Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird or not weird?

Weird or not weird?

When I have time to dress, it is always in the house and I've only left the house once and didnt like the feeling I received. Is it weird or just a me thing that when I'm dressed from head to toe in female that I find myself attracted to men but yet when I'm in guy mode, im only attracted to women. Does this make me weird?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 11-02-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: comment removed as it breaks the rules.

It’s not weird. It’s actually quite common to have those feelings.
    Last edited by Di; 11-02-2018 at 02:08 PM. Reason: The comment you were answering from above was removed

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    First off, I can't answer if you are in the right body or not. Speaking with a therapist can be very helpful for determining this.

Secondly, I think we are all a little weird, whether we crossdress or not.

Thirdly, I don't think it is entirely uncommon for crossdressers to "role-play" while dressed. I think there is a certain amount of healthy curiosity that goes along with being both ourselves and the objects we desire.

Fourthly, as someone who has struggled with sex addiction in the past, wanting to watch explicit movies while dressed might be indicative of another issue.

Sexual pleasure can act like a natural drug, releasing dopamine into the brain, not entirely unlike what heroine does for the addict. Over time, habitual sexual acts, can make us unsatisfied with the lower levels of dopamine that we get early on in our frays, and we can be tempted to act out more elicit behavior in hopes of achieving a bigger high. If this is what you find yourself doing while dressed, then "attraction to men" might not really be what is happening. You might consider seeing a therapist.

When you’re dressed you’re giving yourself permission to indulge. Wether it’s just fantasy or actual desire is up to you to figure out. It’s not a rare phenomenon around here. It does not necessarily mean you are gay or trans.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You may have a sex fetish that is connected to dressing and that is quite common.
    Being with a man only when you dress is more than likely a fantasy and doesn't mean you are gay,bisexual or trans.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 11-02-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: comment removed

Not this old chestnut again. Really wish people would stop using their crossdressing as an excuse that they are attracted to men. Your attracted men full stop in male or female mode so please stop trying to make it alright because its only when i dress. You are just in denial. I put on a dress but that does not make me attracted to men as I am not attracted to men in male mode. What you wear does not effect your sexuality.

Banned Read only
    I am with Vicky on this one.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As has been pointed out above, changing your clothes shouldn't change who your attracted to. If u enjoy male parts, your likely gay or bi.

However, quite a few of us here have been confused by a common T fantasy of being a woman with men. I thot I had suddenly turned gay until I worked out men's parts don't attract me at all.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Not this old chestnut again. Really wish people would stop using their crossdressing as an excuse that they are attracted to men. Your attracted men full stop in male or female mode so please stop trying to make it alright because its only when i dress. You are just in denial. I put on a dress but that does not make me attracted to men as I am not attracted to men in male mode. What you wear does not effect your sexuality.
    Chestnuts are to be roasted or oven baked Im not a cook!

But disagree with your thought!

Being attracted to men is so gross.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Stacey your response is rather vague.

Chestnuts are to be roasted or oven baked Im not a cook! - Enjoy the how you wish.

But disagree with your thought! - Please explain why.

Being attracted to men is so gross. - Please expand on this.

For some, it would be fun if taking off men's pants and putting on women's would change the sex they are attracted to. Unfortunately, clothing doesn't have that power.

Banned Spammer
    I see where Vicky is coming from and in some cases I am sure denial is a spot on conclusion.
    The thing is most guys would rather die than admit they are attracted to other guys so much so they have to use excuses to explain it away. CDing is one of those excuses.
    Being attracted to guys is not a bad thing and its OK really it is but thinking because you wear a dress it makes you want to be with a man sexually when you normally wouldn't proves its a fantasy.
    If you find guys attractive then find a guy you really like and live long and prosper don't hide it.

Silver Member
    I don't completely agree with Vicki. I know that I'm now TG, and when in full femme, I have had many fantasies of being with a man. This is something that 'grew' as my alter ego went from simple CDing to TG. Even now, as the male that I am, those fantasies of being with a man do not enter my mind. Its weird!

Banned Read only
    All these indenial topics over and over. Be happy, be gay.

Banned Spammer
    I think homophobia is prevalent here.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-02-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lygophilia View Post
    All these indenial topics over and over. Be happy, be gay.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I think homophobia is prevalent here.
    I would not say that is the case.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    At least to me, there is a marked difference between just messing around with a guy (for curiosity/pleasure) -- and actually being in a gay relationship with one.

To put it bluntly, the former could simply be viewed as a "more realistic toy."

The latter? You go on dates, you genuinely care for him as a person, you don't always have to have sex, you call/text when you're struggling (or just to see how his day is going), hold hands, give a peck on the cheek or something, embrace warmly, share feelings, move in together, blah blah blah. Etc., etc.

Do you want a real relationship with one, like a hetero guy typically does with a GG? Or do you just want to get your jollies?

See where I'm going with this??

Of course, I suppose sometimes that line can potentially blur a bit, unintentionally, while in the midst of it all.

But I think those who start going down this road need to figure out what, exactly, it is that they want out of this kind of deal.

And yes, YMMV.

I think that's common, along with arousal, excitement and maybe a little anxiety mixed in. So not weird at all.

Responding to the origional post, in my opinion you are NOT weird. You sound like me: When I dress as a woman, I essentially become a woman. My goal is to look attractive enough that I (as a man) would take a second approving look. My Kinsey rating goes up a point or two, as I picture myself with a guy, particularly another CD.
    Jaye

Gold Member
    Vicki hit the nail on the head; I am totals with her.
    Rader

Nah... sexuality doesn’t change with clothing. It can go both ways. For a long time, I “feared” that being a cross dresser meant I must be gay or at least bi. But it was a false association. I have enjoyed many fantasies about m/m as do many (most) heterosexual males.

But it wasn’t the same as my reaction to women. It was curiosity rather than genuine desire. In real life, I’ve had the opportunity to go both ways, but the reality just wasn’t remotely as enjoyable. If you’re curious, give it a try and see if the fantasy translates well to reality. Then you will know
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wouldn't say it's weird. Like other girls have said, it is quite common. But I gotta say, I do agree that is very likely that whatever feeling you have towards men when you dress, it doesn't originate on the fact that you are dressed. For a lot of girls, dressing can be a safe zone in which we allow ourselves to experience the world from a different perspective and that might include embracing feelings and thoughts that are unwelcome any other time, but at the end of the day, these feelings come from inside, not from the cute outfit we might be wearing. Then there's the issue of figuring out where does that attraction come from, and it can come from many different places. Does it come from the desire of being the life partner of a man? or does it come from the validation side of things where one might want to be recognized and treated as a woman by a man but not necessarily want to share your life with him? It's OK to want to be with one, either way. I would just recommend to really think about it so that if you decide to take any action to satisfy that attraction, it will be in the most satisfying, fun and enriching way possible. The most important thing IMO is to make sure you end up feeling happy, regardless of the decision you made! Good luck!

Not really weird, just a normal reaction we all get on occasions.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Weird, no; bisexual, yes.
    No reason to be alarmed. It's just a normal variation of human sexual desire.
    The reason you are only comfortable admitting it to yourself when you can assign those feelings to some other imaginary persona?

It's in my sig.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I sometimes feel attracted to a man, when I am Roxanne. No, I am not gay either, but really being a girl. It just seems natural, somehow. Maybe I should become a wife!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be