Thread: Amazing what a change in outfit (and maybe makeup) will do

Amazing what a change in outfit (and maybe makeup) will do

I try to go out dressed when I have the time. I'll sometimes venture out to the mall or to lunch. I usually wear some type of dress or casual skirt, but in the past, I always seemed to get read at least a couple of times.
    I decided to experiment the other day and went out in skinny jeans, ankle boots, a blouse and a black cardigan. I think I've improved my makeup recently and have added false eyelashes. Now it seems that when I go out in this new outfit, I seem to blend/pass with no problem at all. I never get any looks or stares at all and the change in the way people seem to see me as just another woman going about her business is quite amazing. I've been out in this new outfit combo about 3 or 4 times now and the results are great and make me want to go out even more. I've been to the mall numerous times, to lunch, the bank, the post office, the drug store, the grocery store, etc. and I'm now getting no odd looks whatsoever.
    Now I'm not going to give up my dresses and skirts, but at least I now know that I've got a passable/blendable look that I can go to when I want to go enjoy myself for a day without feeling a bit self-conscious.

Congratulations on finding your look.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Andrea yes it's true I think if we dress to blend into the clothing trends of the day you will get fewer looks, I wear leggings
    or skinny jeans this time of year and in summer I may wear a cute summer skirt or maybe a sundress.
    I'm a big believer in blending and at least for me it makes me more comfortable being out

I dress to blend most of the time and like you said when I do I rarely get any odd looks or pick up on awkwardness. However, sometimes a dress calls to me and it needs to be worn so I give in. Almost every time that I wear a dress out it feels like I get identified as a man more. I usually get positive comments but I still know that I have been read.

Except for the long summer dresses I have, I wore them out this last summer and seemed to blend in just fine.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, it can really make a difference. Going out really dolled up during the day attracts attention, but do the same in the evening (especially on a Friday or Saturday) and you look just like everyone else.
    I have a really comfortable dress that I love. It has a bold print on it and attracts attention, but I found that if I wear a simple, plain coloured cardigan over the top, which dresses it down, nobody notices me. Most women dress up to go out, but go for comfort in their day to day life, and I now do the same. I figure that if I want to pass as a woman, I should behave like one.

Skirts and dresses are still out there but the majority of women are wearing jeans or pants with flats! Reality sets in! Oh, no! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Andrea,You can't dress to the Nines when everyone is in jeans and sweaters and expect to blend in ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I do not want to dress casual when I go out to shop. So I wear skirts and blouses and a jacket as a professional woman such as an accountant or law office employee would wear. My new profile photo shows me in that look.