Thread: Coming clean from the outset

Coming clean from the outset

OK gang... looking for your best advice... Here is the back story.

I am trying my luck at online dating. My subscription with the site expires in a few days and I will not renew. I think that my options there have run its course. Like a fireworks finale, I am going out with a bang. Instead of reaching out to girls that fit in my perfect little box, I am expanding my horizons a bit more the past few weeks.

A girl and I have exchanged a few emails on the site. One of my messages went something like this...

Ever see the TV dating game show called Baggage? It is hosted by former talk show host Jerry Springer. The premise of the show is that potential dates reveal something potentially negative/embarrassing (or at the very least, something that you probably wouldn't reveal early on in a relationship. My thought was to tell her that I am a CD. The email is written.... waiting for me to press send.

Do I do it? What are the positives? Negatives? Your advice is appreciated.

Baggage TV show link - http://www.gsntv.com/show/baggage/

In your case, assuming you do want to date them, I would wait. Reveal when things get serious otherwise
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I would definitely tell her before it get too serious.

I've seen that show (Baggage) maybe twice. Once, it was a girl who was doing the choosing. Her baggage was that she required her boyfriends to crossdress in the bedroom! The guy turned her down because of this.

Maybe you'll get lucky!

Jen,
    If I were young, as you apparently are, and not attached to a committed relationship, me personally?...... I'd say, "Sign me up for that !"
    One of the things I am finding I enjoy about my revived CD life is the sheer audacity of it.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I am not sure anyone knows the answer to this, each person is different. I suspect most will not start a relationship with someone if this is something they don't like. I think there are certain women who wouldn't mind our behavior but they are far and few...Just my opinion. I would wait to see if it is worth even disclosing then disclose before it gets too serious.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

It depends do you want an honest open relationship if so tell her. If your just looking for a fling then don't. At this point there is nothing to lose,

Thanks all. In the end, I did not say anything about dressing. I appreciate your comments.

Silver Member
    Coming out on the Internet is a really bad idea. Whatever goes in there stays for all to see forever. Coming out on first meeting is also a bad idea. If you two don't hit it off she will have no misgivings about blabbing it to everyone AND putting it in the worst possible light.

The best advice I see in this forum says to keep your CDing under wraps until you feel some real chemistry and make the revelation before you become intimate. The actual timing is up to the two of you. If she rejects you at this point, she will have come to know you as a real person and have some sensitivity in how she describes you to her friends.