...overall look would be somewhere around business casual. Depending on the environment, rompers and skorts would fit in as well.

Aspiring Member
    I would probably look like my Mom. She has worn midi length blouses, sweaters, skirts, and dresses all her life, having variations in color, fit, and fabric appropriate to the occasion at hand. I wear the male equivalent: shirt, slacks, and tie with a sweater or jacket appropriate to the occasion. Always have. Only in the garden do I wear denim and so does Mom.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Interesting question. As I am of retirement age, I wonder if I would mirror other women of my age. Basically, they're done with all of the makeup and chasing fashion trends and diets and such. My wife primarily dresses like a male. It's just more comfortable. I would probably run the course of beauty/fashion and then just resort to comfort. Well, housekeeper uniform comfort.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm in Texas and am pretty much a boots and jeans guy. With either a long sleeve dress shirt or a polo depending on the weather. I work in IT so that fits for work as well. I do own some suits and a tux that I look really good in but don't wear very often.
    I already underdress in panties, bra and women's jeans and tank tops for T shirts(the ones from Old Navy are super soft, BTW and are designed to cover your bra straps)
    I wear skirts and tops and cute shoes around the house and for short walks through the complex late at night. I also have heels, stockings and garter to wear with my LBD when the mood strikes.
    If 'the miracle' were to happen, the only thing that would change would be the addition of current fem attire to my normal daytime collection.
    I do have to admit that my tops would get a little tighter than they are now.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Aspiring Member
    I currently measure 32-24-30 with paddings, height about 5ft 7. I will assume that this doesn't change, only that I'm a GG of similar facial shape and age, with the appropriate shoulder proportions. Most days, I reckon my hair would be in a ponytail. I also assume I'll look as average as I do (which shouldn't hold significant weight).

I dress like this in guy mode for the most part (although I wear cap-sleeved tops a great deal less frequently). No comments so far, but I'm more than sure someone has noticed. Likewise, I don't expect this to change while I'm still in college. I don't expect this to change either once I spend extended durations out there as Lily (for want of better phrasing).
    Attachment 267210

As my line of work will require me to wear a suit, I would likely go for pantsuits - I find them very smart looking. As of now, I'm no fan of pencil skirts. Less the jacket, I may dress like this in church as well. Notice the flats; I'm unable to wear heels in church. I don't like standing too long in them either.
    Attachment 267211

Given the weather my side of the world, I would say this kind of outfit is very much unavoidable for almost every occasion outside of work and church. Paired with a lazy ponytail and minimal make-up. I suppose I'll need much less of it. Whew. It doesn't really help that I'm probably very leggy to begin with. I don't think I can pull off this look with the body I have; at any rate, when out I dress like in the 1st picture.
    Attachment 267218

I think something like this warrants a place here as well, if only because I'm also quite overdressed (as James) when going downtown. Although many folks go there in T-shirt and denim shorts, it's entirely my fault that I dress that way, and I'm in no place to criticise them. At a more formal event I'd have my hair coiffed up and stuffed into a hairpiece disguised as a bun, or have it entirely let down. I wouldn't wear off-the-shoulder dresses right now; I don't look very good in those.
    Attachment 267217
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 10-10-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Reality Check
    None of us are qualified to say how we would dress as a woman because we are not and will never be women. As crossdressers, many of us dress as if we were "hot chicks", but of course we are not. Even if we found a magic lamp, rubbed it and a genie came out and turned us into women, most of us would still not be "hot chicks" and would look pretty foolish if we tried to dress as one.

To answer the question as best I can, in the unlikely event that I rubbed a magic lantern and a genie came out and turned me into a woman, I believe I would dress appropriately for my age and the time and place.

I believe one would dressed the same way as one dresses in male mode. In my last trip to Vegas I was at the gate with good two hours waiting. I saw several flights arriving to Vegas and I saw all passengers coming out from these planes. I was paying attention to how women dress. Only two women out of hundreds of passengers were well dressed, only two (in my judgement). I live in Florida for eleven years now and I would never go out to the street in shorts, flip flops and sleeveless t-shirts as many, many men wear in a daily basis. So definitely if I were a woman I would be very, very elegant all the time. By the way, I just booked another week in Vegas for February...can't wait to be there again.

Karla

Lilyy, very nice post, well done.
    Krisi, I agree, we can't say how we would dress (or think or do anything for that matter) because we are not women. If I were a woman, I would have a different brain directing my dressing style. I make up and dress very over-the-top as a CDer, but I think I might dress (as a woman) the way I dress as a man - casual comfort over style. But how could I ever know?
    It seems that many are answering the OP question as if they could have a female body but keep their MtF CDer brain.

Banned Read only
    I will have to disagree with Krisi and Nicole. Yes, there are some on this site who dress to reflect some inner feelings that most women or the vast majority of women would never do. I'm thinking of those who only dress in a "French maid" outfit. In my working life I always wore at a bare minimum a dress shirt with a tie, dress slacks and shined shoes. If I made a field trip I added a sport jacket. If I went to a function which required a jacket and tie, I did not feel out of place or an "ugh, I hate this!" My wardrobe of women's clothing consists entirely of dresses, not even any skirts and blouses. Why? That's the image of a woman when and where I grew up. As to why no skirts? Because I do not have an hour glass figure and wearing a dress that does not have a defined waist gives me in my mind a more womanly form. Or at least the form I believe the majority of women would want to have or maintain. A counselor I see for reasons other than gender issues (combat PTSD) ascribed to the belief everyone is born with some degree of genetic influence of the opposite sex. If I accept that premise for my desires to wear women's clothing, why then would it be an absolute that I would not "think like a woman?" I have a lot of qualities that seem to run against the cultural norms of our society.

Interesting question! I think I'd mostly be casually dressed. Leggings and a nice top for most of the time. When I needed to be a bit nicer it would be probably a long skirt and pretty top, or a nice dress, but probably not pants.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I would dress based on the circumstances and how I felt. I could feel dressy but wear jeans heels and a nice blouse not a skirt or dress

I'm one of the fortunate ones with a supportive wife who is very style conscious. Depending on the season, I ask her for suggestions, but she knows I favor skirts, blouses/sweaters and dresses. She is always amazed how my add-on enhancements, hip and butt pads, forms, waist corset, etc. improve my image. In our area, most women dress very "casually"...almost sloppy. We see little, if any, makeup, no heels or hose, etc. consequently most of my/our outings are after dark or way out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    None of us are qualified to say how we would dress as a woman because we are not and will never be women.
    Please note this section is for all parts of the TG world. Many of us ARE women. There are many even who consider themselves crossdressers who are or will be women
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Reality Check
    I was just going by the header at the top of the page "Male to female crossdressers". I should have known better.