Thread: Bras

Bras

I have a 44 inch chest what size bra please anyone help

44 inch chest? Suggest you start with the obvious...44?.
    The question mark referes to your desired Cup Size. Given your chest size I again, suggest, a D Cup. So starting with a 44D Bra you'd have some proportion to the fem figure your trying to build.

Bra sizing consist of two measurements your "Band" size which is the diameter of chest in that hallow just beneath the nipples and the second measurement the Cup Size stated alphabetically A,B,C,D,DD, DDD,F,etc.

Proportionately, your Cup size should increase in inches as the Band size increases. Stated another way if you weigh 200Lbs an A Cup will lack definition and if you weigh 140Lbs a DDD will be "over the top" and look rediculous.

A tip here, with a properly fitting Bra you should be able to run your finger tips under the band quite easily. The Bra should fit snug but not tight and leave no marks or indentations on your body when removed. Conversly, it should be just snug enough as to not "ride" all over your chest. It should move with you, not on its own.

Hope I've helped,

Barbara
    Last edited by BarbaraNY; 05-11-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Is that a 44 across the breasts or below them? Make sure to measure below the breast, if you did then I'd suggest starting with a 44 like Barbara mentioned.

I wouldn't go past a C cup, however.

I've a 48" chest and depending on the top I'm wearing, go with a C or B look. And no, B doesn't look to small.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 05-11-2006 at 07:14 AM.
    DonnaT

Here's a page to help with measuring and all that stuff.

http://www.yvonnesplace.net/head_toe/bra_sizing.htm

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Bra size

Hi Joan,

I'm a size 44 myself. I've got a comment on the cup size you might want to get. Like I said I'm a size 44 and I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs. I just purchased breast forms from the Breastform Store they were 46B and they were BIG. Bigger than I wanted(I should have ordered a 44B). My point here is you need to know what you want to do in order to determine cup size. If you want really big boobs then go with Ds or DDs. If you want the size that maybe you can wear under drab and not be highly noticeable then scale back to maybe a cup size B. The world is wide open so you choose what you want. Good Luck.

Vivian

Smile Bra Sizes

I to wear a 44 and i have found that all bras marked the same size are in fact not the same. I have bought new bra's marked 44C and the band is not the same. Some are so tight that i can not hock them and others so loose that i find them to loose. If you can go to a store and try several differant bra's on to find one that is just right for you. I bought 2 new bras a while back marked 44C and one fit good and the other was about 2 to 3 inches to short. Of course i called the company and they told me to return it for a new one that fit.
    Best of luck,
    Richie fr Spokane, Wa

Donna has it right. Women measure their band size in a different place from men measuring their jacket size. I am a 44 chest as a man, but 39 fem. To find out your band size, put on a bra (pretty much any bra will do). Get the bra positioned correctly on your chest and measure around your chest just below the bottom of the bra.

Assuming that you are in the neighborhood of 6' tall, my guess is that you will find that a C cup suits your figure unless you are more than 210 lbs or less than 160 lbs.

Good luck!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Quote Originally Posted by Richie
    I to wear a 44 and i have found that all bras marked the same size are in fact not the same. I have bought new bra's marked 44C and the band is not the same. Some are so tight that i can not hock them and others so loose that i find them to loose. If you can go to a store and try several differant bra's on to find one that is just right for you. I bought 2 new bras a while back marked 44C and one fit good and the other was about 2 to 3 inches to short. Of course i called the company and they told me to return it for a new one that fit.
    Best of luck,
    Richie fr Spokane, Wa
    I have also had that experience. I wear a 42 jacket, but a 40 bra is the largest I need. I am wearing a 38 D which my gf gave me, and the band is a bit snug (like she wears hers), but it does give me some cleavage. I have bought a lot of lingerie at WalMart, which has a generous return policy, as long as the tags are still on and you have the bag and receipt. I have had to return several that should have fit but were way too small.

This one I can't figure out I have a 52 chest
    But I went for a bra fitting and they gave me a 44 C
    and it work well with my size 10 breast forms

I think woman users a smaller size so they don't sound as big
    as they really are
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I'm getting my notebook! Thanks for all the great tips! That was a question I had as well.

Zoe
    [SIZE="2"]ZoeGurl[/SIZE]

In Australia they size bras as 10 to 18 a.b.c etc very confusing Love 0.02