Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch out en femme

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Lunch out en femme

I just wanted to share with you a few brief details of another successful en femme outing. It was the weekend and Marla and I decided that we’d go out for lunch. Both of us try to eat healthily so we decided on Fresh Choice. If you’re not familiar with the name, Fresh Choice is a buffet-style restaurant chain whose most prominent feature is a large salad bar with prepared salads, soups, pizza, breads, muffins, and afterwards, fruit desserts, puddings, and soft-serve ice cream.

When we walked into the restaurant it was fairly busy and there was a bit of a line at the salad bar. We filled our plates with a combination of pasta and different salads and then made our way to the register. The checker greeted us with “how are you today ladies?” We both said we were fine, but I didn‘t say anything else because I’m not confident with my femme voice yet. In any case, I was just grinning from ear to ear at being called a lady by a GG. Marla did all the talking and paid for both of us. We found a table and after we sat down our waiter came over and said “hello ladies, I’m Anatoly and if you need anything, just let me know”. Wow, I’d been called a lady twice in the space of three minutes, that’s never happened before!

Half way through our meal Marla said “let me get a picture of you”.

Then, before we finished eating Marla thought it might be fun to ask our friendly Russian waiter Anatoly to take a snap. I’m a friend from out of town…right? Hee hee. Anyway, as you can tell from the camera angle he was pretty tall.

We finished eating and Marla wanted to visit the powder room. Now normally I go with her, but this time she didn’t prompt me and I didn’t ask. It never even occurred to me that I would be alone surrounded by Moms, Dads, and kids having Sunday lunch. I’d never been in a situation like that before. Our waiter came back and asked me if we were done and could he take the plates and stuff away. I said in my best femme voice “yes thanks” then he asked me if I’d like a refill on my soda….OMG I was interacting with a guy who seemed not to notice anything “odd” about me at all...or if he did he didn't say anything. I said I was fine and that I didn’t need a refill and he still didn’t give me any “funny looks” !

Marla came back and I told her about my little chat with Anatoly, and that nothing bad happened. She was very happy about it and said that next time perhaps I should do the ordering and paying at the register. Ooh err!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I was so proud of Angel! I knew she was a little nervous when we approached the entrance, because there was a large group of people coming out of the restaurant. But no one paid any attention to us, except for the kindly middle-aged gentleman who actually held the door for us and smiled.

Now about our waiter, Anatoly. He was big, young, and tough-looking -- not the type that you would expect to be overly accepting towards crossdressers. I don’t think he knew. But then again…who can say?

And as to whether I planned that visit to the ladies’ room to coincide with the time our dishes would need to be cleared…..come on now, would I do something that sneaky?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Ah, Angel, you make so jealous on two counts, first that you would do something like that, and second that you have another angel in Marla to help you!
    Wonderful story, thanks.
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

Nice Lunch

Angel, you stepped out and look great in the pics. I hope you fully appreciate the incredible lady Marla is to support you so much.

We are all expecting dinner pics soon.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Loved reading this....and the pics were awesome too.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Lunch out enfemme

I don't know about other members of this Panel but I can't get enough of the posts of ANGEL DARLING & MARLA G G.
    They are soooooo sweet & fem. that I am convinced they are still on their Honeymoon !!
    Hugs to all,
    Francesp56,
    Melbourne
    Australia.

WOW, I'm glad everything went well. We were at the mall the other day and the lady at one of the eaateries, asked if we wanted more of anythig "guys." But coming from a GG, I figured it was cool. Later, she asked, if I had problems, because of my voice sounding like a guys. I just told her if I'm treated bad, I go elsewhere.She agreeed that if I was treated baddly, I should go to another placr. If she only knew...Bill

Princess of Darkness Helena Constantini's Avatar

I admire

I have not been able to go to public places yet.
    I really want to do this.
    I admire to others who are doing this
    Helena
    Helena

I always look forward to Angel and Marla's adventures.

Keep having fun girls.

Love the pics too!
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

Very happy for the both of you. A nice lunch and whole lotta excitement!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Princess of Darkness Helena Constantini's Avatar

Kind behaviour

I am rather sensitive for kindness.
    I am afraid tha outside may be rather arrogant
    Helena

Angel and Marla,

Glad you had a nice time out, girls and it's great to see the pix too (brings it all to life!)

Take care.

Sara xxx

Thanks for the pictures and the story you both look swell.

Angel, you'll get more and more comfortable with being alone en femme. Last year I was terrified if my wife took more than 2 steps away from me in a store. This year we get separated in a museum or store and it's no big deal. Just comes from more and more outings. Enjoy yourselves!

Sally

It sounds like you both had a wonderful lunch

IT always nice to hear of a successful outing

Well done Ladies

Great pics too
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Ahh, so this is the salad bar marla told me about....if anything I am more jealous of you'll having a salad bar place in California.....in our little world up here they have all but disapeared.....

sorry off-topic.....not here to talk about salads am I?

The pics are cute! Angel you ready for that manicure now?

I think sometimes the best places to go are those where people are *not* expecting to see tg's. And this is proof that as long as you are dressed for the situation and comfortable and enjoying yourself things work out just fine.
    Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for a great recounting of such a successful trip out!

Angel - you need not have worried: looking at the photos of you, it does not surprise me that people didn't give a second thought to your gender.

Congrats!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

dinning out

oh you are sooooooo lucky and i'm soooooo jealous. glad that you had such a wonderful time.
    sue ellan

Absolutely fabulous
    Congratulations to you both on another great outing. I'm so glad you're having fun, keep doing it and keep telling us all about it.

Huge to you both
    [SIZE="1"]"All you have to do is believe, and it's yours" Kirk Brandon

All people contain the potentiality of enlightenment; and the process, therefore, is just in becoming what you are.
    [/SIZE]

You two kids just have more and more fun! Thanks for sharing some of it with us.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Glad you had a great time out Angel. Now go out and get the nails done.

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Hi Angel,

A big for you! Looks like you had a good time. And nice pix as well.

Congrats on a successful outing! You'll be getting your toesies done before you know it.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Way to go Angel! You and Marla just keep on having fun.

Over the years around Atlanta, waiters and waitresses at the places I sometimes go enfemme have discovered they get will bigger tips if they address me in the gender I am presenting. I've been in restaurants with large groups of crossdressers, where it was very obvious what we were, but the wait staff was careful to address us all as women. Whether your waiter caught on or not is not really important - what is important is that he conducted himself professionally and as a gentleman. That is what you should always expect at any successful restaurant.
    Phoebe

Too cool. You two are great. My wife and I have had some adventure at joes crab shack in atl. Sorry no pics yet. Maybe on our next excursion.

Cheers to you marla, I have often thought my wife more the champion for her participation. Go get them nails done full set too!

Angel, From my own experience, if a cd really wants to pass and blend in, go with a gg. You can do that. With Marla helping you through any tight spots, you should just relax and enjoy the moment. You are presentable enough by yourself, but with Marla by your side, you could go anywhere and totally blend in. Have fun.

Jodi